Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    So less than a week until this starts in the States and we still don't know when/if 4 are showing it (E4 late at night in a few months?) Guess they don't care that people will just download it instead.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »
    So less than a week until this starts in the States and we still don't know when/if 4 are showing it (E4 late at night in a few months?) Guess they don't care that people will just download it instead.

What's wrong with that I watch and download it and with up to 1280x960 res, it's a lot better than on TV. :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I thought that Agents Of SHIELD was airing in the US without any breaks apart from the winter break for Agent Carter which makes no sense for Channel 4 to not delay it!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Exactly. More than happy to wait for an un-interrupted run.

I'll never understand some people's need to do something illegal and immoral just to see a TV show a little earlier than they otherwise would. :confused:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E4 are repeating season 1 from Wednesday afternoon onwards.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Exactly. More than happy to wait for an un-interrupted run.

I'll never understand some people's need to do something illegal and immoral just to see a TV show a little earlier than they otherwise would. :confused:
    Depends if you are discussing the show on a forum/with friends or not.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 are repeating season 1 from Wednesday afternoon onwards.

Great as I missed the start last year and didn't want to start on ep 5
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Great as I missed the start last year and didn't want to start on ep 5

I am giving it a re-watch as i found the second half of the season quite weak and quit watching, so want to be caught up ready for season 2.
    Forum Member
    I've read Rumours that Channel 4 might not start showing Agents Of SHIELD untill 2015 if that's the case then I will be obtaining the show via other means as I can't wait that long and avoid the spoilers!
  • DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont do a spoiler, but there is other ways we can watch it in the uk, i wont say anymore on that though, hahaha.

But what i will say is this - Agents Of SHIELD airs on ABC in the USA on Tuesdays at 8/9 Central Time, so it isnt hard to work out the rest, so you can watch it :)

But i love the marvel films and i also love the Agents Of SHIELD TV series, im soo glad its in a second season, the first episode was cracking, cant wait for the second and the rest, looks like its gonna be a cracker of a season :).
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I've read Rumours that Channel 4 might not start showing Agents Of SHIELD untill 2015 if that's the case then I will be obtaining the show via other means as I can't wait that long and avoid the spoilers!
    I can wait and can (mostly) avoid spoilers. Rather that than have weeks between new eps!
    Forum Member
    But that's not the case with the second season of Agents Of SHIELD as I thought the only break in the US was the winter break when ABC will be showing Agent Carter in its place!

Unless this shows that Channel 4 won't be showing Agent Carter so they are delaying showing Agents Of SHIELD so that they don't have break for the time when Agent Carter is being shown in the US!
    Forum Member
    That would also confirm the rumour that Channel 4 are not planning to start showing Agents Of SHIELD untill 2015 as the break between the first and second half of the 2nd season of Agents Of SHIELD is going to be nearly 3 months as Agent Carter is a 13 episode long season!
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would also confirm the rumour that Channel 4 are not planning to start showing Agents Of SHIELD untill 2015 as the break between the first and second half of the 2nd season of Agents Of SHIELD is going to be nearly 3 months as Agent Carter is a 13 episode long season!

I believe Carter is only 8 episodes.
    Forum Member
    Sorry I double checked that and it is 8 episodes for Agent Carter but we don't know if Channel 4 will show it!

This is what makes me wonder when Channel 4 will show Agents Of SHIELD as they will have a gap if they don't show Agent Carter unless they don't start showing Agents Of SHIELD untill January 2015!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that Agents Of SHIELD was airing in the US without any breaks apart from the winter break for Agent Carter which makes no sense for Channel 4 to not delay it!

even if c4 started showing it next week i would let them build on my planner. i am not waiting 2 months for a new episode again, ive had enough on all shows.

vampire diaries,originals,arrow,flash,gotham,shield etc will all build up on my planner for 5-6 episodes before i start watching this season.
    Forum Member
    That must be difficult to avoid spoilers though!

I don't mind waiting a few weeks myself for UK pace but when they delay it a few months that does annoy me as it makes it very difficult to avoid any sort of spoilers then.That is why Im so concerned that Channel 4 maybe going that route with Agents Of SHIELD!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That must be difficult to avoid spoilers though!

I don't mind waiting a few weeks myself for UK pace but when they delay it a few months that does annoy me as it makes it very difficult to avoid any sort of spoilers then.That is why Im so concerned that Channel 4 maybe going that route with Agents Of SHIELD!

yeah odd spoiler might find its way thorugh i guess but im gonna give it a try this year, i hate coming back froma hiatus and being like "how did that character find out about the villains hideout?" etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I think it would have been better if Sky had got the rights for the show, they could have put it on Sky 1 like Arrow
    Forum Member
    Well let's hope that Channel 4 show Agents Of SHIELD season 2 after E4 finish rerunning season 1 which would mean that they would start showing it in the 24th October!
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Season 2 starts on RTE2 (Irish channel) this Sunday. I was shocked when I saw the ad last night because I watched season 1 on c4 last year and it's not like us to get anything before ye.
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they are waiting to see if they are picking up agent carter. Wonder who would.

I need it now :(
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else get deluged with twitter feeds about the S2 premiere last night like I did? It was ghastly, I was looking for something non-AoS and I kept hoping I wouldn't see anything too spoilery!
  • scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Season 2 starts on RTE2 (Irish channel) this Sunday. I was shocked when I saw the ad last night because I watched season 1 on c4 last year and it's not like us to get anything before ye.
    Actually RTÉ have been quite good at getting European premiers of previous programs. LOST and Scrubs made it to Irish screens before UK screens in the past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I watched almost all of S1 on channel 4 because it was only slightly delayed from the original US air date, but since Channel 4 isn't doing that this time, and can't be bothered to tell anyone when it's showing it, I may as well download the episodes.

Do channel 4 not understand you can't delay massively this in this day and age? What the hell are they thinking? And why aren't they telling anyone when they're airing it (or IF)?