Brian Blessed

1235»

Comments

• jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Funny you should say that. Having young children Peppa Pig is on in my house a lot. Brian voices Grampy Rabbit. He runs a lighthouse and when it's Foggy Grampy Rabbit shouts FOG at the top of his voice.

I had no idea about that, as I don't watch Peppa Pig. :)
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end of his episode of I, Claudius is amazing. Augustus dies and slowly you see his face in close up listening to his wife tell him she's killed him with poison ....and he slowly dies on camera, facing it in full close up....and the light in his eyes dies and he's in perfect stillness.Its eerie and unsettling and brilliant at the same time.

Poor Augustus - that Livia was one evil poisoning witch!
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Poor Augustus - that Livia was one evil poisoning witch!

But like the historical sources the book is based on a lot of it is like the worst sort of tabloid cobblers - with a political agenda written after their deaths to destroy their characters.

Bullshit in other words. :D

And I have seen recent documentaries on Livia, Nero and Gaius Germanicus - he hated the nickname 'Caligula' - and there was very little contemporary accounts of their real personalities.

I highly doubt that we will ever know the real truth now but it made for some wonderful television. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup always rather liked Brian Blessed his voice is very distinctive and instantly recognisable.
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic isn't it? Brian Blessed and Hawkwind. I cant get over it. :) Just need Stacia to make a comeback now!

My brother's band are supporting Hawkwind at "Hawktoberfest" in Manchester at beginning of October. He's so hoping that BB makes an appearance. Think he's more excited about the possibility of meeting Brian than he is in supporting the Hawks...

Brian Blessed and (the late) Brian Glover are his two favourite actors - by a mile.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I can't help but smile when Brian is on screen his enthusiasm for everything is infectious. How lovely would it be to have a person like this in your life?
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Funny you should say that. Having young children Peppa Pig is on in my house a lot. Brian voices Grampy Rabbit. He runs a lighthouse and when it's Foggy Grampy Rabbit shouts FOG at the top of his voice.
    <snip>

That's a joke, just for the parents isn't it.
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I can't help but smile when Brian is on screen his enthusiasm for everything is infectious. How lovely would it be to have a person like this in your life?

It might be alright if I had a pair of ear-defenders.
    Forum Member
    That's a joke, just for the parents isn't it.

Are you asking or telling us.