Options

Anorexic celebrities

fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which celebrities do you feel are suffering from anorexia?

Reason for creating this thread: I'm bored :D

Comments

• Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't like to speculate, it would be too easy to be totally wrong.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like 70% of celebs look positively starved!

Demi Moore is rather scrawny recently, eh?
  • Options
    ZenetheaZenethea Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    If any of them were we'd already know about it as they would have sold their stories to the papers.

Celebrities don't really get anorexic anyway because of doctors do they?
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very few indeed. There is a difference between being a bit thin and actually suffering from anorexia.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Zenethea wrote: »
    If any of them were we'd already know about it as they would have sold their stories to the papers.

http://www.edreferral.com/Celebrities_who_died_or_have_Eating_Disorders.htm
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very few indeed. There is a difference between being a bit thin and actually suffering from anorexia.

Yes for instance the girl who married Prince William (I can't remember her name and can't be bothered to google it) always looks incredibly skinny but I doubt she's anorexic.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just had a quick read through that :eek: So pretty much the entire case of Ally McBeal then - and it's quite shocking the way the three of them (Flockhart, Di Rossi and Courtney wotsername) all seem to link it to the show and/or showbusiness pressures. There's something quite sinister about that.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Never realised there were so many. :eek: Only one that I could think of was Karen Carpenter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric Pickles;)
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was Audrey Hepburn not very thin because of her childhood in WW2 and due to ballet?

Though it would make sense she'd be "strange" about food in times of stress given past traumas.

I've always wondered, is the desire to be famous (in many cases) a sign of a mental health illness, or is it the cause of their poor mental health?
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Audrey Hepburn not very thin because of her childhood in WW2 and due to ballet?

Though it would make sense she'd be "strange" about food in times of stress given past traumas.

I've always wondered, is the desire to be famous (in many cases) a sign of a mental health illness, or is it the cause of their poor mental health?

I heard a radio interview with Peter O'Toole ( I think it was him, one of the older Irish actors of that era, anyhow ) some time ago. He was talking about working with Audrey Hepburn and was telling some story about them drinking (:D) to keep out the cold and trying to get her to eat some soup. 'She didn't do food', he said, or words to that effect.
  • Options
    maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michaela Strachan looks dreadful on the old segments of Countryfile. She has that starved monkey look about her face.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are probably more than what people think. There's just too much pressure on famous women, especially when it's also known that the camera tends to make people look bigger than what they are.

Also, I remember once watching a programme about modelling, and it was mentioned that it was quite common in those circles for models to eat tissue paper. :eek:
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    Which celebrities do you feel are suffering from anorexia?

Reason for creating this thread: I'm bored :D

Let me get this correct. You have the entire internet at your fingertips, and with it access to all the knowledge it contains, yet this is how you alleviate your boredom?
  • Options
    billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy Garland was accused by the director in The Wizard Of Oz of being chubby [ which is patently untrue ] which set her off on a lifetime of binging and dieting pills.

Film stars Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball, Mia Farrow, Mary Tyler Moore, Carol Channing and Janet Leigh all looked scrawny and thin at the peak of their careers so it ain't a modern thing.

English actresses Anna Massey, Vanessa Redgrave and Jean Marsh always looked in need of a good feed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed Angelina Jolie looking really gaunt these days. I've no idea if she has an eating problem but she's definitely scrawny!

Another one is Kate Middleton. She looks just too thin to be healthy. But again, I have no idea if she has an eating problem.

I just want to add that I'm slender myself too so I'm not saying this out of envy :)
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

:confused: Non celebrities with anorexia have doctors also.
  • Options
    yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    i think a lot of celebs (naming no names cos id get accused of slander) probs do drugs too thats what helps them keep their weight down too me thinks anyways...........
  • Options
    tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that Teri Hatcher looks ill and possibly has a problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    :confused: Non celebrities with anorexia have doctors also.

Yes but because of all the pills they take (the secret ones which only the celebs have access to) they don't get ill as much probably.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tushingham wrote: »
    I've always thought that Teri Hatcher looks ill and possibly has a problem.

Marcia (sp?) Cross has also looked very gaunt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but because of all the pills they take (the secret ones which only the celebs have access to) they don't get ill as much probably.

How silly.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Nearly all of them are to thin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    How silly.

I know it makes me really angry :mad:

Just because we aren't celebs doesn't mean we don't deserve the same treatment as them. :rolleyes: Money shouldn't be able to buy you more life!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know it makes me really angry :mad:

Just because we aren't celebs doesn't mean we don't deserve the same treatment as them. :rolleyes: Money shouldn't be able to buy you more life!:eek:

Way to miss the point!