Can Liverpool still win the league now?

lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well this is my first and probably only thread in ye football forum :p I don't watch soccer(unless it's a really big game and I don't know anything about divisions/rules so don't know how it works really tbh) :p I don't support a team but over the past few week I have heard that Liverpool really deserve to win the league. But now it seems it all depends on Man City? So do you think it's likely Man City will lose/draw today? Speaking from an outsider's opinion I'd love if Liverpool did it so do you think it's possible? :)

Comments

• jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If city drop points and Liverpool win their last two games. Yes.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately yes they can still win it but they need to win their last two games and hope that man city and Chelsea lose all theirs!
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they can still win it
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a lfc fan I dont think so unless we hammer palace and Newcastle without conceding
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately yes they can still win it but they need to win their last two games and hope that man city and Chelsea lose all theirs!

As long as we win the next two Chelsea have no chance
  • FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    i dont watch soccer either, i prefer football
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where you get that nonsense from?
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they can. Big difference is its now out of their hands.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This defeat will cause scars which will haunt Liverpool and Gerrard for years to come. This was THE chance to end the title wait and Liverpool didn't take it.

With the added pressure of CL football and a resurgent United, mounting a title challenge will be much more difficult next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What have Chelsea to do with it? Can't finish higher than Liverpool if Liverpool win their last two games.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Of course they can. Big difference is its now out of their hands.

No it's not. City still have to win today and their game in hand
  • jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,713
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    No it's not. City still have to win today and their game in hand

.??

I think that's what's meant by it being out of the hands ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man City are already winning today at Palace plus will Everton want to do Liverpool a favour against City I doubt it. They'll still obviously try, but they won't be upping the gears.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    Liverpool can still win the league, all depends on today's game at Crystal Palace for City and there away trip to Goodison, any drop points there which is certainly possible and Liverpool will win the league.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back in 2009, Liverpool had the fewest league defeats by a team which failed to win the title, now the unwanted record of most goals scored by a team who failed to win the title.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Everton still have 4th place to fight for so they won't be taking their foot off the gas. Either way, it's shaping up to the best finish to a PL title for the neutral.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still completely in Liverpool's hands just have to make up the goal difference in 2 games, highly unlikely yes but not impossible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Everton still have 4th place to fight for so they won't be taking their foot off the gas. Either way, it's shaping up to the best finish to a PL title for the neutral.

Their chances of that pretty much went out of the window yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Liverpool can still win the league, all depends on today's game at Crystal Palace for City and there away trip to Goodison, any drop points there which is certainly possible and Liverpool will win the league.

So you say it's certainly possible that City will drop points today at Palace then also assume that Liverpool will win there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're still not gonna give Moyes a chance of finishing above them (it's still possible).
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member

I agree but whilst it's still mathematically possible then they won't throw in the towel.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we can still win it, as its not over yet, anything can happen, one game at a time as ive always said. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was the last time that Man City won at Everton?
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    So you say it's certainly possible that City will drop points today at Palace then also assume that Liverpool will win there.

Fair point, Liverpool could certainly drop points at Palace all depends on how today's defeat affects Liverpool and there confidence, just meant it is not a certainty that City will win all there games, to be honest the league could still end up at Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Ethiad.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're still not gonna give Moyes a chance of finishing above them (it's still possible).

What does Moyes have to do with anything? Or did he get made Spurs manager while no-one was looking?