DS Christmas Number One campaign

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
I think it is our duty to stream, download and request everywhere we can, these 2 songs. We can try get them to Christmas Number One, or at least get both of them in the top 20 or top 10.

The reason for these songs in particular are:

1. They make perfect sense of what is going on in the world right now and make a political statement.

2. One will bring back memories for the younger members, while the other will bring back happy memories for the more senior members.

3. Get a couple of happy songs that aren't Justin Beiber, X Factor etc etc in the charts.

Song One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTCScoUFWk

Song Two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnyZM9XSHa4

Comments

• muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first one was terrible even one line in (too Cheryl Crow for me), the second one is a classic (in my opinion) and very relevant to the times we live in. I'd go for No.2.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sod that.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this years campaign is the pogues fairytale of new York, which kind of makes sense given it normally makes top ten anyway at Christmas.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote for number one simply because it's a brilliant song and i like Nerina Pallot.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Campaigns still give money to 'The Man'. It would take an independent to make it worthwhile.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This: year after year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-l0o3tOXw0
    Listen, Mr Blair.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I like Justin Bieber.

Oh, and no-one over the age of 12 even gives a shit about the #1 any more anyway. Even Radio 1 have pretty done away with the chart, relegating it to Friday afternoon/evening instead of its usual Sunday afternoon slot.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every year they try to get Fairytale to No1, doubt it will happen. No one really cares to be honest.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't vote for either. I'd rather the Christmas No 1 was a fun pop song (not XF or Dustbin Beaver tho) or even a new Christmas song rather than something deep and political.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Radio 1 have pretty done away with the chart, relegating it to Friday afternoon/evening instead of its usual Sunday afternoon slot.

The BBC had no say in that.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    The first one was terrible even one line in (too Cheryl Crow for me), the second one is a classic (in my opinion) and very relevant to the times we live in. I'd go for No.2.
    Who's Cheryl Crow?
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Who's Cheryl Crow?

A slightly more talented version of Cheryl Cole. :D
  • cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's Cheryl Crow?

Look up Sheryl Crow
  • cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell us what the 2 tunes are rather than making us have to go to YouTube just to find out.
    I hate clickbait posts.
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Please tell us what the 2 tunes are rather than making us have to go to YouTube just to find out.
    I hate clickbait posts.

They're Darude - Sandstorm (referring to the situation in Syria) and Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (referring to ISIS and the ongoing Ukraine/Crimea conflict). Wonderful songs although I agree that 'Sandstorm' is too Cheryl Crow.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look up Sheryl Crow
    I know who Sheryl Crow is. It isn't Cheryl Crow is it? Sheryl Crow is a good artist and so is Nerina Pallot.
  • TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I've got my own campaign for Girlfriend by Billie Piper to be Christmas Number 1. It's going very well so far.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Hasn't Wealdstone Raider released this year? I was looking forward to his follow up. Arguably the greatest rapper of his generation....
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Hasn't Wealdstone Raider released this year?

Nope. He's got no fans !
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well since its 40 years since Bo Rhapsody they should re release it.:)