The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to worry that this album may turn into a mess like Echo did. If they pass up on Trouble, then all hell will break loose on here :p Don't get me wrong, I love Echo, and I always will, but they seemed to have too many different ideas for it, and in the end a majority of the best songs were left off the album. Who knows now for GH though, since she's been recording for for ever now too, maybe there's some amazing new songs.

I just hope that since The Guardian article mentioned hearing Leona recording Blank Page, we'll get a leak of her demo sometime after Blank Page is released by the other artist or after GlassHeart is released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't know if you guys have seen this, or if it's legitimate but 10 march 2012 a track list is seen on this video including Blank Page (Sia Fowler)...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCiH8zBPHOM interesting..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Such a shame about Blank Page, we've already lost Mountains. I just hope this isn't a sign that Glassheart v1.0 has almost been entirely been scrapped. With each day that passes, it sounds as if this album will predominantly be formed by Fraser T. Smith indie ballads, with a couple of uptempo numbers thrown in. :confused:
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    Such a shame about Blank Page, we've already lost Mountains. I just hope this isn't a sign that Glassheart v1.0 has almost been entirely been scrapped. With each day that passes, it sounds as if this album will predominantly be formed by Fraser T. Smith indie ballads, with a couple of uptempo numbers thrown in. :confused:

Im talking about this all the time...its my worst nightmare at the moment !:) Its going to be just like Echo...

Echo songs + Outta my head uptempo thrown in
    Glassheart FTSmith songs + Glassheart uptempo
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umm123 wrote: »
    don't know if you guys have seen this, or if it's legitimate but 10 march 2012 a track list is seen on this video including Blank Page (Sia Fowler)...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCiH8zBPHOM interesting..

Yea we knew about this, but it's fake :)
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    I'd take anything right now to be honest just give me something for the love of god.
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take anything right now to be honest just give me something for the love of god.

Is that 8 seconds 'Playground' snippet enough to keep you calm until November 26th? :cool:
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    CROATIA wrote: »
    Is that 8 seconds 'Playground' snippet enough to keep you calm until November 26th? :cool:

:sleep: please, those flop snippets from BC are not even near to satisfy my hunger

I want leak of all latest rejects with Leona's voice over it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    CROATIA wrote: »
    Im talking about this all the time...its my worst nightmare at the moment !:) Its going to be just like Echo...

Echo songs + Outta my head uptempo thrown in
    Glassheart FTSmith songs + Glassheart uptempo

I never thought of this. :( Glassheart needs to be a good balance of ballads in the vein of Blank Page, pop mid tempos such as Love Birds, a few Fraser T. Smith indie ballads, and three or four uptempo numbers. An album full of tracks such as Alive/SCYHO/Brave/Hurt and then Glassheart and Trouble thrown in would sound odd.
  • NewDayNewDay Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure all will come good in the end. I'm positive this album will not disappoint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was an artist and my album got delayed aswell then I would have give my fans some accoustic performances of new songs or songs that I've never performed before or I would do a stream chat, etc ....

pff imagine accoustic version of Broken <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewDay wrote: »
    I'm sure all will come good in the end. I'm positive this album will not disappoint.

Yes me too, I have faith in this album

btw, I checked BGT wiki page and the live shows performances are already known, but no mention of Leona
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wikipedia is not a source! xD
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Yes me too, I have faith in this album

btw, I checked BGT wiki page and the live shows performances are already known, but no mention of Leona

That isn't really surprising, the live shows start and finish this week and Leona has nothing to promote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wikipedia is not a source! xD
    But they're always right about the performances! :D
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    That isn't really surprising, the live shows start and finish this week and Leona has nothing to promote.

Ooh wow! I didn't know the live shows are all this week, I thought it was going to be like X Factor, American Idol etc ... every week 1 liveshow
    So ty ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want to hear Playground in full and it is quite frustrating that people have it yet claim they won't leak it out of respect for Leona, yet have no problem annoying fans by posting an 8 second snippet.

The uploader of that clip said they got the song from rickyts2, and I remember him posting here a month or two ago talking about the song and claimed he had it in full, then I saw another comment from MrKrusty111(youtube name) claiming they have it in full too and I am positive they post on here, so who's account is that? Even if they don't let us hear it, what is it like?
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better late than never, but I'm kinda starting to appreciate LoveBirds a bit more. The first time I heard it I thought that it would be an alright album track, but the more I think of it, It may work as a single. There's something quite innocent about it. And this is gonna be one weird comparison, but I get a very Taylor Swift innocent feel about it and her songs are always well receieved. I also think it could make a good soundtrack song for a pixar movie haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that we got those "special" extra 8 seconds of Playground, I was wondering what you all thought about those snippets that leaked in 2010 or 2011. I wasn't a member here then so I never knew what people on here thought about them, but I remember I was obsessed on trying to find the full version of Haunted :p I think Mr. Magic Touch is the only one that the general public has heard in full, with the special people who got the full ones holding back.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Hollie from American Idol who sang Bleeding Love had some nice things to say about Leona:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CR-P3MEKcXQ

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow they're going to tweet #PreOrderGlassheart, although this tweet is so useless, I do think if Leona sees this that she might say something about GH don't you think? Probably : "It's coming guyssss xx"
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something to cheer everyone up!
    Jake ‏ @jake279
    @siamusic Surely Leona would sing it better than whichever artist you're giving it to. Will you write another song for Leona then?

54m sia furler ‏ @siamusic
    @jake279 I have

https://twitter.com/#!/siamusic/status/198542598573531136

So Sia has written something else for the new album which could even be better (shock horror) than the 30 second snippet we heard xD

Keep the faith guys :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad Sia has written another track for her, she really is a brilliant writer, but I still think that Blank Page song could be epic, I am addicted to the snippet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sia has written something else for the new album which could even be better (shock horror) than the 30 second snippet we heard xD

Keep the faith guys :)

That's great :). Did you ask her on twitter? It's really kind of her to always respond to our questions, if it was you, please thank her. That's one more non-Fraser T. Smith-written-song down :D.

I can't believe it's now been 5 months since the EP. And we still have nothing, not news, or anything. In that sense I'm really grateful that she released the EP, most artists wouldn't go out of their way to do something like that, I just wish that the EP consisted of songs that were actually on Glassheart 1.0, 'Burn', 'Blank Page' and 'Hurt' (I think Hurt was the only one originally for Glassheart) would have been great. Although I did love hearing her voice, and it's not like the songs were terrible, the combination of those 3 songs was so dreary, it was like a funeral march for the death of Glasheart :eek:.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh ShatteredGlass that is awesome. I like how dedicated Leona fans, I hope she appreciates it :D

I'm really glad Sia has worked with Leona, perhaps it is a duet after all. I'm quite happy that Sia has now come to everyones attention and hoping this will help Leona :D Sia is a phenomenal writer
  • Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope that the album won't be too much Fraser T. Smith. He's the one who made Hurt - The EP and received some negativity. Ever since the "Adele Effect", Leona scrapped perhaps more than 80% tracklist of Glassheart. I was like, release Glassheart November 2011 with potential uptempo tracks and potential ballads, and then recording an "Inspired" album for the following year rather than just using less uptempo tracks, ballads, and "Inspired" songs into one album. I am a huge Leona fan and I respect her decisions. However, this GH era is a mess to be honest.

Sorry for my english.
This discussion has been closed.