JFK: Secret Service Agent's 'mistake.'

Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any comments on the Channel 5 show this week that alleged, (via an Australian retired detective and a U.S. ballistics expert),
that a Secret Service agent in the car behind JFK's in the motorcade picked up an AR15 rifle from the floor of the car when he heard "Oswald's shots?"
It was alleged that the car he was in accelerated to catch up with JFK's car, and he was knocked off balance after flipping the safety off.
This resulted in him, (allegedly), accidentally firing the shot which killed Kennedy.
There were all kinds of allegations about cover ups, from the Secret Service, the FBI etc., right down to the doctor
who removed Kennedy's brain and was then ordered to hand it over to RFK's office.
Texas law decrees that an autopsy must be carried out in the event of mysterious death, BEFORE the body can leave the state.
According to the show, Secret Servicemen showed their handguns to the medical staff who tried to prevent them taking JFK's body
back to DC, then on to Bethesda Hospital, and said, "Move or we'll go right over you."
Can the plot thicken even more?

Comments

• La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the programme made a very good case. No doubt the witnesses from the autopsy room were leaned on to keep their mouths shut about the sheer chaos in there. I couldn't believe the amount of people milling about in what should've been a private procedure. :eek:

The most damning evidence was that the group of secret servicemen went to a strip joint till 5 am and then got up at 7 to start work accompanying the President on the motorcade, and the guy who actually shot him (by accident) was the least qualified with firearms - he was more a car organizer - but as he didn't go clubbing till 5am, was the most alert! Un-Be-Lieve-able! :eek:

There's no doubt the way the secret service disposed of documents before the enquiry and made the doctor remove Kennedy's brain on the pretence that Robert Kennedy "requested it" is quite shocking, and then threaten the people if they didn't co-operate. Whether or not JFK would've survived after the 2 gunshots to the body from Oswald, who knows? But no doubt that 3rd shot to the head killed him off stone dead. Scandalous and deeply disturbing. :(
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a superb programme. Can't say any more than has been said above.

I was intrigued to see that the forensic evidence on the autopsy report didn't make sense when looked at properly - ie. one bullet wound in Kennedy's body was 6mm across and the investigator immediately proved that the bullets fired from Oswald's gun were larger than 6mm across and simply would not fit into the bullet hole left in the body.

Fascinating programme. One of the best I've ever seen re the Kennedy assassination.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed this :mad: I thought it was going to be on next week, hope they repeat it.

I can clearly remember the day he was shot, can't believe it's 50 years ago :eek:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A well told story. The telling fact is that Hickey died in 2011.
    This is quite interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hickey
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    was a bit of a jfk buff when I was younger and enjoyed this

whether its true or not we will obviously never know but I think things like this throw enough doubt up to suggest there was more than just the LHO aspect

the thing that wasn't mentioned that I would have liked was an opinion on whether that third shot assuming it did come from the secret service agent was the "killshot" or whether he would have died anyway from the one that hit him in the neck which I suspect might have been the case

it might have actually calmed down all the conspiracy theories a little if they had admitted someone screwed up and accidentally fired a shot like that but could show he was already dead anyway but that would obviously have put a lot of careers in jeopardy in the secret service
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »

I was intrigued to see that the forensic evidence on the autopsy report didn't make sense when looked at properly - ie. one bullet wound in Kennedy's body was 6mm across and the investigator immediately proved that the bullets fired from Oswald's gun were larger than 6mm across and simply would not fit into the bullet hole left in the body.

Fascinating programme. One of the best I've ever seen re the Kennedy assassination.
    Agree. I thought it was just going to be a re-hash of old conspiracy theories we'd seen and heard before, but it wasn't.

It seems Kennedy could have survived the shot which entered his neck......had it not been for third and fatal shot from an entirely different weapon using a frangible round, something which I would not have considered a suitable choice for protective use. Whatever really did occur has now gone to the grave as the Agent concerned died in 2005.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Agree. I thought it was just going to be a re-hash of old conspiracy theories we'd seen and heard before, but it wasn't.

It seems Kennedy could have survived the shot which entered his neck......had it not been for third and fatal shot from an entirely different weapon using a frangible round, something which I would not have considered a suitable choice for protective use. Whatever really did occur has now gone to the grave as the Agent concerned died in 2005.

According to Wiki, though they ain't always right, George Hickey died in 2011.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    the thing that wasn't mentioned that I would have liked was an opinion on whether that third shot assuming it did come from the secret service agent was the "killshot" or whether he would have died anyway from the one that hit him in the neck which I suspect might have been the case.
    The round which went through his neck, presumably from Oswald rifle, could have been survivable but note 'could' and not 'would'! The third shot effectively blew a large part of Kennedy's skull away and there would have been serious brain damage at the very least. For anyone to survive that would be nothing short of a miracle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The round which went through his neck, presumably from Oswald rifle, could have been survivable but note 'could' and not 'would'! The third shot effectively blew a large part of Kennedy's skull away and there would have been serious brain damage at the very least. For anyone to survive that would be nothing short of a miracle.

I the film footage of the shooting, doesn't Jackie lean right back over the back to retrieve part of his brain?

From what we saw of the head wound, with a huge part of the skull missing and what was left of the brain matter exposed. I'd have thought he'd have been dead instantly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Wiki, though they ain't always right, George Hickey died in 2011.
    You can have him dead any year you choose in Wiki......just log in and change it to a year of your own choosing! That's where Wiki falls down.
    I the film footage of the shooting, doesn't Jackie lean right back over the back to retrieve part of his brain?

From what we saw of the head wound, with a huge part of the skull missing and what was left of the brain matter exposed. I'd have thought he'd have been dead instantly.
    He more than likely was dead at that point. Not sure if she was leaning back over the car for that reason or simply panic struck and screaming for help from the Agents. Given the circumstances i'd suspect the latter rather than thinking, "oh there's a bit of my husbands brain....i'll just pick that up in case anyone needs it later on".
    Forum Member

yeah wasn't suggesting he could possibly have survived the third shot , just wondering whether he could have survived if the third shot hadn't happened
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can have him dead any year you choose in Wiki......just log in and change it to a year of your own choosing! That's where Wiki falls down.

Not to labour this point, but the first other article I found, confirms it was 2011. So I think on this occasion Wiki was right.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/aussie-out-to-show-secret-service-blunder-was-to-blame/story-fni0ffyu-1226746269731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah wasn't suggesting he could possibly have survived the third shot , just wondering whether he could have survived if the third shot hadn't happened
    Possibly.........but only that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to labour this point, but the first other article I found, confirms it was 2011. So I think on this occasion Wiki was right.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/aussie-out-to-show-secret-service-blunder-was-to-blame/story-fni0ffyu-1226746269731
    Write in to Ch5 and tell them they got it wrong then. ;)
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »

This 'investigator' clearly didn't know much about human tissue. The thing almost everyone notices is that soft tissue is quite elastic and stretches. It's what stops our skin tearing when we move.;) If the rest of the programme was up to this standard, then at least Ch5's standards are consistent.

This story about the fatal shot coming from a secret serviceman's weapon has been doing the rounds for a few years now. It's one of the more ludicrous of the various conspiracy theories and has been debunked quite easily. Nice of them to wait until Hickey 's death before broadcasting it...
    Forum Member
    This 'investigator' clearly didn't know much about human tissue. The thing almost everyone notices is that soft tissue is quite elastic and stretches. It's what stops our skin tearing when we move.;) If the rest of the programme was up to this standard, then at least Ch5's standards are consistent.

This story about the fatal shot coming from a secret serviceman's weapon has been doing the rounds for a few years now. It's one of the more ludicrous of the various conspiracy theories and has been debunked quite easily. Nice of them to wait until Hickey 's death before broadcasting it...

it was the size of the hole in his skull that was used for the measurement not in his tissue
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But this source here claims it was 2005:

• stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Though there were NO witnesses who saw the agent shooting, only a handful who saw him, eventually, holding a gun. The smell of gunpowder was interesting, and I found it odd that they programme didn't once mention the grassy knoll.
  • Virtual PaulVirtual Paul Posts: 4,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the programme and first I've heard that the fatal head shot may have accidentally come from a secret service agent. The programme was pretty convincing.

Just seems incredible that an accidental firing of a weapon has the bullet going in the worst possible place (Kennedy's head).

Surely there are others who may have been involved in a cover up that are still around and have some questions to answer? So not like it couldn't be settled once and for all.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    it was the size of the hole in his skull that was used for the measurement not in his tissue

OK. Thanks. I assumed the reference was to the first bullet wound. Maybe I'll watch the programme although I have difficulty in believing that something as simple as that was overlooked at the time.;)

Edit: The HSCA's panel of eminent pathologists, who re-examined the autospy evidence had the following to say about the entry wound:
    This wound is located considerably above the occipital protuberance, slightly to the right of the midline, and approximately 13 centimeters above the most prominent neck crease. It has a maximum vertical diameter in the photograph of approximately 1.5 to 2 centimeters, and maximum transverse diameter of approximately 0.9 centimeter.

So 9mm and not 6mm - easily large enough to accommodate a 6.5mm bullet. Of course, the 'investigator' could be right and a team of experienced pathologists wrong, eh?:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Are there any more JFK assassination docs planned on being aired?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob1878 wrote: »
    There's one tonight on ITV at 10:35 I believe.
    Forum Member
    OK. Thanks. I assumed the reference was to the first bullet wound. Maybe I'll watch the programme although I have difficulty in believing that something as simple as that was overlooked at the time.;)

Edit: The HSCA's panel of eminent pathologists, who re-examined the autospy evidence had the following to say about the entry wound:

So 9mm and not 6mm - easily large enough to accommodate a 6.5mm bullet. Of course, the 'investigator' could be right and a team of experienced pathologists wrong, eh?:rolleyes:

from what they said on the programme he was using copies from the autopsy when he did his analysis so not sure how that sort of discrepancy was made

I do agree it seems unlikely that something like that could have been missed but also on the programme there were suggestions that the medical staff involved in the autopsy were put under extreme pressure to say what the "authorities" wanted them to say

there was also the issue with the wound type which was inconsistent with the ammo used by LHO , as well as issues with the trajectory of the bullet that caused the head wound

not saying it was a shot from the secret service agent but it certainly raised a lot of doubts about whether that third shot came from LHO or not I thought
    Forum Member
    Rob1878 wrote: »

nat geo has been running programmes all week around 8pm I think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the programme. Was one of the more plausible versions of events I've heard.