Options

Claude the Pussycat...

BelligerentBossBelligerentBoss Posts: 777
Forum Member
✭✭
I think we're seeing the real Claude in this series, much better than the one we have got to know at the interview stage. I'm sure he's a great bloke to work for in fact.

Comments

• Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member
    His "Where do you think you're going?" to Charleine alone justified his presence this season. So funny.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I was also suprised he allowed the team into talking him into ringing the parents. I'd of said "no it's your problem, solve it or loose the task"

Another sign that the shows not a real life representation of business. In the real world, you'd of lost the client.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But him only being able to pass a message to the parents of where the event was happening was probably to allow the filming to carry on as otherwise you'd of had one team doing the event and the other just asking the driver to take them to the greasy spoon of doom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ and the problem is
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was also suprised he allowed the team into talking him into ringing the parents. I'd of said "no it's your problem, solve it or loose the task"

Yeah, ruin a kids birthday party why don't you, by not telling them where it is (let the contestants ruin it themselves by making it rubbish)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ you really think A; it was a real party, and B: they'd not have a contingency plan in place. It's meant to be "real life" tasks, not getting "bailed out, when you make basic mistakes".

I'd even hazard a guess the parents and children were actors, or at least "extras", the Children didn't look particularly friendly to one and other, and the parents were so so too.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like the nut allergy, if there was even the slightest chance of some woman dying the BBC's lawyers would of dropped down like it was a few trillion tonnes of bricks, its like the guy doing the tree climbing i'm sure he was so h&s splurtive due to the BBC being scared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This episode seemed so scripted from start to finish, as if everything was set up.

It seems silly, that they are given a task, but have a book to work from and can only use the items in the book. Just go a buy a cake, it's not the Great Bake Off
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His "Where do you think you're going?" to Charleine alone justified his presence this season. So funny.

Haha I loved that bit as well. He delivered it like a teacher to a naughty pupil.
  • Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    It's like the nut allergy, if there was even the slightest chance of some woman dying the BBC's lawyers would of dropped down like it was a few trillion tonnes of bricks, its like the guy doing the tree climbing i'm sure he was so h&s splurtive due to the BBC being scared.

The climbing H&S spiel was probably due to David having trained in the United States.
  • Options
    dmwatdmwat Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure about Claude replacing Nick, but he's turned out to great. Just enough annoyed versus bemusement versus trying not to laugh at the candidates. Much better than Karren's constant scowling.

In the interviews because he's quite softly spoken he lulled them into a false sense of security, only to pounce and reduce them to quivering wrecks. There's no need for that in most of the advisers role - although he's still capable of it as we saw last night :D
    I was also suprised he allowed the team into talking him into ringing the parents.
    I would think that was either his idea or the production crews, otherwise we would have seen the team bickering over who gets to ask Claude for a favour and them asking him, rather than him just writing down the details. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the boardroom though.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmwat wrote: »
    I wasn't sure about Claude replacing Nick, but he's turned out to great. Just enough annoyed versus bemusement versus trying not to laugh at the candidates. Much better than Karren's constant scowling.

In the interviews because he's quite softly spoken he lulled them into a false sense of security, only to pounce and reduce them to quivering wrecks. There's no need for that in most of the advisers role - although he's still capable of it as we saw last night :D

I would think that was either his idea or the production crews, otherwise we would have seen the team bickering over who gets to ask Claude for a favour and them asking him, rather than him just writing down the details. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the boardroom though.

I thought it had :confused:
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claude has eased into the role effortlessly. However, Nick had the edge was with his fantastic facial expressions - which spoke volumes!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claude is the star of this series!
  • Options
    dmwatdmwat Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    I thought it had :confused:
    Not getting the contact details was, but I didn't hear anyone mention Claude contacting the family (very possible I missed it though).
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ you really think A; it was a real party, and B: they'd not have a contingency plan in place. It's meant to be "real life" tasks, not getting "bailed out, when you make basic mistakes".

I'd even hazard a guess the parents and children were actors, or at least "extras", the Children didn't look particularly friendly to one and other, and the parents were so so too.
    Yes I think they were real parties and no I don't think they were all extras. If it was all fake like that the whole show would be utterly pointless. It would also leak out. The BBC got into hot water over using actors as members of the public on talkshows like Vanessa. They wouldn't risk repeating that. There are clearly setups, mainly in terms of restricted options, but staging the whole thing makes no sense.

Not getting the contact number meant they couldn't upsell extras. That was punishment enough. It would be pointless not to let the party proceed at all because of one error.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bring back Nick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    Yes I think they were real parties and no I don't think they were all extras. If it was all fake like that the whole show would be utterly pointless. It would also leak out. The BBC got into hot water over using actors as members of the public on talkshows like Vanessa. They wouldn't risk repeating that. There are clearly setups, mainly in terms of restricted options, but staging the whole thing makes no sense.

Not getting the contact number meant they couldn't upsell extras. That was punishment enough. It would be pointless not to let the party proceed at all because of one error.

Hmm not convinced and surely they would of had to contact the client to tell them where the party was being held. And if we're going to say that they had a list of parties available at the first meet, how would they now they would be suitable, so there has got to be some scripting.

And the thing with the people being actors is quite possible and totally different from using them on a chat show. Think about it, on the selling tasks, the buyers don't actually buy the products. So the show is already "scripted" to a certain point.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm not convinced and surely they would of had to contact the client to tell them where the party was being held. And if we're going to say that they had a list of parties available at the first meet, how would they now they would be suitable, so there has got to be some scripting.
    You can be unconvinced without making the assumption that the whole thing is a totally contrived. That would make a mockery of the whole thing. Some setup is inevitable. The Apprentice is an artificial exercise, but like any training exercise will be put on as realistically as possible.

It's likely the two families were invited to take part in the show (after all the BBC don't sell party planning), but that doesn't mean they were actors. More likely BBC staff with kids who had a birthday coming up.
    And the thing with the people being actors is quite possible and totally different from using them on a chat show. Think about it, on the selling tasks, the buyers don't actually buy the products. So the show is already "scripted" to a certain point.
    The only products that don't get bought are when they pitch products (whether invented or chosen) to large retailers. But the retailers are asked to say how many they would buy if it was a genuine pitch. It's hypothetical of course, but not really acting and the outcome isn't scripted.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh HE said that?? I thought it was Alan Sugar!!

She looked like she was gonna crap herself when she turned around!!! So funny!