Is Mark doing jive dressed as Edna Turnblad?

strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all :) Just wondering does anyone know if Mark is performing as Edna Turnblad lol at Blackpool? :D:D

If you're on twitter could someone please tweet him ;);)

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will ask but I don't think he will say at this stage & last week they kept him under wraps
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Who is Edna Turnblad?:confused:
  • strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jan :)
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if he does, it'll be the first all female couple dancing on Strictly! Groundbreaking!!!!! :D

Israeli DWTS eat your heart out! :p
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mother figure from musical Hairspray, part is usually played by a man (including John Travolta and at some time, Mark Benton)
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Mark were Edna then Ivetta could be Mr Turnblad who runs the joke shop. She could have a flower that squirts water attached to her lapel and choreograph a squirt or two the judges way ... preferably into Len's eyes :p
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all :) Just wondering does anyone know if Mark is performing as Edna Turnblad lol at Blackpool? :D:D

If you're on twitter could someone please tweet him ;);)

Thanks in advance :)

Oh please not. He needs to get to dancing properly - which he has proved he can do. All the silly dressing up is doing him no favours.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'd just like to have one routine in which Mark isn't the producer's dressing up doll. Note how his best-scoring dance was in a suit and tails, not when he was in fancy dress as MC Hammer/a spaceman/Mini Me/a fat lady.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Oh please not. He needs to get to dancing properly - which he has proved he can do. All the silly dressing up is doing him no favours.
    I'd just like to have one routine in which Mark isn't the producer's dressing up doll. Note how his best-scoring dance was in a suit and tails, not when he was in fancy dress as MC Hammer/a spaceman/Mini Me/a fat lady.
    Unless Mark and Iveta feel this is his swansong and decide to go all out. After all, a jive for a man with knee problems means he's probably going to have problems with this routine. Plus, after his rant last week, I wouldn't put it past Len to score him harshly out of pique, so the chances are he's going to find himself in the bottom two and if he is, there's a fair chance he'll be out.

It would be good to see him not be dressed as Edna Turnblad but I don't hold out enormous hope for that.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Unless Mark and Iveta feel this is his swansong and decide to go all out. After all, a jive for a man with knee problems means he's probably going to have problems with this routine. Plus, after his rant last week, I wouldn't put it past Len to score him harshly out of pique, so the chances are he's going to find himself in the bottom two and if he is, there's a fair chance he'll be out.

It would be good to see him not be dressed as Edna Turnblad but I don't hold out enormous hope for that.

If he is in the bottom 2 he will almost certainly be out as he is the weakest dancer left - actually thought he had a lucky escape last week, as bad though Dave was, he did more dancing than Mark last week.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    If Mark were Edna then Ivetta could be Mr Turnblad who runs the joke shop. She could have a flower that squirts water attached to her lapel and choreograph a squirt or two the judges way ... preferably into Len's eyes :p

:D

I was thinking a hand jive finishing with a flourish with Mark and Iveta giving Len the finger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was thinking a hand jive finishing with a flourish with Mark and Iveta giving Len the finger.

Inspired choreography!
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I've mixed feelings about this. I can see that dressing up in drag would be a first for the show and make a big impact and if he doesn't there is a danger people will feel: 'You can't stop the beat AGAIN?' Without it he's going to suffer from the comparison to other jives more.

But I agree that I'd like to see him looking like him. I think his face was lost in that Bond villain get-up and I love his face. Plus it's going to be exhausting enough for him to do a jive under the lights without him wearing extra padding.

He's almost certainly going home whatever happens. I would really like him to have another good dance. If he has to do another dance off, can it please God be a dance I would like to watch again. And whatever they do, I'd like it to be Iveta and his choice, not the producers. I'd like him to be sitting on the sofa on Monday, if he has to be, saying, 'Well I loved it,' not 'You do the best you can with what you're given.'
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have tweeted him. He does reply to people but I doubt he will tell us this, but you never know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is, at least Craig might tell him he's 'Divine'.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is, at least Craig might tell him he's 'Divine'.

:D Let's hope neither he nor Ivetta are called hair hoppers. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Let's hope neither he nor Ivetta are called hair hoppers. :p

Is it too much to ask that Iveta has the Debbie Harry car show hair do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it too much to ask that Iveta has the Debbie Harry car show hair do?
    Not at all! it would be most apt as Iveta could plant her bomb on Len. :D
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is just about his only chance of staying in , so sadly I hope he does as I really want him to stay and then do dances where he sheos he can dance rather than being dressed in silly costumes each week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want to see him do another lovely traditional ballroom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all! it would be most apt as Iveta could plant her bomb on Len. :D

Imagine how cross Bruce would be!
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I just want to see him do another lovely traditional ballroom.

I agree.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Mark does dress up as Edna then got to give him props he is up for a laugh. Might even vote for him even if he is one of the worst
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine how cross Bruce would be!
    With any luck it might take Bruce out with Len ... One can dream ... :p

Provided it doesn't implode, that's all that matters.