EE: Who owns the Butchers/Jacksons' house?

wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does Janine still own the Butchers' house? If so, I wonder if they are still paying rent to Janine?

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    Janine owns quite a few properties on the square still. There has been no mention that she has sold them onscreen.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She sold a few to earn money to buy the Vic eg Butchers Joints, her share in R&R and some of the properties but I assume Janine still owns Butcher house
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    She sold the house she'd actually been licing in (where Michael died) to Ronnie and Roxy in April.

I assume she still owns the Jacksons and they probably did duck out of paying rent when she was in Prison and then abroad. If they have been paying it over the last 9 months, David has probably been taking care of it out of money he nicked off Janine.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the writers even know at this point.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I imagine Janine still owns it. If she'd sold it on Bianca couldn't afford the rent...Janine was charging her a reduced rent.
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I imagine Janine still owns it. If she'd sold it on Bianca couldn't afford the rent...Janine was charging her a reduced rent.

Something which Bianca never displayed one iota of appreciation or gratitude for - it just seemed to be expected because Ricky's kids lived there.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    I'm not sure the writers even know at this point.

Exactly, the quality of the writing at the moment is shocking.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Something which Bianca never displayed one iota of appreciation or gratitude for - it just seemed to be expected because Ricky's kids lived there.

Typical Bianca, her attitude in life stinks, she has no respect for anything anyone does for her.
    Forum Member

Considering Janine cheated Pat out of the house over a £5000 debt I don't blame her. Bianca and the kids were due to inherit the house as far as I remember.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can only hope Janine returns to evict every one of them.
    Forum Member
    Considering Janine cheated Pat out of the house over a £5000 debt I don't blame her. Bianca and the kids were due to inherit the house as far as I remember.

Unless we were ever told on screen that Pat had changed her will to cut out her sons (David and Simon) and her other grandchildren (Joe and Simon's kids) in favor of Bianca alone that is quite a leap. If it was being done normally, her kids would inherit it and they'd either sell dividing the proceeds or they'd have rented it to Bianca. It's relatively rare for inheritances to go directly to grand children.

Also, from memory, Janine loaned the money with the house as collateral and didn't become the owner until they'd defaulted. And she was willing to give them the money when banks apparently weren't. This was also at a time when they were all treating her like dirt so why should she do them favors? As soon as she found out Pat was dying she backed off and has been very good to them financially ever since even though they all continue to treat her like shit most of the time. Basically, they give no consideration or respect for being family but expect her to treat them as it. Which is Bianca with everyone - she's the same with Ian. Only time she mentions they are related was when he'd reprimand her for being crap at the cafe - which she was most of time or when she wants money from him.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it Sam Mitchell's house conned out of her by Andy or have I imagined this?
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was. I loved that Xmas scene when Andy kicked her out, ripped the ring off her finger then went back inside and ate Xmas cake singing to Xmas carols. Loved Andy.
    Forum Member
    Unless we were ever told on screen that Pat had changed her will to cut out her sons (David and Simon) and her other grandchildren (Joe and Simon's kids) in favor of Bianca alone that is quite a leap. If it was being done normally, her kids would inherit it and they'd either sell dividing the proceeds or they'd have rented it to Bianca. It's relatively rare for inheritances to go directly to grand children.

Also, from memory, Janine loaned the money with the house as collateral and didn't become the owner until they'd defaulted. And she was willing to give them the money when banks apparently weren't. This was also at a time when they were all treating her like dirt so why should she do them favors? As soon as she found out Pat was dying she backed off and has been very good to them financially ever since even though they all continue to treat her like shit most of the time. Basically, they give no consideration or respect for being family but expect her to treat them as it. Which is Bianca with everyone - she's the same with Ian. Only time she mentions they are related was when he'd reprimand her for being crap at the cafe - which she was most of time or when she wants money from him.

She didn't leave anything to David and Simon. Not sure about her other grandchildren though, but Bianca and her children were beneficiaries.

When it comes to Bianca and Janine it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Janine only treats her and her kids as family when it suits her. She was the one who pimped out Whitney to line her own pockets. As for Ian, he's never wanted to know David's family.
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Wasn't it Sam Mitchell's house conned out of her by Andy or have I imagined this?

Yes, who then left it to Pat when he died about 6 weeks later. If we're really getting into morals you could argue that Pat should have deeded it back to Sam as it was a proceed of fraud.
    Forum Member
    She didn't leave anything to David and Simon. Not sure about her other grandchildren though, but Bianca and her children were beneficiaries.

When it comes to Bianca and Janine it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Janine only treats her and her kids as family when it suits her. She was the one who pimped out Whitney to line her own pockets. As for Ian, he's never wanted to know David's family.

Okay, it probably would have gone to them but perhaps she excluded Simon because he had just benefitted from her selling the house so she felt he'd already been taken care of and she was angry at David for having cheated with his sister in law.

There's no telling what she'd have done if she hadn't had to bail Simon out weeks earlier. It would seem rather cruel to cut him (and his kids) out as they seemed to have a good relationship - she'd been to visit him several times and he'd even asked her to go and live out there with him.

Ian and Janine are far from perfect I agree but I suspect Ian at least would make more of an effort if Bianca didn't make her dislike so obvious. It doesn't alter the fact that most of the time she doesn't want anything to do with him, indeed is quite scornful towards him but will pull out the family card if she needs help (ie money). She's a user as far as i'm concerned.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I wonder what will happen to the house when Bianca leaves? Maybe Sonia may move in?
    Forum Member
    Okay, it probably would have gone to them but perhaps she excluded Simon because he had just benefitted from her selling the house so she felt he'd already been taken care of and she was angry at David for having cheated with his sister in law.

There's no telling what she'd have done if she hadn't had to bail Simon out weeks earlier. It would seem rather cruel to cut him (and his kids) out as they seemed to have a good relationship - she'd been to visit him several times and he'd even asked her to go and live out there with him.

Ian and Janine are far from perfect I agree but I suspect Ian at least would make more of an effort if Bianca didn't make her dislike so obvious. It doesn't alter the fact that most of the time she doesn't want anything to do with him, indeed is quite scornful towards him but will pull out the family card if she needs help (ie money). She's a user as far as i'm concerned.

We'll have to agree to disagree over that one. Ian has always made it quite clear that he considers Bianca and her children as scum. He is the worst sort of snob in my book, and I can't abide snobs, especially those like Ian who has made such a crap job of his own life.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian has never really regarded Bianca as family but he has never asked or expected anything from her either. Bianca on the other hand is happy to play the "i'm your niece" card when she wants a job or a loan etc however when life's good she treats Ian like dirt. At least he is not a hypocrite and is consistent in his attitude towards her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, who then left it to Pat when he died about 6 weeks later. If we're really getting into morals you could argue that Pat should have deeded it back to Sam as it was a proceed of fraud.

I thought so! I'm surprised Phil never tried to get it back. He's not known for his saintly qualities. :D
    Forum Member
    I thought so! I'm surprised Phil never tried to get it back. He's not known for his saintly qualities. :D

Pats done the Mitchells enough favours over the years so I think they let it go in the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Pats done the Mitchells enough favours over the years so I think they let it go in the end.

I seem to recall Peggy looking at the bar Pat put in the lounge with horror. :D Good times.
    Forum Member
    I seem to recall Peggy looking at the bar Pat put in the lounge with horror. :D Good times.

Pats been gone two and a half years and they haven#t bothered to decorate either which i love :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Pats been gone two and a half years and they haven#t bothered to decorate either which i love :D

What about Carol and David having rumpy pumpy on her death bed. :o Did they even change the sheets? :o
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philth must own it - he 'owns' everyone and everything in the Omniverse including God.