Options

Ron Sedaille

wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It would appear has been "let go" after 29 years service on WDRC FM!!

Not just this country then where the lunatics have taken over the asylum!!!>:(>:(:cry:

Comments

• Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All request Saturday Night - best oldies show anywhere! Good luck Rockin' Ron!;-)
  • Options
    KnobTwiddlerKnobTwiddler Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wckartist wrote: »
    That's sad news, his little videos on YouTube were very entertaining.
    Radio is really going down the pan on both sides of the Atlantic - It appears that the advertisers only want to target young people today and as usual us oldies are the losers. This is why I don't listen to broadcast radio any more as there is very little on the dial for listeners of my age. :(

If you like oldies try these pod casts from Ron O'Quinn, he used to be on the offshore station Swinging Radio England in the 60's.
  • Options
    MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received the news today that the new owners of Hartford's Big D have decided not to retain me, or All Request Saturday Night. I feel blessed to have worked for such a legendary radio station for the last 29 years. My coworkers and many of you have become dear friends over the years, like family. In life, when one door closes another opens. I have big plans to keep the Saturday night show alive, and I will let you know about it soon - Please stay in touch!! Love to you all. - Ron Sedaille on Facebook

http://www.courant.com/features/hc-fillo-wdrc-0707-20140707,0,7093799.story

Appalling news. He's showing as being on air right now, but I don't think he is....
  • Options
    KnobTwiddlerKnobTwiddler Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found some YouTube audio on my H/D that I edited together of Ron - It's here.
  • Options
    wandsworthwillwandsworthwill Posts: 339
    Forum Member
  • Options
    paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up with the times then.
    Outdated toss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulx23 wrote: »
    Finally caught up with the times then.
    Outdated toss.

Rather have a good pro like Ron than someone who does three speed links an hour!
    Link 1 - Check the website
    2 - Enter the competition, calls cost £32 a minute!
    3 - "Z" list celeb waffle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Rather have a good pro like Ron than someone who does three speed links an hour!

That's because you're an anorak. Normal radio listeners prefer big money giveaways, songs they know and love and minimal chat rather than six jingles in a row, obscure oldies and dated DJ patter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut6 wrote: »
    That's because you're an anorak. Normal radio listeners prefer big money giveaways, songs they know and love and minimal chat rather than six jingles in a row, obscure oldies and dated DJ patter.

Oh of course........

Everybody thinks..."I'm a bit strapped for cash, so i'll listen to the radio so I can win thousands!"

Silly me!
  • Options
    PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would explain why Tony Blackburn is so unpopular then.
  • Options
    radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pity the BBC won't ditch Steve "yeah great" Wright and his afternoon sycophants and other out dated "Deejays".
  • Options
    Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks as if Ron Sedaille is planning to launch his own internet station according to some of the posts on his Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/rockinron.sedaille?fref=ts
  • Options
    ErwinErwin Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the name of the new station?
  • Options
    Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erwin wrote: »
    What's the name of the new station?

Afraid I don't know. Cannot find any clues on his Facebook posts & Google turned nothing up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait and see.
  • Options
    CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that Radio Wait and See or Wait and See FM?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's wait and see until things go up and running. But a I guess another oldiesstation where we already have thousands of them on the net.
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to hear Rons new station / output. All Request Saturday Night was a good fun listen. He had listeners from all around the world and it was cool to get a song played, if you're here Ron I loved to listen from the UK :)
  • Options
    PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be good to hear Ron on Oldies Paradise :)
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Imaginative use of the word 'normal' there - would that be normal as in normal Sun / Daily Star 'readers' for example who prefer big jugs and small words ?