Options

Anyone else hate the light evenings?

dean wellsdean wells Posts: 930
Forum Member
✭✭
God i really this now it should be dark at night time ,you get in have a shower/bath evening meal and you just want to shut the curtains relax and watch tv :mad: , all peope outside having partys/BBQS so annoying :o

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grumpy grumpy spoilsport! :D
  • Options
    The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree, I don't like it either :o
  • Options
    macuk83macuk83 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn them people making the most of the daylight and having fun.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are a vampire and I claim my five pounds.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love love love them. Birds singing, gardening in the evening walking dogs in daylight. Sitting outside with a glass of wine, Bliss.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    It is confusing my budgies. They don't want to go to bed.
  • Options
    Johnny CashJohnny Cash Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do they have beds?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    dean wells wrote: »
    God i really this now it should be dark at night time ,you get in have a shower/bath evening meal and you just want to shut the curtains relax and watch tv :mad: , all peope outside having partys/BBQS so annoying :o

perhaps try relocating to alaska....or would that be to far to travel to work ?
  • Options
    belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate bright mornings more tbh. When i get up in the morning and head off to uni I dont want a nice sunny day that i cant enjoy, i want cloud and rain so everyone is as miserable as me. Also, when i wake up from a "heavy" night my eyes are a bit sensitive and id rather just have nice darkness.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I don't like the light at any time, and this 'extra' hour in the evening is just another hour of waiting until it gets dark for me.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do, especially when it's accompanied by hot weather. I prefer it when it's already dark when I finish work. I also prefer it when it's overcast in the day too. It's a less talked about form of S.A.D I guess. :(
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    "Just because it's light doesn't mean it's not 10PM and a school night!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time do you lot like it to get dark then ? peak of the summer is unbearable for me its liek 9.45pm sunset in the uk not fully dark till 10,30pm:mad:
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I don't like them. I had a mental breakdown during the summer, years ago, and the light warm evenings always remind me of it.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the lighter mornings and evenings, it makes me feel glad to be alive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I like the light nights and warmer weather. Saves a fortune on heating and lighting :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do, especially when it's accompanied by hot weather. I prefer it when it's already dark when I finish work. I also prefer it when it's overcast in the day too. It's a less talked about form of S.A.D I guess. :(

why the hell do people like really hot weather thats another thing i cant stand in the summer ,sweating all the bloody time ,cant sleep at night too hot,horrible absolutley rubbish,id rather stick hot needles in my eyes if it means having no summer :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    i love it, lots of over time for me :p
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why the hell do people like really hot weather thats another thing i cant stand in the summer ,sweating all the bloody time ,cant sleep at night too hot,horrible absolutley rubbish,id rather stick hot needles in my eyes if it means having no summer :mad:

I think you might have mentioned this before??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

because they are different to you.
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind light nights (saves on leccy!!) but I am not keen that someone switched my mornings in to darkness again!!!! Grr:D
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the light evenings and am really upset we have reached that point again when it stays light later and later, and it seems like it is going on forever. I try to console myself with the thought that there are only twelve weeks until the nights start drawing in, but it will feel more like twelve months. Then we will have the heat and humidity and unpleasantly strong sun, and those haven't really got going yet.

Without any doubt, this is my least favoutite part of the year.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    These light evenings are ridiculous and horrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like them either.....will get used to it, the body and mind will take time.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member

They'll be having sex soon.

My budgies go bed about 9 anyway and it's dark now so no worries.