Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    LOL..someone sang The Silence on the Xfactor before she has :eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-LtkVgbxz0

:D

My poor ears after that:( Awful wailing and just completely out of tune.

I'm worried that The Silence won't even make the top 10 at this rate:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will fly up but it's looking like there will be nothing to keep it up there for a whole week. Even the video is getting played less and she's normally a favourite on music channels. Shayne got as high as #3 on itunes and fell off rapidly afterwards. Xfactor can only boost up sales...it can't help you sustain your position in the charts for longer than a few days without radio/TV airplay.

It's an excellent platform, and I'm sure she'll nab another top 10 with it. She's much more established than Shayne is and has much better material.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    I take it this peaking too early isn't a concern anymore?

Hate to sound like a broken record, but they really should have released Perfect. It is much more contemporary and is written by the man of the moment Bruno Mars. It was always a risk with the Silence regarding airplay, as it has such an '80's power ballad sound that just isn't radio friendly at the moment.

Having said that, if there's one song she can slay on the x-factor, this is it.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason the single isn't doing anything is because of promotion. She's done nothing whatsoever to promote. Simon is obviously just banking on X Factor, but I doubt it will work. I think it will reach number 9 at the most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The problem is primarily lack of airplay. It's not in the top 50 tv or radio charts. No amount of promotion can compensate for lack of airplay.

The fact that no-one seems to know if this is actually going to be released or not isn't helping.
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    She should have performed this at T4 and CIN..
    I've heard it twice on Capital FM today...so things are moving along finally. It's just not moving on itunes...surely people must know it's already out there to download?.
  • Options
    Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is Alex going on X factor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5th of December as the album is out the following day. Nothing is confirmed yet, though.

The deluxe edition is at #11 on pre-orders at HMV and #18 on Amazon & Play.Com Too bad the single is not doing anything..those numbers would've been higher.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, just popping in to say I absolutely love The Silence, my favourite track. I will certainly be buying this and the new album. I am a massive Leona fan, but also love Alex. I never believed that The Silence would be released. Really hoping for No 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Hello, just popping in to say I absolutely love The Silence, my favourite track. I will certainly be buying this and the new album. I am a massive Leona fan, but also love Alex. I never believed that The Silence would be released. Really hoping for No 1.

Unfortunately I think a number 1 is out of the question. The song's too old now.

However, I think a killer performance on the x-factor is on it's way.:)
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think a number 1 is out of the question. The song's too old now.

However, I think a killer performance on the x-factor is on it's way.:)

Don't rule it out just yet. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely no chance of #1. It'd be the biggest (and best) shock of the year if it did.

I've still got my fingers crossed for top ten, it's looking unlikely at the moment.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it will make no 1. You have to remember that a lot of the XF audience do not use these sort of forums etc and will be blown away by TS. I sort of liken it to when Leona was on XF and everyone was expecting her to sing Forgive Me but she sang Run, there was a huge demand for this after that performance. An epic ballad in front of a large TV audience will surely do it. No, I am sure she will be no 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Run was a previously unreleased song. The Silence is off an album that has already sold 600k+, so won't have the same impact. If she is on the week of the semi-final the viewing figures will probably be in excess of 16 million. So there's every chance it could do well. It all depends on if she nails the performance.

I'd rather people went out and bought the deluxe though.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Run was a previously unreleased song. The Silence is off an album that has already sold 600k+, so won't have the same impact. If she is on the week of the semi-final the viewing figures will probably be in excess of 16 million. So there's every chance it could do well. It all depends on if she nails the performance.

I'd rather people went out and bought the deluxe though.

Not if she nails it, we KNOW SHE WILL!:D

I agree about the deluxe version.Can't wait to see Alex on tour in Feb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished an amazing session with my boy @iSHi_2Stripes and Autumn ... Now on to the next one :) x

He produced Tinie's "Written in The Stars"....

I just realised it's only 9/10 months until we hear the lead single of the second album :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He produced Tinie's "Written in The Stars"....

I just realised it's only 9/10 months until we hear the lead single of the second album :D

I think they might follow the same format as JLS and release early summer, then have a second single drop around x-factor time before the album. She doesn't have a huge fanbase, and can't afford to disappear off the scene for 10 months. Look what happened to Leona in the second era, and she had a much bigger first era than Alex.

I know she has the tour coming up, but most people there will be fans already. If she waits too long between singles she may struggle for airplay as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think they might follow the same format as JLS and release early summer, then have a second single drop around x-factor time before the album. She doesn't have a huge fanbase, and can't afford to disappear off the scene for 10 months. Look what happened to Leona in the second era, and she had a much bigger first era than Alex.
    I know she has the tour coming up, but most people there will be fans already. If she waits too long between singles she may struggle for airplay as well.

She's built up quite a nice profile on Radio...she has given them a string of hits...if her future output is as strong or even stronger...they'll play it.

The problem is, if the first single is great and becomes a huge hit...the second single might pale in comparison which means she'll lose out on album sales. Leona came back with an album with no hits and nothing on it was radio friendly.

Alex said she'll be recording in the US after the tour...the 2 single approach is quite risky but could work if they hold back something stronger for the second single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They could release Start Without You part 2 in the Summer and then a better single in October/November.

I know you'll like that idea Liya.:D
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Alex to duet with Cheryl Cole. Another Promise This would be heaven. TOO CATCHY! I can't get it out of my head alouette alouette...
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of Alex's tweets lately have been regarding radio interviews etc. It seems for the past 2 or so weeks actually thats she's been at different radio stations. I'm wondering if Syco have maybe decided to get her to concentrate on just radio promotion for this single, to try and get radio on her side for the future. Does anyone have an update on tv airplay, radio play, itunes chart update etc for the single?
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any news on the release of 'the silence', that seemed all up in the air? I really want that single mix in HQ!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A lot of Alex's tweets lately have been regarding radio interviews etc. It seems for the past 2 or so weeks actually thats she's been at different radio stations. I'm wondering if Syco have maybe decided to get her to concentrate on just radio promotion for this single, to try and get radio on her side for the future. Does anyone have an update on tv airplay, radio play, itunes chart update etc for the single?

She's focusing on the tour more than anything.

#144 on iTunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    Is there any news on the release of 'the silence', that seemed all up in the air? I really want that single mix in HQ!

The repackage will be released on the 6th of December...the single mix can be cherry picked from the album...there's no physical release this time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They could release Start Without You part 2 in the Summer and then a better single in October/November.
    I know you'll like that idea Liya.:D

That would be a nightmare :eek:

I'm just looking forward to her Xfactor performance, not that bothered about how the single will do. I'm nervous already :o
This discussion has been closed.