Back To Camelot: Merlin Series 1 discussion thread (beginning Saturday 5th January)

1175176177178179181»

Comments

• Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    Good grief, we did cover an awful lot of ground, didn't we? But not as much as Avi8 :)

Does anyone know if she's competing this afternoon? ;)

RIP Series 1 thread :cry:

Competing this afternoon? A steed as noble as me? You have got to be kidding! On this beautiful spring afternoon (sorry Viola, the sun has finally arrived) Prince Arthur is taking me out for a little jaunt in the woods. Later, I will be rolling in hay. :D

I feel a little bit sad though. If the thread is abandoned, what happens to it? Does DS delete it eventually, or will those golden moments described by Natarhi forever be there for us to flick through when our arthritic old fingers allow us access?

BTW, I finally watched ep 12 and 13 yesterday. Ep 12 was interesting only in that I have hardly ever watched the 2nd half (I usually stop watching after Arthur's last scene) so I had genuinely forgotten what was said and exactly what happened. Ep 13 is a favourite though. I love the Merlin/Gaius relationship in that one. But no-one cares what I think about S1 anymore :cry:. This thread is at an end. :cry:

I must try to keep up with everyone during S2. Does anyone know what time it starts tonight? It doesn't clash with Dr Who does it? Cos if it does, I will immediately get behind as my family watch DW.
    star89 wrote: »
    Ok the hut... http://www.clearwellcaves.com/cafe.html the cafe in that photo ^^ did you go there? Well if you stand in the outdoor seating area facing the cafe.. you go right up the hill and at the top theres a large carpark.. well before you get to the carpark.. around halfway up the hill between the cafe and the carpark theres a pathway going across the hill.. if you take a right on that path and then keep going.. then take the right fork to the path and enter a field the hut is then in the back left hand corner of the field :)

Oh poo. Yes, that was the cafe I meant. We sat and ate our lunch probably exactly where the second photo was taken, at a picnic table. And yes, we parked in the car park and went up the path you mention to get to the car. Had I but known....:mad::mad:
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avi8 wrote: »
    I must try to keep up with everyone during S2. Does anyone know what time it starts tonight? It doesn't clash with Dr Who does it? Cos if it does, I will immediately get behind as my family watch DW.

It's on at 7pm immediately after Doctor Who

Shame you're not competing, I was going to put some money on a feisty mare like you ;)
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh poo. Yes, that was the cafe I meant. We sat and ate our lunch probably exactly where the second photo was taken, at a picnic table. And yes, we parked in the car park and went up the path you mention to get to the car. Had I but known....:mad::mad:

Oh how annoying :( It's not that special the inside was mostly a set in studio but annoying you were that close without knowing.

Shame you're not competing, I was going to put some money on a feisty mare like you ;)

Afternoon lovely :D

Wheres my ruddy story!!! you had me all excited last night and I still havn't recieved it :(

(omg I'm getting as bad as Keren :o)
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great, that is what I hoped, but you never know with the BBC.

Arthur wouldn't want to risk a feisty mare like me in such a dangerous race.
    Oh how annoying :( It's not that special the inside was mostly a set in studio but annoying you were that close without knowing.

Oh yes, I guess it isn't that special. But we were sitting there, dossing around, you know, and if I had known how close it was, it would have been worth a nosey...

Just told my daughter and she said we will have to go back. TBH, it is close enough. I might mosey back one day in the summer....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon lovely :D

Wheres my ruddy story!!! you had me all excited last night and I still havn't recieved it :(

(omg I'm getting as bad as Keren :o)

Afternoon starry one!

Am writing it as we speak (even though I really should be cleaning the bathroom or doing SOMETHING useful)

I decided to backfill a bit because . . . well, you'll see ;) So didn't want to send you the later bit until I'd written this bit

At the moment he's still in his boxer shorts in your bedroom, so must press on . . . :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon starry one!

Am writing it as we speak (even though I really should be cleaning the bathroom or doing SOMETHING useful)

I decided to backfill a bit because . . . well, you'll see ;) So didn't want to send you the later bit until I'd written this bit

At the moment he's still in his boxer shorts in your bedroom, so must press on . . . :)

We most certainly must press on.. In his boxer shorts :eek: we can't be having that can we ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We most certainly must press on.. In his boxer shorts :eek: we can't be having that can we ;):p

Problem resolved ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem resolved ;)

Well where the ruddy hell is it?

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    In Cardiff
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestfawr

And then Wenallt woods is very close and they use that alot too http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.asp?nav=2870,3139,3158,3964&parent_directory_id=2865&id=545

Ok the hut... http://www.clearwellcaves.com/cafe.html the cafe in that photo ^^ did you go there? Well if you stand in the outdoor seating area facing the cafe.. you go right up the hill and at the top theres a large carpark.. well before you get to the carpark.. around halfway up the hill between the cafe and the carpark theres a pathway going across the hill.. if you take a right on that path and then keep going.. then take the right fork to the path and enter a field the hut is then in the back left hand corner of the field :)

Yes! We saw the hut by clearwell caves! Thanks to your PM about it, I saved it to my iphone and checked it while we were there! Next time, the forest....
    Competing this afternoon? A steed as noble as me? You have got to be kidding! On this beautiful spring afternoon (sorry Viola, the sun has finally arrived) Prince Arthur is taking me out for a little jaunt in the woods. Later, I will be rolling in hay. :D

I feel a little bit sad though. If the thread is abandoned, what happens to it? Does DS delete it eventually, or will those golden moments described by Natarhi forever be there for us to flick through when our arthritic old fingers allow us access?

BTW, I finally watched ep 12 and 13 yesterday. Ep 12 was interesting only in that I have hardly ever watched the 2nd half (I usually stop watching after Arthur's last scene) so I had genuinely forgotten what was said and exactly what happened. Ep 13 is a favourite though. I love the Merlin/Gaius relationship in that one. But no-one cares what I think about S1 anymore :cry:. This thread is at an end. :cry:

No sun here in Germany! :mad::mad::mad:
    I hope the thread lives on!
    At least you are nearby, an excuse to go there again! We had lunch in the Cafe, too! The tomato soup was quite nice.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does DS delete it eventually, or will those golden moments described by Natarhi forever be there for us to flick through when our arthritic old fingers allow us access?

No, they don't usually delete threads so it should remain here. Things only go missing usually when they have a move around like they did with the Cult v US TV forums and a lot of those threads were lost.
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have conveniently arranged them not to clash. ;) It's going to be a good evening. :D
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm very bemused by this scone discussion. Do people really have a preference? :confused: Not that I've eaten scones for years but as long as they end up in my stomach I'm happy, just bung it all on in whatever order you want. Clearly I'm not civilised, don't ever take me out for cream tea. :D

So long BRCoS and Arthur's chest hair, I'll miss you. :(:cry: Your memory will live on in my story.
  • HorizonHorizon Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having rewatched all of the 1st series again, I am reminded just how good it was.

When I watching all the youtube stuff about Merlin at the beginning of this year, I was buying into the cast's comments that the series got much better as time went on. But I really think that the 1st series was the best, still optimistic unlike the dark, depressing 4th and particularly 5th series.

Favourite eps are the first one and especially the scene when Arthur and Merlin first meet and also the ep with Mordred in it. The ending of that ep was spine chilling, shame they didn't keep that creepy kid for the entire run of Merlin.