Options

Matthew Wright or Richard Madeley

Comments

• Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard
    I've voted for Richard....the best by a mile.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    cavalli wrote: »
    Can someone with the necessary techno know how twitter it Dickie...and Wrighty please :kitty:

Done :)
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    Matthew is too opinionated & often rude to callers, Richard is much better.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless the line "would you prefer to hit over the face with a cricket bat" has been left of the poll I shall decline to vote.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this would be a question like..."if you had one bullet......".

To be fair, I would keep the bullet in case Piers Morgan or David Cameron walked in the room.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Done :)

Haha, nice one Izzy! Do let us know if they respond :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    Richard every time.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    Matthew
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Who'd be your ideal presenter?

Anne Diamond :)
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    It's like asking if you'd rather have Botulism or Typhoid
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    Matthew
    Matthew for me. Richard seems to talk way too much, and it doesn't matter what the subject is he has experienced it, without fail. There is always a link to Judy or the kids or his job.
  • Options
    Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's like choosing which disease you'd rather to get, I refuse to vote.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    Well looks like we have a clear outcome going by the poll.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard

Just need them to sack that nasty Wright guy . He's as fake as his onscreen persona .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew
    You lot are vile. This has been Mathew's show from the get go & now your stabbing him in the back. Just glad none of you are friends of mine. Never heard that word............LOYALTY.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew

Voting by Madeley's friends and family just don't count. :cool:

Matthew is the best by a mile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard
    The Wright Stuff is a really good programme, unfortunately, Matthew Wright is a really terrible presenter. The way he constantly interrupts the guests on the panel is highly irritating, the way he cuts callers off when they dare to hold a different opinion to his is bullying and nothing short of bad-mannered. I'm convinced he must have some sort of condition ...

I voted for Dickie. :p
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    You lot are vile. This has been Mathew's show from the get go & now your stabbing him in the back. Just glad none of you are friends of mine. Never heard that word............LOYALTY.

Loyalty doesn't come into it. Nor does friendship. Mathew Wright is not a friend of mine. I admire the way in which he aquires a knowledge of the subjects he covers, and the eloquence with which he is able to discuss them, but I'm irritated beyond measure by his constant talking over his guests and callers, and his sometimes intolerance of divergent views. Just because I like the format of the show, and consider it one of the better morning TV shows, doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a more balanced, considerate, and gentlemanly presenter. In other words, a better presenter. This poll may not bode well for Madeley's future on the show, of course.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard

Vile? That's a bit much isn't it?

I've enjoyed watching Matthew over the years for the most part. he is knowledgeable on a range of topics and can be very witty. He can be annoying and he has his faults.

But Richard is a very refreshing change. His style is smoother, he handles people very well, and he can be very funny (sometimes unintentionally). This sort of show appears to be right up his street. He's very good at it.

It's not a case of stabbing Matthew in the back, it's just that Richard has come along and shown that not only Matthew can do this show.
    Even if he didn't eventually take over on The Wright Stuff I think Channel 5 should seriously consider Richard for another show which may have similarities to TWS.

Out of all the current celebrities who get thrust at us nowadays because they've appeared on a relatively popular show, but without demonstrating any discernible talent, there are people who have been around for a while who are very talented broadcasters and who are perhaps underused.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard
    Richard is a proper journalist, Matthew worked on low rent showbiz columns at the Mirror. Madeley is a class apart and it really shows. Imagine Madeley losing his rag with a caller who disagreed with his views, or, heaven forbid, had an actual opinion of their own? No, me neither.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard

Sorry, well pointed out, will apologise to Matthew when he next comes round mine for tea. Except that's never going to happen, he's a TV presenter, not my friend!!
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Neither of them.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Loyalty doesn't come into it. Nor does friendship. Mathew Wright is not a friend of mine. I admire the way in which he aquires a knowledge of the subjects he covers, and the eloquence with which he is able to discuss them, but I'm irritated beyond measure by his constant talking over his guests and callers, and his sometimes intolerance of divergent views. Just because I like the format of the show, and consider it one of the better morning TV shows, doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a more balanced, considerate, and gentlemanly presenter. In other words, a better presenter. This poll may not bode well for Madeley's future on the show, of course.

ABSOLUTELY, I do like Mathew, although he does make my blood boil on a daily basis, BUT, I do tolerate differing opinions, THIS is where Mathew falls short, I have seen him react to callers who he disagrees with and although they have used no bad language, derogatory terms or name calling he is completely ignorant to them, ALL THE WHILE he allows his panel (lefties usually) to name call to their hearts content!! Richard IS a refreshing change!!
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    Vile? That's a bit much isn't it?

I've enjoyed watching Matthew over the years for the most part. he is knowledgeable on a range of topics and can be very witty. He can be annoying and he has his faults.

But Richard is a very refreshing change. His style is smoother, he handles people very well, and he can be very funny (sometimes unintentionally). This sort of show appears to be right up his street. He's very good at it.

It's not a case of stabbing Matthew in the back, it's just that Richard has come along and shown that not only Matthew can do this show.
    Even if he didn't eventually take over on The Wright Stuff I think Channel 5 should seriously consider Richard for another show which may have similarities to TWS.

Out of all the current celebrities who get thrust at us nowadays because they've appeared on a relatively popular show, but without demonstrating any discernible talent, there are people who have been around for a while who are very talented broadcasters and who are perhaps underused.

Another great post!!!
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard
    Richard is second to none. He was brilliant sitting in for Chris Evans on Radio 2.

He is interesting, respectful, asks challenging and intrusive questions without being a smart arse, is genuinely interested in what people have to say and listens !!!
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew
    The show is called the wright Stuff because it's Matthew Wrights Show what I don't get is everyone watching it and moaning about him if you don't like him why are you watching :) I don't like shows like TOWIE etc so don't watch them it's a no brainier really