Options

BUT Why Does She Hate Him??

2»

Comments

• Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a bitch... She's constantly bitching about Jim and spreading her poison to the other housemates.

You need to get a grip and calm down. It's just a game show. You may be Jim's biggest fan, you may really dislike Linda, but there's no need to get so wound up and refer to her as a 'bitch'.
  • Options
    KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know in a different topic a poster raised an issue which I actually think was bang on the money.

I think what is driving the Linda hate MORE than anything else is Colleen and Julie Goodyear. Colleen wasn't a great HM but she definitely was golden compared to the vile Goodyear. When Colleen took on Julie it probably helped catapult her not only to the Final but to finish in 2nd place for series 10 :)

It is well known Jim had a lot of bad publicity and was probably the easy target for a hate figure. Maybe Linda thought if she could be the one to take on Jim Davidson then maybe she can get the same kind of results as her sister did.

I have been posting and saying this from the start.

Linda wanted a nemesis storyline.

Jim fell into her trap in the end but she also made herself look very very bad by all the goading she did.
  • Options
    ronxrayronxray Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    You need to get a grip and calm down. It's just a game show. You may be Jim's biggest fan, you may really dislike Linda, but there's no need to get so wound up and refer to her as a 'bitch'.

Her words to describe Jim were far far worse. Or is there special rules???
  • Options
    Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL trust me, "bitch" is a diluted word for what she really is. I'm not Jim's biggest fan either and I hadn't really heard of him until he entered the house. I do think he's funny and I've warmed to him though.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Kabira wrote: »
    I have been posting and saying this from the start.

Linda wanted a nemesis storyline.

Jim fell into her trap in the end but she also made herself look very very bad by all the goading she did.

Agreed

Its a good shout on the theory :)
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Dont you think her husband should be named and shamed whether he is alive or not
    named and shamed ? I'm sure every widow would like her husband's mistakes that was humiliating and embarrassing brought up again on National TV just because Jim can. The answer is NO - it wasn't relevant to anything they were talking about, it was done to upset and squash Linda, who's clearly fragile personality. Unfortunately, Jim has now come across as bit of a bully and Linda has been vindicated - if only he'd hung on that bit longer. Shame.
  • Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronxray wrote: »
    Her words to describe Jim was far far worse. Or is there special rules???

Well yes, obviously there are.

Jim and Linda are having their own interaction, their own fight, the words they use are between the two of them. We are just viewers watching the edited highlights of a gameshow.

People getting themselves so worked up, so overwrought, believing a contestant to be the lowest of the low, a 'bitch' even, makes me think they need to step away from reality TV for a while and go for a long walk in the fresh air.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever the motivation she comes across as a hard faced bitch that no one would want to spend more than two minutes with. In her eagerness to destroy Jim she has only destroyed her own character and shown herself as a bitter, self righteous cow.
    She seems well liked in the house, where people have actually lived with her day in day out, doesn't she?
    adamski94 wrote: »
    You speak the truth and maybe she needed the extra £20 as benefit dont get u anywhere plus her husband deserved to taken to court
    It's probably for the best that you can't string a sentence together, because it looks as if it would have turned out nasty.
    What I have got out of this.

1. Jim and Frank were friends.
    2. Linda's husband stole from Frank.
    3. Jim and Linda's husband had an argument in a pub (about the stealing?).
    4. Linda hates Jim.
    Yes, I think that is the bare outlines. Linda's take on the 'argument' in the club is that a drunk Jim was being horrible to her husband, who had already been arrested, charged and fined; whether it was before or after he was made bankrupt I can't say, but she obviously felt that it was unkind and unnecessary, and the subsequent death of her husband has not made her think more kindly of those who hurt him when he was alive.
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    I suspect she hates him because she knows the details of the Yewtree allegations, which she cannot mention, for obvious reasons.
    I think you should unsuspect that. If anything - I realize this is not necessarily going to be a popular view - the yewtree investigations are a wee bit on the ruthless side imo, charging people with things like an unwanted grope over 30 years ago. If Jim was released without charge, it is because there were no charges to bring.
    ronxray wrote: »
    Her words to describe Jim were far far worse. Or is there special rules???

No, no special rules. Linda was pointlessly rude. That doesn't mean it is right to be pointlessly rude on here. Linda was rude and Jim was cruel. Not a good night for either of them.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    named and shamed ? I'm sure every widow would like her husband's mistakes that was humiliating and embarrassing brought up again on National TV just because Jim can. The answer is NO - it wasn't relevant to anything they were talking about, it was done to upset and squash Linda, who's clearly fragile personality. Unfortunately, Jim has now come across as bit of a bully and Linda has been vindicated - if only he'd hung on that bit longer. Shame.

It was Linda that said it was to do with her husband. Jim just asked if it was what happened in Frank Carson's dressing room after repeatedly asking her to shut up and talk about it in the morning. First time I have ever voted for anybody on BB, but have just happily voted for Jim to be saved.
  • Options
    ronxrayronxray Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't use bad language, and do take regular walks with my dog, and in my head the words I use to describe Linda are really bad. I'm ex army so have a lot of words stored away.
  • Options
    Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda, fragile? Don't make me laugh, she's as hard as nails and as cold as ice. Jim hasn't come across as a bully either, so I don't know what you've been watching. Linda however, she has come across as a desperate sympathy-seeker whose only relevance is her on-going feud with Jim. Without Jim, she is nothing but a washed up lounge act from times gone by!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got the goods.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    She didn't like Jim before coming into the house because like 90% of the guests who have been on BOTS and know him have said 'he's an arsehole to women when he's drunk'.
    And the reason she doesn't like him in the house is the sly digs he makes to the women (which all the women in there apart from Casey have said he does).
    It's that simple. Like she said, before he started with his sly comments (only directed at the women not the men) she got on with him.
    Jim bringing up her dead husband and what he did as the reason why they argue so much is another sly passive aggressive move from him. He knew very well it would hurt her to bring up the fact that her dead husband who she loved dearly was convicted of stealing from a family friend of hers.
    And in the news clip on BOTS just now he lied again and said that it was Linder who brought up her dead husband on launch night when asked by Emma why she didn't like Jim, which is total crap!

Jim is a nasty piece of work, yet he does all his shtick in such a passive aggressive way that most people don't seem to see it (or they just choose to ignore it because he can do no wrong in their eyes ;-)).
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

she would have been assessed by the show's psychologists, and passed fit to appear....

I have read somewhere that she was quite recently approved as a foster carer, no way would someone with a 'fragile personality' pass the sort of tests that entails...

I think JD struck low, but that was after some relentless taunting by LN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    It was Linda that said it was to do with her husband. Jim just asked if it was what happened in Frank Carson's dressing room after repeatedly asking her to shut up and talk about it in the morning. First time I have ever voted for anybody on BB, but have just happily voted for Jim to be saved.

But it was Jim who brought Linder's dead husband into it with the "ask her about Frank Carson's dressing room" comment.
    Your post doesn't make sense :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Wow, I actually agree with a post sandy50 has made :o

Suerly this is the time for a Special Video !!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well she goaded for long enough sour faced bitch just like Colleen nasty and sly poisoning everyone against him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Obviously I was referring to your use of the word 'bitch' to describe Linda.

seems pretty accurate to me. Even understated. And 70% of the people on here agree. Only 2 in 10 think the sun shines out of a Nolan rear end? ;-)
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her husband stole money. Jim was a friend of Frank Carson and had an argument with Linda's husband.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    She hates him because without him she has no story and she needs to ride someones coat tails to the final
    or

he got one over on her in the past and she cant get over it
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Why does Linda dislike Jim?' Surely any decent woman would dislike and be reviled by a man who's known for knocking women about and beating wives up. How could anyone have anything but repulsion for a manipulative, controlling man like that?! I'm surprised any people would praise a man with that violent type of behaviour towards women. As irritating as Linda I'll back her rather that lying thug Davidson.
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    'Why does Linda dislike Jim?' Surely any decent woman would dislike and be reviled by a man who's known for knocking women about and beating wives up. How could anyone have anything but repulsion for a manipulative, controlling man like that?! I'm surprised any people would praise a man with that violent type of behaviour towards women. As irritating as Linda I'll back her rather that lying thug Davidson.

Jim makes no secret of his past. He was a drunk and drunks do things that people find offensive. He has tried to change himself but people such as Linda, (and apparently, you) lack the humanity to give him a fresh start. It says more about the unpleasantness of that sort of person than it does about Jim.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Linda has NOT been vindicated, she has had her comeuppance, she has slagged him off from before the BB doors even opened, HOW LONG was he expected to take it, SHE is responsible for this much being dragged up, she has know one to blame but herself
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People getting themselves so worked up, so overwrought, believing a contestant to be the lowest of the low, a 'bitch' even, makes me think they need to step away from reality TV for a while and go for a long walk in the fresh air.

It's probably for the best that you can't string a sentence together, because it looks as if it would have turned out nasty.

I thought comments about FMs were against the T+Cs of the forum.
  • Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda's a fragile flower now??? Haha, now I've heard everything!