Winter time!

Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Roaring log fires, cosy nights with the sound of rain thundering down outside, a good old winter storm, watching people suffering flooding, icey roads and frosty mornings!!

Winter is on its way back guys, the mornings are already darker, and the sun has packed up for the year after another fleeting stay. A few weeks and it will be september, officially the start of the dull months. Bonfire night, halloween and the C word

Best time of the year!

Comments

• mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pigs in blankets. F*ck yeah!
  • PinkGlitterPinkGlitter Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im quite pleased about this, I bought a nice coat the other day.
  • Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just been to Trago Mills shopping centre in Newton Abbot and they have Christmas wrapping paper up and the space they usually have the Christmas stuff is being cleared :eek:
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that yesterday, I like the winter. Cosying in all snug with the fairy lights and candles on, making soup, being able to wear my hats without looking daft.

The only thing I don't like is when you go to bed it's cold in there and it takes a while to heat it up and if you move your foot a bit you have to start all over again, and if you have get up to go to the toilet in the night it's so cold you don't want to get out of bed.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Daily Express said the North will be getting snow at the end of August!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always look forward to the autumn and can already feel it in the air first thing in the mornings. It's soon going to be time to sit in front of my fire with a hot drink watching horror films as it will be dark earlier again soon. Can't wait. I used to love summer but they used to be longer and hotter than they are now so they have become a bit of a non entity for me now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    I used to love summer but they used to be longer and hotter than they are now so they have become a bit of a non entity for me now.

I can assure you summer has always been roughly the same length and roughly the same temperature :)
  • Olivia is coolOlivia is cool Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Rain here in Kent this morning, and it's only August.
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you all mad?

You would rather swap the light, sunny mornings full of lush flowers and beautiful trees and the warm, long summer nights for freezing cold dark mornings, having to wear three layers of clothes to keep warm and dark miserable nights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    I can assure you summer has always been roughly the same length and roughly the same temperature :)

Well maybe it was because I was younger and more carefree then lol.
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    widger wrote: »
    Are you all mad?

You would rather swap the light, sunny mornings full of lush flowers and beautiful trees and the warm, long summer nights for freezing cold dark mornings, having to wear three layers of clothes to keep warm and dark miserable nights.

You and me both. I think they're all bonkers. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain here in Kent this morning, and it's only August.

Are you having a laugh? We've been having rain up north since the end of June
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Hate winter, hate the cold, hate the snow, hate the gloom, so depressing.

Give me sunny warm long days any day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    Well maybe it was because I was younger and more carefree then lol.

hehe I know what you mean though, I'm sure when I was a little kid summer lasted forever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    Great. 9 months of winter to look forward to! Boring!! I'd much rather be outside, at the beach, going out. :mad:
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind a proper snowy winter but I hate when it's just dreich for months on end.
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    I don't mind a proper snowy winter but I hate when it's just dreich for months on end.

:D Sometimes, I quite like it when it's dreich.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Sometimes, I quite like it when it's dreich.

Aye, it's alright for a couple of days but when it is like that from October to March I get a bit :(
  • ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a massive fan of wind but I don't mind rain. As an amateur photography I love going into the park near to me in autumn and taking photos when it is a nice clear day with a little frost etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    widger wrote: »
    Are you all mad?

Yep, i love the winter.
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A321 wrote: »
    You and me both. I think they're all bonkers. :p
    Make that three, total mad hatters :p

I could have written that myself. I'd be fine with autumn, winter and spring if they were all condensed into one month :D
  • mick.dundeemick.dundee Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I love it when it's dark and rainy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Autumn and winter are my fav seasons. Love the build up to fireworks night,halloween and then christmas.

The lovely crisp cold mornings when you can see your breath,the colours of the leaves change,big comfy jumpers,boots,scarves and gloves,hot chocolate with marshmellows,relaxing with hubby under our faux fur throws watching TV,stews,chrsitmas lights and trees....*sigh*

I also love it when Starbucks start their christmas drinks range. From then on the countdown to christmas starts:)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Same here! Its nice where I am right now and I have an exam at half 2 :( Typical exam weather!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Love love love winter!
    Get home, Pjammies on with a duvet on the sofa!
    Having to wrap up warm to walk round the shops!
    So snug and cosy!
    Glad I am not the only one who thinks this!!