Humax HDR-1000S Firmware Update 1.00.16 - Now Available

jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 37
Forum Member
So, the first update for the HDR-1000S is now available, I've had a good root around, but can't see a single obvious change. I presume it's all minor bug fixes.

In my brief testing with iPlayer it seems more robust, and I haven't had any stuttering issues like before, it now seems to have a new buffering phase to sort that. But it still can't do HD when accessed from 'freetime'.

Hopefully a full changelog will come out soon.

Anyone else notice any changes?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    The picture on ITV player seems to look better. I would have liked to have seen a download option on iPlayer like you get with the iPad and you can download the show and have 30 days to watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    is the firmware update automatic or manual

scrap that i already have software version UKSFAA1.00.16

altho says update date was 3rd december
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    is the firmware update automatic or manual

scrap that i already have software version UKSFAA1.00.16

altho says update date was 3rd december

I think the date is the date compiled (pre all testing by Humax and freesat).
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I think the date is the date compiled (pre all testing by Humax and freesat).

just as i thought, thanks for confirming :)
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    They'd be better off using real world users, or getting better internal testers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that the G2 epg data is new and was developed and changed at the same time as the software. As a part of a software deveoper team a while back complete I know redesigns yield more problems than version upgrades for updated hardware.
    Forum Member
    Hi Repassac,

I'm also a software developer so I appreciate there are going to be problems which are found when the units are out in there thousands. However, we're talking basic and stupid bugs here.

The new software release is worse than the original for unattended timed recordings, a bug which was highlighted on this and other forums. They really need to get this tested properly before releasing a general update to everyone. It will get them and Humax a bad name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul1962 wrote: »
    Hi Repassac,

I'm also a software developer so I appreciate there are going to be problems which are found when the units are out in there thousands. However, we're talking basic and stupid bugs here.

The new software release is worse than the original for unattended timed recordings, a bug which was highlighted on this and other forums. They really need to get this tested properly before releasing a general update to everyone. It will get them and Humax a bad name.

I was just pointing out this was an not an normal situation given the normal heavy use of a test platform. Then I wonder what I would decide to do as a Product Manager?

BTW whqt happened to the new origional freesat new G partner ?
  • Edward DrexelEdward Drexel Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    jcwacky wrote: »
    So, the first update for the HDR-1000S is now available[...]
    Hopefully a full changelog will come out soon. Anyone else notice any changes?
    A couple of things I think have changed:
    (i) Pressing 'record' when you've found a programme via search now sets the selected programme to record - before it used to start recording the current channel.
    (ii) Repeatedly pressing "Skip Forward" while watching a recording used to whizz one through the programme - now the box just seems to get generally confused.

So one good thing, one bad thing, and the most important thing (unreliability of recordings) seemingly ignored.....
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So one good thing, one bad thing, and the most important thing (unreliability of recordings) seemingly ignored.....

Not ignored, finding the reason is proving hard. Some of us are trying out different scanarios overnight, feel free to join in the fun :D

Not noticed forward skip is any different, but will give it a try tommorow. Ad skipping still works on my box.
  • BlueberrymanBlueberryman Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Not ignored, finding the reason is proving hard. Some of us are trying out different scanarios overnight, feel free to join in the fun :D

Not noticed forward skip is any different, but will give it a try tommorow. Ad skipping still works on my box.

Sometimes, skip forward takes us back to the start of the programme. (usually when SWMBO is doing it, she gets VERY annoyed). Didn't have this problem before the software upgrade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Sometimes, skip forward takes us back to the start of the programme. (usually when SWMBO is doing it, she gets VERY annoyed). Didn't have this problem before the software upgrade.

I've only found that when streaming either an .avi or .mp4 file on my network.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When a programme plays and gets to the end it is flagged as played and then the marker is set to start of file. I guess the same happens when you skip past the end.
    Forum Member
    The problem of starting playback at the beginning of a recording after pressing skip forward twice fast happens regardless of where you are in the recording so it's not a problem of skipping past the end.
    Just tried it on a 1.5 hour recording, 10minutes in, pressed skip forward twice fast and it was back at the beginning again :(
    Also pressing the reverse button (x2,x4,x8 etc) doesn't always reverse. Sometimes I have to fast forward in order for the reverse to work.

Have the improved network streaming at all with regard to number of files it finds ? Original software seemingly found a random number of playable files each time.
    As I'm not currently prepared to put up with the 42MB/hour internet use the box requires my box isn't connected to the network. Might considere reconnecting now I've the option of unlimited from my ISP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On mine forward skip does nothing if less than 2 minutes from the end unless you keep trying multiple times.

Could the OP's problem be down to thinking the skip has stopped working and trying again and again :D

Just remembered wasn't there a problem with a few BBC recordings when timeshifting didn't work. The problem went away the following day.

Tried Rude Tube Christmas Cracker, Downton Abbey, Call The Midwife all work OK. Jumped forward about 10 times no problem.

EDIT

Just managed to reproduce this by pressing the skip button really quickly twice.
  • NathanNathan Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not have any problems with iplayer before the new firmware, now I cannot play anything, the menus load and when you select a programme. it just goes to a black screen for 4 seconds, exits the app and returns to the "To start, press RED".

and before you say it is something wrong with my set up..... ITV player is working just fine.....

I've now had it with this box, it is now officially totally unfit for purpose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since the new firmware, trying to playback a remote video file over DLNA,
    if you press pause and then play it jumps back to near the start.
    If you try and rewind it will not go back
    and if you jump forward it goes back to the start!

This box gets more useless by the day. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ohh baubles, xmas must b playing tricks, i was certain i set the power on/off for 0500 - 0515 but was still on just now when got up, doh i musta forgot to click 'save' on the power off timer.... either that or the xmas ghost has visited lol.....

hope they get a fix soo n, i mean its not often i record early so i can always have had the box on before it needs to tape but still its a massive inconvenience and also the worry of not knowing if summats gonna tape or not, sorry record not tape lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markdyer72 - My 2 mins start padding (End: Aurto) is working well for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathan wrote: »
    Since the new firmware, trying to playback a remote video file over DLNA,
    if you press pause and then play it jumps back to near the start.
    If you try and rewind it will not go back
    and if you jump forward it goes back to the start!

This box gets more useless by the day. :mad:

after messing about a bit and multiple reboots to no avail, I found that if I did a search in iplayer for a programnme and selected the result, it worked.
    After that it is working normally.
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    markdyer72 - My 2 mins start padding (End: Aurto) is working well for me.

is that without having the need to set power on/off, and also i am assuming it would still work recording concurrent programmes one that starts straight after 1 has finished and also if they are on the same time on different channels, same rules apply in that respect that as long as box is off.

think will turn off the power on/off settings and try the 2 min padding, just incase the box isnt switched on thru day and i require recording later on that evening...
    Forum Member
    is that without having the need to set power on/off, and also i am assuming it would still work recording concurrent programmes one that starts straight after 1 has finished and also if they are on the same time on different channels, same rules apply in that respect that as long as box is off.

think will turn off the power on/off settings and try the 2 min padding, just incase the box isnt switched on thru day and i require recording later on that evening...

do u only get so long to edit ur own post.....

also if u have padding at the start and auto for end, does that mean if the programmed over runs it will carry on recording till the end the programme.....
    Forum Member
    well the power on/off switched off and the padding set to 2 minutes at beginning worked a treatr, will leave it recording to see if stops at the end as still have end set to auto
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well the power on/off switched off and the padding set to 2 minutes at beginning worked a treatr, will leave it recording to see if stops at the end as still have end set to auto

Do you have the daily BBC1-HD Breakfast programme scheduled ?.

If not could you set it for tommorow to see if padding with no overnight boot programmed allows this to be recorded. ?
    Forum Member
    Do you have the daily BBC1-HD Breakfast programme scheduled ?.

If not could you set it for tommorow to see if padding with no overnight boot programmed allows this to be recorded. ?

yep will set that for tomorro i had the princess diaries set to record at 9am this morning with 2 min padding and no auto boot and it recorded and just checked and got the whole lot.... will test out with bbc1 hd breakfast tomorro morning....

another niggle i have found is if ya skip forward the recording if ya do it a bit too fast it goes back to the beginning, and also sometimes when ya FF 32x it does it too....

will report back with mornin recordings, assuming thats the 6am one tomorro )saturday) morning :)