A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm back :)

Hello Mimi. How's Tuesday going for you?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »
    Hello Mimi. How's Tuesday going for you?

Not too badly thanks, you? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too badly thanks, you? :)

Yeah pretty good thanks. On air at the moment! :)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah pretty good thanks. On air at the moment! :)

Cool. I will be at 12pm tomorrow! :) I was going to post a link in this thread yesterday but wasn't sure if it would have been free advertising which DS don't allow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats the worst they can do take it down, post it I say :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool. I will be at 12pm tomorrow! :) I was going to post a link in this thread yesterday but wasn't sure if it would have been free advertising which DS don't allow.

Send me a DM and I'll do my best to listen in for a bit :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    Evening CNBC.

I'm watching Princess Diaries. I haven't seen this film for years! Anne Hathaway way before her Oscar-win! :D
    Send me a DM and I'll do my best to listen in for a bit :)

I've sent you a DM. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her in One Day, I know she can be annoyingly perky but I love her :p.
    Forum Member
    Evening HM! What are you up to?
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

Her accent was terrible in the film.

Anne hathaway is a good actress, but doesn't have a strong set of films where she actually displays good acting. The only films i have seen where i have thought "wow she can really act" are The Princess diaries, love and other drugs, rachel getting married and Les Miz. She was terribly mis-cast as Catwoman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her accent was terrible in the film.

Anne hathaway is a good actress, but doesn't have a strong set of films where she actually displays good acting. The only films i have seen where i have thought "wow she can really act" are The Princess diaries, love and other drugs, rachel getting married and Les Miz. She was terribly mis-cast as Catwoman.

Yeah Americans tend to butcher the English accent especially if its regional :Dy
    Forum Member
    Yeah Americans tend to butcher the English accent especially if its regional :Dy

Afternoon! You've given me another idea - wonder how good our Hudson heroes are at putting on accents? :D
    Forum Member
    Evening.

I know what you mean. I quite like her too :) People tend to dislike celebrities once they win big awards such as Oscars for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree mimicole. I've noticed over the last few months, how members on here suddenly dislike Jennifer Lawerence since her oscar win and one member had the cheek of saying "she is as bad of an actress as Kristin stewart", which i thought was ridiculous and untrue. If Jennifer was as bad of an actress, how come she remains the second youngest actress to win Best actress oscar and is on course of getting as third oscar nomination which will make her the youngest actress to have gotten 3 oscar nominations before the age of 25. She is a brilliant actress and is an incredible role model to women in this day and age, and to think she is only 23.
    Forum Member
    Tuned into x+y's drivetime show. It's very bizarre hearing a fellow DSers voice but lovely too. :)
    I agree mimicole. I've noticed over the last few months, how members on here suddenly dislike Jennifer Lawerence since her oscar win and one member had the cheek of saying "she is as bad of an actress as Kristin stewart", which i thought was ridiculous and untrue. If Jennifer was as bad of an actress, how come she remains the second youngest actress to win Best actress oscar and is on course of getting as third oscar nomination which will make her the youngest actress to have gotten 3 oscar nominations before the age of 25. She is a brilliant actress and is an incredible role model to women in this day and age, and to think she is only 23.

I do agree. I like Jennifer Lawrence too. I think that people don't like actors who take part in a franchise of films being rewarded with Oscars. Franchises don't seem to be taken seriously in my experience. The Jennifer interview where she was interrupted by Jack Nicholson was brilliant. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that it was so adorable, she totally fangirl's :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is also a lovely video of her removing the baricades to see a young disabled fan, at a premiere of The Hunger Games in the US. She got on one knee and spoke to the fan with such grace and class. She gave this sweet little girl the time of day and also gave her an autograph and a picture.
    Forum Member
    Evening!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all

Check out this singer I came across

Brianna LoBue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAZlwxW04vw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuned into x+y's drivetime show. It's very bizarre hearing a fellow DSers voice but lovely too. :)

It was good to have you along, Mimi.:)

Evening All!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love Jennifer Lawerence. She is my future wife :D

Well, her or Zooey Deschanel, I can't decide
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Jennifer Lawerence. She is my future wife :D

Well, her or Zooey Deschanel, I can't decide

I adore Zooey Deschanel a talented actress and singer songwriter love me some She & Him :)