Random stuff that shouldn't annoy you but does...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
Forum Member
1. The retort "well don't watch it then!" when having a discussion (usually on forums) about a tv programme/episode of something I haven't really enjoyed. Or "well what would you have written?" when making a complaint about the script.

2. The names Ellie-Mae, Jayden and Alfie.

3. People who keep chickens as pets. (Seems to be the trendy thing to do at the moment amongst the Boden-type Mums)

4. When young, 'hip and trendy' city couples move to the countryside thinking that it's gonna be like something from The Good Life, then act like the big "I Am" just because they've got a few chickens and a vegetable patch.

5. When couples like the ones mentioned in the previous point give their children really pretentious names, just for it to be something else they can show off about.

6. 'Posh' scousers.

7. This emoticon >> :rolleyes:

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    3. People who keep chickens as pets. (Seems to be the trendy thing to do at the moment amongst the Boden-type Mums)

4. When young, 'hip and trendy' city couples move to the countryside thinking that it's gonna be like something from The Good Life, then act like the big "I Am" just because they've got a few chickens and a vegetable patch.

I'm guessing you don't like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and his programmes then?
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ben fogle
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People
  • Fred SplungeFred Splunge Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broken bars of chocolate. I cannot buy a broken bar of chocolate, it's just wrong, so I am the grumpy customer who rummages through the whole box to find the unbroken one.

Yes, I know the first thing I do is break bits off to eat it, but even then it irritates me if the bar breaks further down when I snap a chunk off.

Lame, but that's just my little 'thing'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing you don't like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and his programmes then?

I'm not 100% sure who is but if he's like points 3 and 4 then probably not.

It's ***** like that Alex James I hate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure who is but if he's like points 3 and 4 then probably not.

TV chef/farmer, encourages people to grow their own veg, keep livestock and buy organic free-range stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    ben fogle

Aw but he's lurvly :p

For me it's Jeremey Clarkson. The man hasn't actually done anything to annoy me, it's just that even hearing his voice makes me want to punch the telly. I've banned Top Gear from the house when I'm around :o.
    Forum Member
    TV chef/farmer, encourages people to grow their own veg, keep livestock and buy organic free-range stuff.

I've just googled him. I know who he is now. He doesn't seem as bad as the others because he is an actual chef so there would be some real benefits to him moving to the country to grow vegetables etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Jamie Oliver, but only since that TV programme where he started swearing every other word. So far as I know, he's managed to restrain himself since, so why did he do it?

Did he think that's the way people in the north always speak?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who call Coronation St, 'Corrie'. I don't even watch it myself, but it annoys me to hear the word for some strange reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broken bars of chocolate. I cannot buy a broken bar of chocolate, it's just wrong, so I am the grumpy customer who rummages through the whole box to find the unbroken one.

Same. I hate buying broken chocolate it just don't feel right.
    Forum Member
    Jamie Oliver, but only since that TV programme where he started swearing every other word. So far as I know, he's managed to restrain himself since, so why did he do it?

Did he think that's the way people in the north always speak?

Maybe it's because he was pissing everyone off beating us all around the head constantly with the school dinners thing and thought that if he was more like Gordon Ramsay then he'd get more popular again?
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    Jay Kay from Jamiroquai. The voice, the hats, the attitude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Katie Price
    Kerry Katona
    People who say or type "should of.." instead of "should have.." bloody cretins.
    Jamie Oliver
    Georgia Taylor's character of Dr Ruth Winters on Casualty.
    Car drivers who pile all the snow from their driveways onto the pavement, thereby forcing us pedestrians to either climb over four feet of snow, or walk on the road where the very same car drivers will then moan and whine about us walking on their road.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

7. This emoticon >> :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings on this. There are times when I am on forums (not just this one) where I read something so ridiculously stupid, that the temptation to post a :rolleyes: is not only tempting, but the perfect way to express just how incredulous the comments are.

That said, I do get a bit annoyed when people use it in situations where the comments are perfectly reasoned, but they just don't agree and rather than debate the point with equal reason, they resort to using this emoticon.

In this scenario, it's like the online equivalent of saying ' Talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening', which is an equally deplorable phrase/act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh God I agree with that! It really grates my tits!
  • Fred SplungeFred Splunge Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same. I hate buying broken chocolate it just don't feel right.

Yay! I've finally found someone who understands. :D
    Katie Price
    Kerry Katona
    Jamie Oliver
    Car drivers who pile all the snow from their driveways onto the pavement, thereby forcing us pedestrians to either climb over four feet of snow, or walk on the road where the very same car drivers will then moan and whine about us walking on their road.

Yep, the snow one really rankles. There's a chap out on my road right now (yep great choice of timing, wait till it's freezing again and even harder to shift), finally shovelling some away from his drive, and in such a considerate manner piling it up across the footpath that runs to the next road. Plank. Can't really grumble though, he never normally lifts a finger to help with the snow.

Can honestly say today was the worst day of the weather so far for me. The walk to and from school with my boys was horrendous. My youngest is probably traumatised for life.
  • kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Katie Price
    Kerry Katona

Jamie Oliver

As above and the following
    People who go over traffic lights when they are red
    Crumbs left in the butter
    Text speak in conversations
    Jim Davidson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    People who 'hover'. My son does it, he'll walk into the room quietly and just stand there behind me, hovering. Its a trait he got from his dad, it drives me crazy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    kim1994 wrote: »
    [/B]
    As above and the following
    People who go over traffic lights when they are red
    Crumbs left in the butter
    Text speak in conversations
    Jim Davidson

Oh god yes, especially crumbs in the butter. Thankfully one of the good things about splitting up with the girlfriend is that this no longer happens. Miss the sex though :)
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when people say 'Spag bol' instead of spaghetti bolognese!
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings on this. There are times when I am on forums (not just this one) where I read something so ridiculously stupid, that the temptation to post a :rolleyes: is not only tempting, but the perfect way to express just how incredulous the comments are.

That said, I do get a bit annoyed when people use it in situations where the comments are perfectly reasoned, but they just don't agree and rather than debate the point with equal reason, they resort to using this emoticon.

In this scenario, it's like the online equivalent of saying ' Talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening', which is an equally deplorable phrase/act.

I agree. It has its uses, but those who use it at the drop of a hat may as well write "I can't come up with a constructive reply, so I'll just belittle you and make myself look like a knob."

People who think having a relationship is a necessity. They come across as feeble and needy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sporty people, this irational annoyance even extends to sporty kids. Sorry they just bug me.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People saying "lasagna" instead of lasagne. If its spelt like Lasagne say it that way, there's no a at the end. I know it shouldn't annoy me, but my Italian assistant used to rant on end about it, (she worked part time in a restaurant) and now all of us in that class always rant at others. :o

Oh and people that put make up on while on the bus.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that think Justine Bieber jokes on youtube are funny.
    I would not even know who he was if it wasn't for them.