Christmas Special Promo Picture - ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
Forum Member
https://pic.twitter.com/CG5S0qmF01 saw this on twitter.

Comments

• kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That cyberhead looks like it's smiling
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    That cyberhead looks like it's smiling
    oh yeh so it does! oooo creepy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Hands protruding from the lake...
    Forum Member
    Rasp wrote: »
    Hands protruding from the lake...

weeping angels maybe.
  • W._O._FrobozzW._O._Frobozz Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    It appears to be a Gaiman-esque "new" Ironman head.

Pity. I hate those "new" Cybermen. I hope "Mister Smarty" doesn't make a return.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not another bloody Cybermen Christmas story.
    :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the Cybermen won't be the main villains. Looks like a lot of enemies will be returning.
    Forum Member

after seeing the trailer it doesn't look it just solely Cybermen, just part of a big 'alien gang'.
  • W._O._FrobozzW._O._Frobozz Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    There WERE several shots of that battered Cyber head towards the end of the 50th. They were kind of conspicuous.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Praying this isn't going to be another silly Christmas episode. Though the last one wasn't too bad.... I guess.. :\
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Praying this isn't going to be another silly Christmas episode. Though the last one wasn't too bad.... I guess.. :\

I'm feeling quite positive about it, I'm sure Moff wouldn't let Matts final story be silly (I'm hoping)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure there will be comic moments. Its the Moffat way. And of course there is the show obligatory Christmas factor. But I cannot believe he would disrespect 'his' Doctor with a silly and light exit. He clearly loves Matt and Eleven and will hopefully give him the farewell he deserves.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    There WERE several shots of that battered Cyber head towards the end of the 50th. They were kind of conspicuous.

I noticed that, but I dismissed it, as there was an odd shot that lingered on the broken glass earlier...
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excelents wrote: »

So, have the Telly Tubby Daleks been quietly forgotten? Not seen them in the main for quite some time now!
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    So, have the Telly Tubby Daleks been quietly forgotten? Not seen them in the main for quite some time now!

Something they still need to tackle in general about the Daleks is the fact that Clara (as Oswin) wiped the Doctor from their archives so they don't know who he is. They're next proper meeting should be interesting then!

It'd also be really interesting to see how Clara reacts to them since obvious she has some of her other life memories and she was made into a Dalek at one point. Meeting them again could be very traumatic. Alas Moffat isn't always very good at dealing with emotional/psychological fall out of that type (see: Amy's non reaction to getting a proper relationship with her daughter) so I wouldn't bank on it being covered.
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member

They have only been in one christmas story
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a cool image. I reminded slightly of The Pandorica Opens for some reason :p

its quite clearly not though, it seems like there are several of the doctors old enemies going to be in it. :)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hat looks cute on Clara, but then, anything looks good on Clara! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satmanager wrote: »
    The hat looks cute on Clara, but then, anything looks good on Clara! :D

I really hope she wears that hat for the whole story, and no one says a thing about it.

Or, at the very least, for Eleven to snatch it off her head and wear it himself.

Or for him to produce his own hat so they can be hat buddies.

You know Eleven just wants to be hat buddies with someone.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Title as well apparently...

Plus synopsis...
    An official synopsis for 'The Time of the Doctor' has also been released, which reads: "Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe's deadliest species gather,drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them – the Doctor.

"Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe."

Source.
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    I really hope she wears that hat for the whole story, and no one says a thing about it.

Or, at the very least, for Eleven to snatch it off her head and wear it himself.

Or for him to produce his own hat so they can be hat buddies.

You know Eleven just wants to be hat buddies with someone.

You know he will want to wear his fez instead. That way they will have the red and green of Christmas theme going for them. :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

Another awesome cameo! :D:D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member