Time Still set at BST

2»

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,508
    Forum Member
    JAK99 wrote:
    Neither my Pioneer DVD recorder, 8000 nor 9200 changed the clock this morning. I forced the Pioneer to change as there is an option to select which channel it gets time from, instantly OK from ITV.
    My Pioneer HDD/DVDR was not Ok on ITV, nor BBC but worked on CH5.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time has just corrected it self on mine, ceefax now correct as well.
  • rfwrfw Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Switched F2-FOX T on for a few seconds and off again: time now correct.
  • JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    It's funny how the broadcasters got caught out by something as simple as the clocks changing. They never used to have a problem with it so I'll be curious to hear their excuses.

I guess it'll be something like "Our survey showed 79% of our viewers prefer to have Ceefax showing summertime" but in reality it is because it would upset their DOGS or the Press Red MHEG somehow. Or am I being cynical?
  • rfwrfw Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's plainly a problem with the time information which apparently is created centrally. There are two time info streams, as I understand it, and it looks as if some boxes use one and some the other: hence the result of some boxes being OK and some being an hour out.

Ceefax on analogue was also behaving oddly: the actual time displayed on the pages was correct but my VCRs, which I believe take their time from the PDC info, were an hour out from Crystal Palace, but not on Channel 5 (which of course comes from Croydon). It looks as if this has been fixed as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I've just had to go through and reschedule all my reservations made before today - that can't be right can it?

I thought the schedules were all transmitted in GMT and then the box applies a 1 hour offset during bst. But if that was the way it worked, there wouldn't be any need to reschdule - should there?
  • youngbazyoungbaz Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote:
    If the 9200T is like the 8000T then the times in the recording schedule will not match though. If you have any recordings coming up today then change the time display to GMT.

Like Barry, my 9200 (and the VCR) had corrected their displayed time by about 4pm - this works even in standby it seems.

But you were right senhor, even after the clock had automatically corrected itself, the scheduled progs for recording were all still showing their start times as being one hour later than the published ones ie in BST as it were. So have cancelled them all and re-scheduled from the EPG - reserved times and published times now coincide.

Many thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I set my 9200T to GMT+0:00 this morning and scheduled recording were all showing the correct times so no need to change, I have just come in before 5pm and my Toshiba RD-XS32 was showing still BST. At 5pm it updated itself automatically so I just changed Humax back to aAuto and checked schedules - still all OK.

Looks like the broadcasters were caught sleeping again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    Time has just corrected it self on mine, ceefax now correct as well.

Yes my ancient Panny VCR didn't change until 2 PM.

whoops . . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Well....

I was still an hour ahead on my 8000t when I went out at about 2:30 pm (GMT) today. Just for fun I scheduled a recording of the tri-nations rugby-league match which should have been (and was!) 3:30 to 4:50 pm on BBC2, but came up an hour later with all the other progs on the epg, and my Humax still stuck in BST.

Guess what - I have come home to find the time has now adjustred itself, and my scheduled recording is 124 minutes long instead of 80 minutes. Now - 60 minutes extra I could understand but 44? And there is still space on the hard drive......

Oh well - I have got "Inside Rome" and "Some Mothers Do Have Them" and 4 minutes of Bill Oddie I suppose - as well as the rugby. I guess that is better than missing the match which is what would have happened had it been winter to summer!

I think this whole thing just supports my preference for having BST all year - but that's another story! :rolleyes: