Options

Big Brother 6 : A Retrospective

2»

Comments

• Options
    kwaku_agkwaku_ag Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Bumping this thread.

I've just finished rewatching BB6 on YouTube and I appreciate the series much more now than I did back in 2005. I'd say that during the 11 weeks, the series never had a single dull moment and was entertaining throughout. Usually with Big Brother, a series can often lose momentum after certain housemates leave or when tasks become stale. The great thing about BB6 was that it was consistently good from start to finish and that was down to the compelling housemates, the brilliant tasks and the well executed and unexpected twists.

Firstly, there were no floaters in BB6, every housemate (even those that had been evicted very early on) contributed to the series by providing either drama or humour. Even the 'boring' housemates Vanessa and Orlaith had their moments of brilliance every now and again. Most of the housemates were very confrontational and obnoxious but their wittiness and INTELLIGENCE made them far more likable,especially than the current crop of housemates in BB13.

I agree with the OP, Craig/Anthony was probably the best BB 'romance'. Although they weren't technically a couple, their friendship had its ups and downs and it was definitely very interesting to watch them go through a number of emotions. Makosi was just pure gold, a complete gameplayer and a drama queen. She excelled in her secret missions and was never shy to mess with her fellow housemates' heads. Although being annoying, Science had some great one liners ('Tweedledum, tweedledee and tweedletwat'). So, did Kemal ('I may wear stilletos but I still have balls' & 'At least someone got wet tonight and it wasn't Saskia') as well as Derek ('Science makes me want to be a member of the BNP').

The tasks were brilliant. The box task and the Room 101 task were hilarious to watch. I thought the 2 Lies task was amazing - resulting in one of the best BB twists of all time, with the housemates who refused to nominate being put up for eviction instead of those who did.

BB6 had the ability to make you cry, laugh, get angry as well as CRINGE (the infamous pool orgy episode springs to mind).

I also think the Secret Garden task/Cidergate/Saskia's eviction was one of the best weeks in Big Brother.
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB6 was awesome, even the crap housemates were memorable.