John Barroman could be lossing his tartan side.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It look's like Torchwood actor John Barroman could be getting rid of his Scottish side for good.

Last night inside a interview for Welsh newpaper.

He said he love's hanging out with his friends from England and Wales and Ireland more than is unhappy drunken old boring Scottish friends.

Wow it looks like Torchwood has wen't too John's head.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its probably more like sharp thistles on his Tartan Ring!:o
  • mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spellcheck much?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure it should be a T
  • ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow...it's scary that someone can go through school and come out with spelling 'skills' like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    I am sure it should be a T

well if he needs some help...I'd be more than willing to assist:D:o;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr.ian wrote: »
    Spellcheck much?

get out much??
  • mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    get out much??

Plenty.
    Who rattled your cage?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Isn't it BarroWman??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr.ian wrote: »
    Plenty.
    Who rattled your cage?

spellcheck much?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazurka wrote: »
    Isn't it BarroWman??

Yeah, tis.
    If I said I prefered hanging round with my mate from Wigan, would I be losing my scouse side? :p:D
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's from Paisley isn't he? I wouldn't want to hang around there either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    As long as he doesn't show us what's in his tartans yet again, it's alright with me.
  • EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    He's from Paisley isn't he? I wouldn't want to hang around there either.

No - that's David Tennant, his Dad still lives there.

It's Glasgow John was originally from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mount Vernon in Glasgow

and I bet he did too!!!!!!!
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness for that. Maybe he'll stop doing a Lulu and putting on what he remembers his old accent to be, every time he crosses the border or is interviewed by a Scottish presenter. Those 2 and their ilk can remain total exiles for all I care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Airam wrote: »
    Thank goodness for that. Maybe he'll stop doing a Lulu and putting on what he remembers his old accent to be, every time he crosses the border or is interviewed by a Scottish presenter. Those 2 and their ilk can remain total exiles for all I care.

I disagree on the JB front. He moved to the US at an early age and developed an American accent so other kids could understand him and to fit in so now it's second nature to talk with that accent. When I go back to Scotland, or talk to my mum on the phone, from the sarf, I always talk more Scottish - most people do.

Lulu though - well, she just kind of invented an American accent for herself for no good reason. She could easily just talk in a Glaswegian accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he just needs to meet some young drunken Scottish friends?
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He moved to the US at an early age and developed an American accent so other kids could understand him and to fit in so now it's second nature to talk with that accent.

He taught himself to speak in an American accent because he was bullied for his natural Scottish one. It was a defense mechanism and it just stuck, and it's the same story for his sister too. He's said in interviews that he's a "Brit at heart" but that he found success as an American, so I can see why he's kept the American accent.

Isn't it a similar story for Gillian Anderson? She adopted an American accent as a defense mechanism and if you didn't know where she was from, you'd think she was really American.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Imogen M wrote: »
    He taught himself to speak in an American accent because he was bullied for his natural Scottish one. It was a defense mechanism and it just stuck, and it's the same story for his sister too. He's said in interviews that he's a "Brit at heart" but that he found success as an American, so I can see why he's kept the American accent.

Thanks for this. I couldn't really remember what he'd said but I knew there was a justifiable reason for him having adopted an American accent.

And I agree with you about keeping his accent. That was what I was trying to say.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    As long as he doesn't show us what's in his tartans yet again, it's alright with me.

I think most people have heard all about what's under there already. :eek:

Shy, he most certainly ain't. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I think most people have heard all about what's under there already. :eek:

Shy, he most certainly ain't. :p

Think quite a few have seen what's under there too. Bit of a flasher ol John boy! :eek::eek:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    windstone wrote: »
    Think quite a few have seen what's under there too. Bit of a flasher ol John boy! :eek::eek:

Whipping up his kilt must be some kind of initiation ceremony for his co-stars. :eek::D
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Karl Rove wrote: »
    He said he love's hanging out with his friends from England and Wales and Ireland more than is unhappy drunken old boring Scottish friends.

Maybe, he needs to find friends, outside the pub?

There are people, everywhere, all around, kicking kilts and cattle rustling, in Scotland y'know :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Whipping up his kilt must be some kind of initiation ceremony for his co-stars. :eek::D

He seems to like waving it around doesnt he.:D
  • abs2512againabs2512again Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this. I couldn't really remember what he'd said but I knew there was a justifiable reason for him having adopted an American accent.

And I agree with you about keeping his accent. That was what I was trying to say.

Laurie Brett (sp of her second name) Who plays Jne Beale in Eastenders is also Scottish and comes from Hamilton. But she speaks in a fantastic English Accent. She even does it in interviews.
    I suppose if it gets you the work whats the harm?