1234568»

Comments

• Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^ You mean something like:

they pick up a message on the radio, they go somewhere to do/get something, but find it is not what they expected, then they get attacked, one/two non-important crew members die, one/two importants get wounded, one/two get captured whilst the rest return to the ship, rescue party sent out, kills the baddies, rescues the goodies, return to ship to find the wounded are all better with one having a noticable scar/slight disability that can carry over to the next ep to show some continuity, and the bearded guy tries to schooch the Dr again, roll credits. (with a couple of non important sub storylines involving a splattering of humour which you can fast-forward over without missing anything important)

That is pretty much how its likely to progress :(

I haven't read the book on which the show is based, would be intrigued to know how far the series differs.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »

I haven't read the book on which the show is based, would be intrigued to know how far the series differs.

Very different (for one it's a Nuclear War rather than a Virus that wipes out humanity) according to this synopsis of the book.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you could watch the first and last episodes of this series and not feel you've missed out on anything.

Tex was the best thing about this season, so hopefully he'll be back next season.

Just hope this doesn't go the way of Revolution and other post apocalyptic series and ends up on a whimper rather than a bang.

Not a good ship's crew who allows a bunch of sheriffs to take them over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I actually liked this show, and I got to be honest. The final episode was shocking the ending was just crap. I had to even check to see of there was another episode as the ending was that poor. Yes they had the cure but was expecting more
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it my decision to abandon The Last Ship half way through episode three isn't choice I'm going regret in later years :D
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I take it my decision to abandon The Last Ship half way through episode three isn't choice I'm going regret in later years :D

I don't know you might, it kind of filled my Revolution void at first it was car crash TV, defo knew exactly what was going to happen but couldn't help but watch anyway/ Over the season however I found I actually quite enjoyed it and it could be really good viewing in season 2 the direction it took and the way it ended
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Abandoning a show is never a choice to regret as it's always easy to acquire it again if it turns out you made the wrong decision (possible, but unlikely) or that it unexpectedly got good (unlikely, but possible).
    However, continuing to watch crap in the vain hope it will improve is always a mistake as you can never get back the time you used up waiting for the good episodes to never arrive.

Mediocrity should never be rewarded. :)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the Mad Russian Admiral has somehow survived and turns up in Season 2

Season 1 ended up with another cliche Heroic Military Types fighting against villainous Remnants of The US Govt