Options

Have Humax Abandoned the Foxsat?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that some of the strings were less than ideal and I think the CS manager has been over them again to feedback for the future releases. During the initial development some text for new features was written by the (Korean) engineers alone and unfortunately while focusing on testing the functionality we native speakers neglected to read the text critically (probably because on some level it made sense).

I'll check that the strings have been reviewed for the next version.

I note from elsewhere someone asked if we had 'forgotten' the HDR and the answer is of course no: I have six engineers in my office working overtime to get the next version out.

Bob

Edit: We actually pride ourselves on having consistent wording in our UIs and manuals; even between languages we try to ensure the best word choice and stick with it. But there is a difference between what the engineers can do and the work of those who's job it is to handle the translations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Thanks Bob, look forward to the next release.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well,if it's now all come down to how things are worded,praps things aint so bad after all.:)
  • Options
    LengsterLengster Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bob. :D
  • Options
    AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Cat wrote: »
    I agree that some of the strings were less than ideal and I think the CS manager has been over them again to feedback for the future releases. During the initial development some text for new features was written by the (Korean) engineers alone and unfortunately while focusing on testing the functionality we native speakers neglected to read the text critically (probably because on some level it made sense).

I'll check that the strings have been reviewed for the next version.

I note from elsewhere someone asked if we had 'forgotten' the HDR and the answer is of course no: I have six engineers in my office working overtime to get the next version out.

Bob

Edit: We actually pride ourselves on having consistent wording in our UIs and manuals; even between languages we try to ensure the best word choice and stick with it. But there is a difference between what the engineers can do and the work of those who's job it is to handle the translations.
    Thanks as ever bob..... I'm buying my box in the next few weeks and all I can say is that I am looking forward to it.

Terran