EE: Great Aunt Madge Mitchell

GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
Forum Member
Does anyone know whether she's still alive? I found this about her.

A great aunt of Phil Mitchell, who appears at her great-great niece Louise's "naming party", where her name is changed from Fowler to Mitchell. At the party she bores her great-great nephew, Jamie with her stories of the First World War. Peggy Mitchell reveals that Madge is 100 years old.

She should be 112 if she is still alive and if not the Walford Mitchell clan failed to attend her funeral. How poor :cry:

Comments

• Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not. Jamie would be 32 this year if he was alive so a great-great relative would probably be 90-100 now, that's even if we assume that Peggy was lying about her age.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Grr. I get really peeved about continuity in EE. we don't ever hear of Clive, Harry or Charlie Mitchell, nor Robbie Jackson and his family, Suzy, April, Jack, Kevin and Rebecca to name a few. We don't even get the weekly phone call from Michelle anymore!
    Forum Member
    Grr. I get really peeved about continuity in EE. we don't ever hear of Clive, Harry or Charlie Mitchell, nor Robbie Jackson and his family, Suzy, April, Jack, Kevin and Rebecca to name a few.

We don't even get the weekly phone call from Michelle anymore!
  • AngieWattsFanAngieWattsFan Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Grr. I get really peeved about continuity in EE. we don't ever hear of Clive, Harry or Charlie Mitchell, nor Robbie Jackson and his family, Suzy, April, Jack, Kevin and Rebecca to name a few.

We don't even get the weekly phone call from Michelle anymore!
    Well Michelle is referred to quite a bit. Carol mentioned April and Suzy as well as Kevin and Rebecca but made no mention of Robbie's family. Perhaps we could have Branning Re-modernisation 2 and bring back April and Suzy with Suzy's children too.
  • AngieWattsFanAngieWattsFan Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I think Dennis Waterman would make a good Clive Mitchell. Clive should definitely come back.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i remember her but she definately couldnt have been a mitchel as she was peggys side of family. she was peggys auntie
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the show wants to keep The Mitchells a strong force for the future, then introducing Clive and his clan would be a good move.
  • KB1984KB1984 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    lol wasn't Madge in Neighbours Madge Mitchell when she first appeared?
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    i remember her but she definately couldnt have been a mitchel as she was peggys side of family. she was peggys auntie

Great Aunt Madge Mitchell | Great Aunt of Phil, Sam and Grant's
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember her at all
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KB1984 wrote: »
    lol wasn't Madge in Neighbours Madge Mitchell when she first appeared?

Definitely. She was Madge Mitchell when she arrived in Neighbours. Her children were Charlene Mitchell and Henry Mitchell. Early on though, with her brother Max Ramsay gone and his hastily added replacement, (brother) Tom Ramsay lasting only a few months I think the makers of the show wanted to restore the name 'Ramsay' to their loud, working class family in that house. So one day Madge arrived home with an announcement "Kids, I know how we can be free of the hassle of being associated with my ex-/your despicable father Fred Mitchell: let's all change our surname to Ramsay." (Ramsay having been her maiden name.) They all did, and that was that.

When Henry Mitchell's portrayer Craig McLachlan left Neighbours and started with Home and Away in 1990, his H&A character was named Grant Mitchell.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    I think Dennis Waterman would make a good Clive Mitchell. Clive should definitely come back.

Dennis Waterman would never do Eastenders. :)