Options

EDGIC Chart 2015

Alex_McNameeAlex_McNamee Posts: 656
Forum Member
✭✭
Starting an edgic feed this year - really enjoyed it last year, looks like an interesting mix this year
Basically, if you don't know the rules (skip if you already know about edgics!):
*Each candidate is given a status based on how they are believed to have been edited to appear in that episode. Examples - MOR - middle of the road. OTT - over the top. There's loads of them and if anyone wants a list I'm happy to post it.
*Each candidate is also given an objectivity rating (as I call it). Positive, negative, mixed or none.
*Finally, each candidate is given a number based on how visible they were in that episode. If they were seldom seen or not seen at all, it's a 1. If they were the talk of the show, it's a 5.
*The end result may look something like this - UTR N 2. The candidate stayed mostly in the background/didn't show much advancement. They may have made a few mistakes, meaning why they were given a "2" visibility rating.

You give each candidate one of these ratings every week, until you have a chart. If you're unsure how it should look, I can send you mine from last year.

*In addition to this (this is OPTIONAL) you can rank a few of the candidates you believe to be a "contender". I.E - from last year, week three, Katie may have been put first due to her solid record. Contenders generally are not specific to that week, but are just people you think have a solid shot of winning after watching each episode.
I'd recommend ranking four candidates from weeks 1-4, three from 5-8 and two thereafter, until you only have two left (in which case, pick the candidate you think will win).

This is a LOT of information to newbees so don't worry if it's very confusing - it took me ages to figure it out!

Tips:
*Don't worry if you have to give loads of candidates "UTR"'s or "INV"'s in the first few weeks - this usually happens. Also don't worry if you're unsure about contenders in the first few weeks, after about week four/five, it's easier.

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumpin' this just before the premiere...
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Hope people can get involved with the ranking this time. I'm afraid I won't have the time myself but it always fun to see how close or far away we end up
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I thought Sam, Ruth, Joseph and Natalie were shown to be the best

Vana's edit shows her to be insightful but she has potential to be the Debra/Claire of the season

Mergim, April and Gary had bad edits for me

The rest were invisible
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I'll do mine later!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry can you post a list of the edits?
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this last year, but won't have time to rewatch both episodes until the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry can you post a list of the edits?

Hi - yes here's a list (sorry it's so late!)
    OTT - Over the top. Character too loud/noticeable, but can be good (Alex from series 9)
    MOR - Middle of the road. Don't learn anything much about them but have been shown to be prominent throughout the task.
    CP - Complex personality. Always a game-changer. Mark had lots of "mixed" complex personalities (good, but sneaky)
    UTR - Under the Radar. We may have noticed them a few times but they didn't do anything spectacular.
    INV - Invisible. They may have briefly been shown on camera but it was one of those "I was on my phone" moments so you may have missed them completely. (Always 1)

Then add one of the following...

P - Positive. Have been good throughout the episode. (May not be completely pos)
    N - Negative . Have been bad throughout the episode. (May not be completely neg)
    M - Mixed. Some good some bad.
    {nothing} - We saw them, but we don't know if it was good or bad.

Then 1-5 visibility. Hope I helped!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aisha INV1
    April CPN3
    Brett MORN3
    Charleine MORP3
    Dan OTTN3
    David INV1
    Elle INV1
    Gary UTR1
    Jenny INV1
    Joseph UTRP1
    Mergim OTTN3
    Natalie UTR2
    Richard UTRP2
    Ruth UTRP2
    Sam UTRP1
    Scott UTRP2
    Selina MORP2
    Vana CPM2
    Contenders
    1 Charleine
    2 Scott
    3 Jenny
    4 Aisha

Based on rumours may be regretting
    putting Aisha as a contender
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aisha INV1
    April MORN3
    Brett UTRN2
    Charleine MORP2
    Dan OTTN3
    David INV1
    Elle INV1
    Gary UTR2
    Jenny INV1
    Joseph OTTP3
    Mergim OTTN3
    Natalie UTRP2
    Richard MORM2
    Ruth MORP3
    Sam UTR2
    Scott UTR2
    Selina CPM3
    Vana UTRM2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And my contenders:

1) Charleine
    2) Richard
    3) Natalie
    4) Ruth
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aisha CPN3
    Apri l UTR1
    Brett INV1
    Charleine MOR3
    David UTRN1
    Elle CPM3
    Gary UTR1
    Jenny UTR2
    Joseph INV1
    Mergim UTR1
    Natalie MORN2
    Richard CPM3
    Ruth UTRP2
    Sam UTR1
    Scott UTRN2
    Selina MORN2
    Vana UTRP2

Contenders
    1 Joseph
    2 Charleine
    3 Selina
    4 Scott

Contenders this week are less certain than last week, that's for sure. Charleine still up there but I'm not sure she'll win. Was ambivalent about Joseph at the start but he is looking quite good. Selina, less so, but maybe it's a winners' edit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 1: Fish Food

Versatile
    Charleine - MOR P 3 - Leader of Team Fish Finger, she seemed to keep good control of her sub-team.
    David - INV - 1 - He was there.
    Gary - UTR - 2 - Looks like an unlikeable Brummie Mark Ronson.
    Mergim - OTT N 3 - Tried to sell fish to a vegan restaurant, then in the boardroom hypocritically criticised the rest of his team for not volunteering to PM when he was noticeably quiet when that was being decided.
    Natalie - INV - 1 - She's got short hair.
    Richard - MOR P 3 - His management-speak rubbish was picked up by LS, however he was shown selling the fish finger sandwiches. Plus he had the probably unpleasant task of putting all the warm raw squid in bin bags.
    Sam - UTR - 2 - Performed an ode to calamari because he's a wordsmith apparently.
    Scott - UTR - 2 - Suggested the team name and was shown selling.
    Selina - MOR N 3 - She was reluctantly pushed into being PM then proceeded to moan about her team being unmanageable as she let them all talk over each other and her. As head of Team Calamari she was also ultimately responsible for them having to throw away £150 worth of unsafe squid.

Connexus
    Aisha - INV - 1 - She wore orange in the boardroom.
    April - CP N 4 - Although she did volunteer herself for PM in the first task which was a positive, this was outweighed by her railroading her ideas through, dismissing the idea of costing the ingredients and seemingly picking the £9 sale price for the salad out of thin air.
    Brett - MOR N 3 - Came up with the team name "Connexus" and then stuck rigidly to the specifications for the fish cakes which seemed to be the reason why they missed most of the lunchtime trade.
    Dan - OTT N 4 - A nice guy, but a complete disaster on the task from putting his hands in this pockets at the briefing to taking too long on the numbers to prioritising getting his coat from the car over getting on with selling - which he couldn't do anyway!
    Elle - UTR - 1 - I think she had a bit talking to camera?
    Jenny - INV - 1 - She stood up in the losers' boardroom.
    Joseph - MOR P 2 - Negotiated for the fish and was noted as being the best seller on the team in the boardroom.
    Ruth - MOR P 3 - Her selling technique taught Karren something new! Plus she suggested that they should consider costings (which was ignored by April) and tried to help Dan get some sales.
    Vana - UTR - 2 - She's got an American accent.

Contenders:
    1. Charleine
    2. Richard
    3. Ruth
    4. Joseph
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 2: Cactus Shampoo

Versatile
    Brett - UTR - 2 - He was involved with shooting the digital billboard.
    David - MOR P 4 - Suggested the name "Western" for the boys' shampoo and was very enthusiastic directing the advert. A good week for him after being invisible in the first task.
    Gary - UTR - 1 - He was part of the pitching team but we didn't see him contributing anything.
    Joseph - MOR P 3 - Went against Richard's idea of blowing sand in their model's face for the digital billboard, and instead came up with the better idea of showing him using the product.
    Mergim - UTR - 2 - Suggested that the model should take his trousers off.
    Richard - CP M 4 - Succeeded as PM on a task in his field, but there were lots of comments by Karren and other candidates that he was perhaps only pretending to listen to others' ideas and that he over-delegated to try and shift blame from himself if they lost the task.
    Sam - UTR - 2 - I'm not sure what he did this week.
    Scott - MOR N 3 - Boasted about not needing cards or prompts before the pitch then (predictably) messed it up and had a brain freeze.

Connexus
    Aisha - CP N 4 - Put herself forward as PM, but failed to get her team behind her. She ignored almost every suggestion or criticism and produced a bland, unfocused advertising campaign.
    April - UTR N 2 - We didn't see much of Miss Jamaica 2008 this week but she did seem to have some role in choosing a 20-something model for their billboard aimed at over 50s, so a negative week for her.
    Charleine -MOR P 3 Was defeated by Aisha to become PM, then spent the entire task trying to run it anyway, however most of her contributions, such as adding the "richer than argan oil" statement were positive.
    Elle - CP N 3 - Complained, probably rightly, about Aisha's leadership, but became disruptive and got involved in a shouting match with the rest of the team after the pitch.
    Jenny - UTR P 2 - We didn't see much of her, but what we did was largely positive.
    Natalie - MOR N 3 - Claimed that her day job is doing pitches then delivered a dull and uninspiring pitch for Desert Secret because she didn't like the product, which as LS pointed out in the boardroom shouldn't have mattered.
    Ruth - UTR P 2 - Had to step in as the face of Desert Secret after Aisha, April and Selina had decided that they should hire models in their 20s for a product aimed at the grey pound.
    Selina - MOR N 3 - Had a role in choosing the models, but not much was made out of that. She then directed the girls' advert which was, as the experts said, outdated and dull as well as being confusing as to who the product was aimed at - the mother or the daughter?
    Vana - MOR P 2 - Suggested targeting the 50+ market which is not a bad idea, but then didn't contribute much to the rest of the task.

Contenders:
    1. David
    2. Charleine
    3. Joseph
    4. Ruth
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Richard - CP M 4 - Succeeded as PM on a task in his field, but there were lots of comments by Karren and other candidates that he was perhaps only pretending to listen to others' ideas and that he over-delegated to try and shift blame from himself if they lost the task.

I'd just like to point out that I don't think that Karren meant it negatively when she suggested that Richard wasn't really listening to them. I think to start with she was just intrigued - neither positive or negative, just interested in the fact that he was dictating it to them but actually letting them all think that they were doing more than he was. She said in the boardroom that he should hold himself absolutely responsible for the victory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd just like to point out that I don't think that Karren meant it negatively when she suggested that Richard wasn't really listening to them. I think to start with she was just intrigued - neither positive or negative, just interested in the fact that he was dictating it to them but actually letting them all think that they were doing more than he was. She said in the boardroom that he should hold himself absolutely responsible for the victory.
    It came across as negative to me, together with the comment that Richard was directing David directing the advert. But then again, that might have been put in more to make it less obvious that the boys had walked the task so there was still some element of doubt over which team had won when LS announced the winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It came across as negative to me, together with the comment that Richard was directing David directing the advert. But then again, that might have been put in more to make it less obvious that the boys had walked the task so there was still some element of doubt over which team had won when LS announced the winner.

Well, of course at that point she doesn't know that they've won. I think to start off with, she was merely intrigued at how Richard was handling it, unsure as to whether or not it would pay off. But then in the boardroom she was quite impressed by it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, of course at that point she doesn't know that they've won. I think to start off with, she was merely intrigued at how Richard was handling it, unsure as to whether or not it would pay off. But then in the boardroom she was quite impressed by it all.
    I meant the clip of Karren saying that might have been put in the edit to provide some negativity for the boys. I'm sure Karren and Claude say lots of things to the camera that don't make the final cut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »

Jesus Christ yours is almost identical to mine so far.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVLlShaAAhEY2yx5as1J7xz0SVEGBPLkkBfyVjb--xQ/edit#gid=818766448
    Ignore the fact it's the wrong way around...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny MOR3 - She didn't really do anything wrong, in my opinion. She tried to find the mussels and couldn't. Not mixed, but not bad.
    April UTRP1
    Brett UTRP2 - Seems to have led the male team well...when he was shown.
    Charleine UTRP2 - Really negotiated well for the anchor.
    David UTR1 - I saw him a couple times, but I don't remember what he did.
    Elle CPN3 - Went into the same shop three times. Indecisive. Poor. Not getting why people like her.
    Gary UTRP2 - Shades of Felipe here, but the dinghy did fit the specification.
    Joseph OTTN3 - Seemed very loud and obnoxious to me. Also comes across as quite thick to me. Liked him the last two weeks, not now though.
    Mergim UTRN1 - "I'm considering highering the price..."
    Natalie UTRM2 - Really not sure. She's an enigma. She got cheese, but it was wrong.
    Richard CPN3 - Very poor throughout.
    Ruth UTRP2 - I really thought she'd be a joke act, but I am actually really liking Ruth. She's mad, she's weird, but she is actually very good.
    Sam MORN2 - Poor translations throughout, but he could be a winner.
    Scott UTR1 - Got the anchor for £20, not really bad.
    Selina UTRN2 - She better be gone soon. She really isn't giving it her everything, and doesn't get on with anyone.
    Vana OTTN3 - Do I need to explain..?
    Contenders
    1 Charleine - best so far by a mile.
    2 Ruth - has been quietly progressing well, not as "out-there" as I would've thought.
    3 Scott - made a few dud moves but every winner does.
    4 Sam - same as above.

CHARLEINE FOR THE WIN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Early stages but I'm struggling to see how a woman wins this season. When there is one team who are shown to be weaker I look to see if there is evidence of someone being protected ala Tom, but none of the girls have really had that yet. You may argue Ruth, but she's too out-there to be a serious consideration IMO, she certainly isn't a Sarah Dales by any means but I struggle to see her going far.

Joseph vs Richard seems to have the makings of a season long feud, so I would guess at both making it far similar to Mark and Daniel in S10
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Jenny MOR3 - She didn't really do anything wrong, in my opinion. She tried to find the mussels and couldn't. Not mixed, but not bad.
    April UTRP1
    Brett UTRP2 - Seems to have led the male team well...when he was shown.
    Charleine UTRP2 - Really negotiated well for the anchor.
    David UTR1 - I saw him a couple times, but I don't remember what he did.
    Elle CPN3 - Went into the same shop three times. Indecisive. Poor. Not getting why people like her.
    Gary UTRP2 - Shades of Felipe here, but the dinghy did fit the specification.
    Joseph OTTN3 - Seemed very loud and obnoxious to me. Also comes across as quite thick to me. Liked him the last two weeks, not now though.
    Mergim UTRN1 - "I'm considering highering the price..."
    Natalie UTRM2 - Really not sure. She's an enigma. She got cheese, but it was wrong.
    Richard CPN3 - Very poor throughout.
    Ruth UTRP2 - I really thought she'd be a joke act, but I am actually really liking Ruth. She's mad, she's weird, but she is actually very good.
    Sam MORN2 - Poor translations throughout, but he could be a winner.
    Scott UTR1 - Got the anchor for £20, not really bad.
    Selina UTRN2 - She better be gone soon. She really isn't giving it her everything, and doesn't get on with anyone.
    Vana OTTN3 - Do I need to explain..?
    Contenders
    1 Charleine - best so far by a mile.
    2 Ruth - has been quietly progressing well, not as "out-there" as I would've thought.
    3 Scott - made a few dud moves but every winner does.
    4 Sam - same as above.

CHARLEINE FOR THE WIN.

Her edit to me shows her to be bullying Selina. Nasty individual
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Early stages but I'm struggling to see how a woman wins this season. When there is one team who are shown to be weaker I look to see if there is evidence of someone being protected ala Tom, but none of the girls have really had that yet. You may argue Ruth, but she's too out-there to be a serious consideration IMO, she certainly isn't a Sarah Dales by any means but I struggle to see her going far.

Joseph vs Richard seems to have the makings of a season long feud, so I would guess at both making it far similar to Mark and Daniel in S10

Tom was not protected, he was actually a pretty strong task performer. Just was unlucky to be on many losing teams. Ruth Badger, often considered the strongest candidate in history, was actually on the same number of winning teams as Tom, and she was in the final boardroom more times than he was (this is bearing in mind that his series had one more tasks than hers did as well).
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Yeah, would certainly bet on a male win.

Mind you, Mark also had a horrible edit last year (so someone like Charleine might have a small chance yet).

Joseph vs Richard seems to have the makings of a season long feud, so I would guess at both making it far similar to Mark and Daniel in S10[/QUOTE]

Probably, also expect them both to go far in this process.