Options

Three unlimited tethering one plan.finishes very soon.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Ive been on 3 PAYG, and buy an all in one £15 voucher every month, and i use my phone as a hotspot and ive never had a problem, used 5gb last month, but ive downloaded a whole series one month a while back 30gb, no problem then either, maybe im lucky, but ive never been restricted or capped in any way.:confused:
  • Options
    heidthebaheidtheba Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Ive been on 3 PAYG, and buy an all in one £15 voucher every month, and i use my phone as a hotspot and ive never had a problem, used 5gb last month, but ive downloaded a whole series one month a while back 30gb, no problem then either, maybe im lucky, but ive never been restricted or capped in any way.:confused:

Which is what the thread is about.....it is stopping.

Very soon.

And 30gig? mwahahaha, usually more than double that.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    heidtheba wrote: »
    Which is what the thread is about.....it is stopping.

Very soon.

And 30gig? mwahahaha, usually more than double that.
    Not seeing any indication of this on three website, i was still on unlimited data yesterday, and just topped up and still on it now.

PAYG has always stated that tethering was not allowed AT ALL, but i always used it with no probs.

So all the Pay as you go add ons are changing?....when?...and to what?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Pay as you go isn't changing.

What's changing is Three's SIM Only tariffs.

But you should be aware (as you stated above) that Tethering isn't allowed on pay as you go and Three can block this at any time as they have done on their Pay monthly tariffs. Whilst you may be able to get away with it now you may not be able to get away with it in the future.

Hence why everyone is saying to buy the One Plan SIM Only now before it gets removed.
  • Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    You can't add it on the £6.90 deal. I remember this being posted to HUKD last year and Three pulled the add on for that sim plan. You can add the £3 add on to the £9.90 12 month plan though.

Thanks for that. I had looked around on the Three website and in the price guide and there wasn't anything obvious that said the £6.90 deal (Essential Internet 200 for 12 months) couldn't have the £3 AYCE add-on, but after your post I searched around the net more thoroughly and found references to it no longer being a possible combination (on HUKD and elsewhere), and eventually found the relevant bit on the Three website, on the T&Cs for AYCE data page (not the T&Cs for Add-ons page where I'd looked before) - for reference it reads:
    Are you an existing customer on any of our pay monthly plans (except our Essential Internet 200 plan)? You can get All You Can Eat Data for the remainder of your contract at an additional cost of £3 per month.

So I've gone for the £9.90 deal instead (Essential Internet 600 for 12 months), with the view to getting the £3 AYCE data add-on activated once the SIM has arrived - despite the fact the new tariffs will have gone live by that point, I should (I hope) still be eligible to get the £3 AYCE data add-on given I'll have an old-style contract.

(Looking at the post 18 March price guide for contracts with handsets, it states the AYCE data add-on is only available "If your plan comes with 2 GB data or you’ve previously added the Add 1GB long term add-on" - I imagine the new SIM-only tariffs will mirror that.)