Caribbean Food

LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
Forum Member
✭✭
Any thought's on it? I'm not too keen on that Levi Roots sauce, or any of his products for that matter. There are a few take-aways by me but it's hard to get good quality Caribbean food I find.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Mr Dutchy in Northampton is the best curried goat I've had!
  • LardnessLardness Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live there & think it's crap. Too many starches & flavourless vegetables.
    There's a reason for there being far more Indian & Chinese restaurants.......
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's some good Caribbean restaurants in London now.

My best mate doesn't know how good she has it, her parents cook the best fried chicken, mutton and rice, the lot! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    There used to be a Caribbean place in Liverpool but it's shut now. It was a few years ago now so can't remember the details but I had fish with the most delicious sauce on it. Never tasted anything like it before or since.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rice n Peas are nice
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    I've tried a lot of West Indian restaurants in London, I don't really rate those I've been to (maybe I've just been unlucky, I don't know). I tried that take away place in Westfield Stratford that a lot of people rave about; the curry was flavourless and tough and I could have broken a tooth on their dumplins. I can do better myself.
  • LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, it's a bit hit and miss at take aways as resturants as is any type of food really. I bought some for a friend the other day as she was going back to eastern europe and wanted to try it. I was so pissed at the poor quality of the food once I got it back to her flat. I would have cooked myself but I couldn't be bothered. Wont make that mistake again when trying to impress a lady.