Cherry Pregnant BBC3

LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
Forum Member
✭✭✭
IS anyone watching this? Yet another item on teen mums but can't believe they are called names by strangers on the street!
Or that one girl is on her second at 17 , can't blame lack of sex education in this case.

I hope they don't show a birth scene because I might faint:o:eek:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Watched this last night, can't say I learnt anything new, but it was mildly interesting I guess. Not sure what I made of Cherry, she seemed quite cold, and a bit off sometimes, didn't really warm to her, or care much for her story.

So glad the older couples' babies were doing well though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I watched this and found it really interesting!!

It was nice to see all the babies at the end :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it too, had to turn over at the birth bits though! I quite enjoyed it, even though i dont plan on having any sproglettes for a good few years yet :P Will watch the wedding one next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I watched, enjoyed, found it bittersweet :)
    The one that annoyed me was the 14yr old. "You can't help getting pregnant, it just happens..." tends not to if a) you don't have sex or b) you use contraception! :eek:
    NB: Not a diss on teenage mums, a diss on thick teenage mums who think it's not their fault.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry Healey seems to be BBC Three's new darling of documentaries. Last year, Ms Healey did a doc where she got drunk and interviewed drinkers of various ages, just like in yesterdays show.

Next week we see Cherry get married, followed by another doc on the following Monday.
    Forum Member
    Cherry Healey seems to be BBC Three's new darling of documentaries. Last year, Ms Healey did a doc where she got drunk and interviewed drinkers of various ages, just like in yesterdays show.

Next week we see Cherry get married, followed by another doc on the following Monday.

Not sure why either, because she's really not very likeable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the other episode then? Apart from the pregnancy and wedding ones
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty_koo wrote: »
    Whats the other episode then? Apart from the pregnancy and wedding ones

Cherry Goes Dating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry Goes Dating.

Thanks

Think i've got my life planned the wrong way round lol, supposedly you're meant to have a baby, then get married and then go dating :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks

Think i've got my life planned the wrong way round lol, supposedly you're meant to have a baby, then get married and then go dating :p

That's what I thought! Maybe the BBC scheduler though the baby doc was the best of the three and showed them in that order?
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Watched this last night, can't say I learnt anything new, but it was mildly interesting I guess. Not sure what I made of Cherry, she seemed quite cold, and a bit off sometimes, didn't really warm to her, or care much for her story.

So glad the older couples' babies were doing well though.

The older woman who said she didn't want children until she met her current partner really made me think. It was nice to see her baby doing well but the programme was made a while back so I was wondering why they didn't reveal what had ahppened to all of the mothers. I felt a bit sorry for the city woman's baby , she didn't seem to want a baby that much but maybe it was edited badly.
    I watched, enjoyed, found it bittersweet :)
    The one that annoyed me was the 14yr old. "You can't help getting pregnant, it just happens..." tends not to if a) you don't have sex or b) you use contraception! :eek:
    NB: Not a diss on teenage mums, a diss on thick teenage mums who think it's not their fault.

I didn't like the teenage parts but it proved to me that a lot of underage pregnancies happen because the girls feel unloved. They know how to avoid pregnancy , have friends who are already mothers yet still end up pregnant too. It's a socio-economic problem and not a sex education one although I agree with kids being taught sexual education , obviously.

I've not heard of her before but I was thinking "Is she the new Dawn Porter?".
    I prefer Miss Porter because she is warmer and looks approachable but I might watch the wedding one next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    I prefer Miss Porter because she is warmer and looks approachable but I might watch the wedding one next week.

I think the BBC are looking for their own Dawn Porter, however as Ms Healey is younger and closer to BBC Three's target audience, you can see why they went for her.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was rather a weak programme I thougt. As many earlier comments have said Cherry does not come across very well on tv and maybe not in the flesh either.
    Forum Member
    The older woman who said she didn't want children until she met her current partner really made me think. It was nice to see her baby doing well but the programme was made a while back so I was wondering why they didn't reveal what had ahppened to all of the mothers. I felt a bit sorry for the city woman's baby , she didn't seem to want a baby that much but maybe it was edited badly.

Yes, the 'career girl' lady wasn't very nice, she seemed to be having a baby because 'it's the done thing'. Thankfully her husband seemed much more into parenting, but I still sighed a bit when they were talking of getting a nanny in straight away.

Also agree with you that Dawn Porter is a much more likeable presenter. I'm not sure I'll watch any more of Cherry's programmes.
  • Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the BBC are looking for their own Dawn Porter, however as Ms Healey is younger and closer to BBC Three's target audience, you can see why they went for her.

The BBC are not looking for "their own Dawn Porter" but a replacement to Dawn Porter. Dawn Porter can only be a couple of years older than Cherry and used to do exactly these types of documentaries on BBC3 a while back.She was always on there.:p

There was a whole series of BBC3 docs, Dawn goes....dating,....lesbian....one about having a baby, one about nudity.These were on BBC3 no more than two or so years ago. Before that I recall her doing a doc on BBC3 where she tried to get down to size zero, Super Slim Me.

Agree with those who preferred Dawn. Much warmer and a better presenter.
  • cjay27cjay27 Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The older woman who said she didn't want children until she met her current partner really made me think. It was nice to see her baby doing well but the programme was made a while back so I was wondering why they didn't reveal what had ahppened to all of the mothers

I post with the mum of Andrew on another forum, her baby is doing well, and is now ust over a year and weighs a healthy 14lbs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjay27 wrote: »
    I post with the mum of Andrew on another forum, her baby is doing well, and is now ust over a year and weighs a healthy 14lbs!

Aww that's fantastic. It was heartbreaking seeing her being told he'd have to come early. Anyone know about the woman who was having the twins?
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dawn started on BBC3 and I think i'm the same age as her! I'm too old for BBC3?! the shame:o:D
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Yes, the 'career girl' lady wasn't very nice, she seemed to be having a baby because 'it's the done thing'. Thankfully her husband seemed much more into parenting, but I still sighed a bit when they were talking of getting a nanny in straight away.

Yeah , i'm not against nannies but couldn't imagine having a baby and going back to work within days. I think a lot of women still feel pressured into having children because it's what you are supposed to do. Her husband was a keeper as he seemed nice!
    cjay27 wrote: »

I saw that thread and realised it was her! Small world eh?! Hope they continue in good health!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch Cherry gets married? I quite enjoyed it, but i couldn't believe the teenage couple that were engaged! :eek: aged only 15 and 16, the girl asked what she would do for food after the wedding said she would buy it all from Iceland....:rolleyes:

Anyone else think Cherry's hair looked awful at her wedding? Looked like it had just been clipped up really badly, and i think when her veil was nearly pulled off as she was walking up the aisle didn't make things better :S
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch Cherry gets married? I quite enjoyed it, but i couldn't believe the teenage couple that were engaged! :eek: aged only 15 and 16, the girl asked what she would do for food after the wedding said she would buy it all from Iceland....:rolleyes:

Anyone else think Cherry's hair looked awful at her wedding? Looked like it had just been clipped up really badly, and i think when her veil was nearly pulled off as she was walking up the aisle didn't make things better :S

Did we really have to hear her going for a wee too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    As someone who's Weight Watched in her time, trust me, every loo visit counts. ;)

I thought Cherry looked beautiful. Her dress was simple but beautiful, the veil stunning with the detailing that wasn't blingy, and actually I did think her hair was a bit messy, but that is was very her. Loved her jewellery too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bolton Wanderers footballer and Wags wedding made me cringe when the brides' father said that she always expected the very best of everything throughout her life.
    Sixty thousand pounds on a wedding day! Ridiculous in my opinion even if hubby is good at kicking a ball around a field for a living.

As for the pregnancy episode I thought it was lovely to watch.
    But I was sad when the woman got bad news at her scan. Glad that baby is OK now.

What is next weeks episode? Anyone know?
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    why is she going dating next week when she's already got married and had a baby?

i enjoyed this episode though and loved her wedding dress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why is she going dating next week when she's already got married and had a baby?

Maybe it didn't work out :eek:
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC are not looking for "their own Dawn Porter" but a replacement to Dawn Porter. Dawn Porter can only be a couple of years older than Cherry and used to do exactly these types of documentaries on BBC3 a while back.She was always on there.:p

There was a whole series of BBC3 docs, Dawn goes....dating,....lesbian....one about having a baby, one about nudity.These were on BBC3 no more than two or so years ago. Before that I recall her doing a doc on BBC3 where she tried to get down to size zero, Super Slim Me.

Agree with those who preferred Dawn. Much warmer and a better presenter.

Dawn may be warm but her casual docs where she does something for a bit then feels compelled to give us her judgement are a waste of time. Super Slim Me was the stupidest piece of TV I had seen in a long time.

It's not Dawn her self per se just the idea that shallow documentaries seems to be the next port of call for celebrity seekers after reality tv.