Most repeated TV series?

Paul_CullotyPaul_Culloty Posts: 564
Forum Member
✭✭
The runaway RTE winner would be Reeling In The Years - it started off as a rip-off of The Rock and Roll Years, with music accompanying headlines, but due to regularly featuring in top-10 viewership ratings, they wound up doing the entire six decades of RTE archives, the entire run is repeated every summer, and a new series is made every ten years! As for the UK, the Simpsons, Frasier and Friends all appear to be shown daily.

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...As for the UK, the Simpsons, Frasier and Friends all appear to be shown daily.

Those are all very long series. I wonder if the winner would be a kids programme like Bagpuss which only had about 12 episodes?
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some single episodes of Two and a Half Men that were shown over 40 times each during one year, on Comedy Central.
    Double that if you include the +1 channel

However, the channel's scheduling scheme was so completely random that other episodes were only shown less than a dozen times.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Brown's Boys is repeated a lot but I am not complaining I love it
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Friends isn't repeated any more; it's How I Met Your Mother.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Friends isn't repeated any more; it's How I Met Your Mother.
    Comedy Central. Friends is on right now!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Friends is on comedy central 3-6 times day

Only fools must be up there too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Fools & Horses
    Dads Army
    Columbo
    Murder She Wrote
    The Simpsons
    Come Dine With Me
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Comedy Central. Friends is on right now!

. . . And on just about every other night too. Is there ANY day when it is not screened on one channel or another?
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Friends also, and I still watch an odd episode every day as well, still makes me laugh and don't now why but I just find comfort in it if that makes any sense lol.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless >:(
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Frazier (which I love)

I Love Raymond.

Birds of a Feather on Drama has been on a constant link, for it seems, forever!
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Dad's Army. Still pulling in huge audiences almost 50 years after they were first broadcast.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as i saw the title of the thread i thought of Only Fools & Horses just because Gold seem to show it constantly.

MASH is another show that Comedy Central seemed to have on a constant loop.When they finished showing all the seasons they would start back up again from season 1.

It now looks like True Ent & True Drama are now showing MASH on a daily basis with each channel showing different episodes.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to say Doctor Who, but I can't:(. All five series of Star Trek are repeated quite a lot though?
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just saying the other day that Comedy Central should be re-named the Friends Channel. Not that I mind, I still love it all these years later and if there is ever a gap in programs I want to watch you can just about guarantee Friends will be on, on CC or CC+1.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daytime TV, Homes under the hammer, Escape to the country, Bargain Hunt.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was said that I Love Lucy/The Lucy Show was on somewhere in the world at any time of the day all the time, but that was a long time back.
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Six O'Clock News........:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Friends
    Two And A Half Men
    Only Fools and Horses (I like this show but I do think it's repeated too often)
    Property and antiques shows
    Come Dine With Me
  • Allan_MorseAllan_Morse Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Judge Judy :o
    It is on 5 different channels at the moment :- Ci ,ITV3,CBS Reality,CBS Action and Lifetime !!!!!!
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until fairly recently, whole 2003/04 series' of Top Gear on Dave 4 times a day began to grate. They seem to be airing stuff from the last couple of years now, however.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    US shows such as Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother are all rotated extremely heavily.

Of our home-grown shows, Only Fools and Horses, Dad's Army and Last of the Summer Wine must account for many hours of repeats per year. However, for sheer relentless rotation of very little content, the 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers have been running on a loop on UK Gold/GOLD since the early 90s.
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Family Guy and American Dad on BBCThree: A week of shows, then a 'stack' of about 10 shows at the weekend - all of which are the exact same shows that have been on throughout the week, in the same order - then the following week, it's the same shows on the same nights again :confused:
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Six O'Clock News........:D

I was going to reply with at least they change the content every day. But more often than not, it's the same as every other day.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NCIS re-runs are constantly on both Fox and Universal.....the latter also showing endless repeats of the Law And Order franchise, especially SVU