Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a song coming on ...
  • Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Why on earth would people restock constantly? It removes 40% of your sales force for over an hour at a time. If you're not running out of stuff, don't go. They were hardly making massive margins on the stuff.

I thought Gary got a rough deal in the edit to be honest. His initial pricing strategy was dumb but otherwise I think the team was led well (certainly nobody issued any complaints in the boardroom). Focusing on making sure the shop looked attractive and well-organised (compared to the misery bombsite of the other team) was very important, but they showed him doing it interspersed with shots of frowny-face Claude and jokes about "Toilet World". It just felt like a hatchet job because Gary's the "Invisible Candidate" this year.

Gary won the task, that much is clear, and significantly (perhaps even more so when his business plan is revealed) he won it using his day job expertise.

But both teams should have restocked constantly and losing 40 per cent of your sales force is fine and dandy if they are not actually selling but ice-skating or otherwise standing around.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nesparoo wrote: »
    A very misleading edit.

What with Gary apparently leaving cash in the till for far too long and Richard putting on his usual tw4t act to attract passers-by (most probably crossed over to avoid him), by the time it came to totting up the balance sheet it looked like the yellows were ahead.

Then the blues went and won by nearly a grand .. so I guess much of that has to be down to Gary. He sorted out his products and pricing, then organised the store accordingly. And like he said, retail is detail.

That's not to say he won't be gone next week, but just this week I think you have to say the odd-looking Brummie guy done good.

100% agree

Gary did well (tho I did find Richard's "I'm a skater " q funny :D)
  • Options
    muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Yesterday he came across as an extremely pleasant person and a breath of fresh air compared to - I'm not listening - Selina.

Also: being upfront with David in the cafe about bringing him in with him in the boardroom I thought was very strong. He does not seem to be playing games.

I thought it a strenght to hear him asking his subteam members about their contributions to losing the task before deciding who to bring in as a third person.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His face screams dreariness. It's the type of face you see on a drizzly, cold, morning commute at 7am, that you look at and think "that about sums up the mood right now". Looking at him sends a shiver of dread down my spine, you can't picture him anywhere else but in an office, wearing anything other than a grey suit. He just epitomises the drudgery of work.

I know that's harsh but I just can't shake that feeling every time I see him.

Another candidate like that was Kurt from season 9

Gary hasn't impressed me as PM and surely won't make the final 5
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary's business plan is to set up an events and entertainment company, but yet he ran an incredibly dull and boring party. Where was the entertainment on the party bus? He even said it himself that the atmosphere was flat!

He also has an incredibly punchable face - I hope that doesn't leave a sour taste in his eye!
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    But to be fair he did say it wouldn't be setting up kids parties, and lets not forget they only have a day to organise it, so mistakes or admissions can get overlooked, and they're left with little or no time to put it right.
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With LS not taking the numerous opportunities he had to fire Gary over the past few weeks (starting with his terrible PM loss), I was expecting his business plan to be something really promising. Instead it was a mobile disco with a video call app thrown in which even he seems to have given up on. So Gary really was pointless!

His place in the final five should have gone to a more viable candidate like Brett, David or even Selina!
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Gary might have had a really decent idea, hence him escaping the firing during the awful party task. Karen's critique though about him not being the right type of person to host parties seemed a bit unfair as I don't think he would have been involved in going to the actual party and being responsible for the entertainment and such.

I never believed he was going to win as they really disliked his corporate background and he never really shook off that Mr Corporate tag. I think he's a nice enough person though and it's not his fault he has a corporate background, not everyone has the funds or is in a position to set up their own business and you take the job that you can get.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His BP was GHASTLY. How the heck did he make it to the telly, to be honest?
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously we're six weeks in and all he's done is make faces and buy a toy boat?

Am I missing something?

Every little helps don't you know :)