Is Ray Cocky?

camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do we think, Is Ray as cocky as he is made out or do you just think he is confident and enthusiastic in what he does?

Comments

• nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen several people on these boards say that he is - he doesn't come across that way to me. Like most insults that get directed towards celebs appearing in these sort of shows, it is just something that supporters of other celebs make out to try to add weight to their own cause.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I don't think he is. When he's performing, he's acting a part. As himself, he seems quite nice. I certainly don't think he's the cockiest of the current contestants - not by a long way.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    If i had to pick i would say very confident rather than cocky which to be fair if i was as good as he is then i would be confident about it as well.
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he is 'cocky' at all. He seems to work hard, obviously enjoys what he does and is 'chuffed to bits' when he gets a good score - and is put through by the public. He dosnt seem to take any of it for granted even though he must know when he has given a great performance.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Im another who doesn't find him cocky at all...

He's good, he knows he's good and is therefore very confident with some justification - but he's not arrogant or cocky as far as i am concerned. I'd rather see that confidence than the "fake" reactions of Hayley to her comments and marks.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Jordan of Strictly fame was on The Wright Stuff last week, and made the comment along the lines of some people misjudge confidence for arrogance (or cockiness). And this is very true.

Ray is confident - he trains really hard until he feels confident in what he is doing (whether skating or previously as a competitive dancer) - but arrogant and cocky? No, definitely not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find him cocky and arrogant at all! He always seems very appreciative of good comments, works very hard to give the best performance he can and just happens to be naturally gifted. He also makes a point of thanking Maria after each skate and saying how he could do nothing without her. He comes across to me as very polite and likeable .
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Is it not a standard response to anyone being confident and talented in Britain? Do we not automatically have to dislike Ray because he is the best in the competition? Is it not the same with Andy Murray? How many internet warriors were typing ANYONE BUT MURRAY when he was winning Wimbledon?

Rather than encourage people to be the very best they can be the UK would rather they be bland middle of the road non-entities.
  • cararosecararose Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    no i don't find him cocky he's just very good and confident with his skating hope he wins.:)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On XF Simon called him 'fearless', which I think describes him very well. I don't find him cocky, just enthusiastic (and a perfectionist) :)
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Ray is perfect.
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a bit cocky, but that's one of the reasons he's as good as he is.
  • jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him as annoying as Bonnie Langford.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Im another who doesn't find him cocky at all...

He's good, he knows he's good and is therefore very confident with some justification - but he's not arrogant or cocky as far as i am concerned. I'd rather see that confidence than the "fake" reactions of Hayley to her comments and marks.

I was expecting Hayley's name to pop up somewhere in this discussion. Do not understand how her reactions to good marks are any different to Ray's personally.

I think he does come across as very confident and this can sometimes border on arrogance but why shouldn't he be confident? I know this isn't the most attractive feature to everyone but he is the best skater there
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he projects a confident performing persona, how confident he is BEHIND that I don't know.
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray is perfect.
    This,:)
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't give a stuff. His skating performances are twenty times as good as anyone else's.
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I couldnt care less what his personality is - he is a fabulous novice skater and that's what I love to see. He and Maria are a joy to watch.

Aside from that - he doesnt come across as cocky to me.
    He comes over on the tv screen as someone who wants to always do his very best, is confident in what he does - fearless - and full of enthusiasm and loving every minute of everything he does.

Good luck to him - if there is any justice he will win as he is by far the best the show has ever seen. :)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray is the total package - talented, hardworking and professional. Each time he performs he knows he is well prepared and has given 100% in training and practise. Does that make him cocky? No - but confident - yes; safe in the knowledge that his performance will be the best it can be.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Amber505 wrote: »
    I was expecting Hayley's name to pop up somewhere in this discussion. Do not understand how her reactions to good marks are any different to Ray's personally.

I think he does come across as very confident and this can sometimes border on arrogance but why shouldn't he be confident? I know this isn't the most attractive feature to everyone but he is the best skater there

I like Ray, he is very talented, works hard and appreciate his success. Nothing wrong with that. I think with Hayley, she is typical of the stage school system with the Jazz hands and happy, happy smile which does get on the nerves! I am sure she is a lovely person but it is her desperate happiness that grates. I would like her to be REAL rather than sparkle Hayley, always on!!!!
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He performs confident nothing wrong with that. Its just his facial expressions and gestures that come across arrogant and cocky when the judges are giving their marks etc.

Also I hate the fact that when they are waiting to be called out as safe he is the only one to shout out Yes and make a song and dance of it when his name is called. No thought of the others waiting to get eliminated and as if the judges would not send him through anyway.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find him cocky. just confident and professional. I really like him. He's the celebrity I am most looking forward to on the tour :)
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    lady*tara wrote: »
    This,:)

Hello you, you OK?
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In his VT for last week he got four 10's. What does he say. ' that wasn't bad' like anyone else even gets that. Just cocky cos he knows he will get the scores.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    He is not cocky Hayley is.