• GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts on today's game.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    That's okay. But he's an 83 year old gentleman. He isn't going to have many opportunities to get a chunk of money to go back to Jamaica. He did what he thought was best at that moment.

He had the PERFECT opportunity to carry on....he wasted that opportunity in my opinion.

Even if he went on the next round I would have given him a bit more credit.

But hey ho....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want to say that I was looking forward to Smithy's game as he was funny on the wings and encouraged people to carry on but I was disappointed in what I saw today. Taking forever to pick a box, talking to IMAGINARY creatures, dealing at the THIRD offer and just not taking the game seriously at all. Why do all the rubbish players always have the big money in the box?! He even took FOUR MINUTES to open ONE box! :mad:

I'm already NOT looking forward to Chan's game.

Oh and his reason for dealing at £9,000 was "Because I wanted to." As if I didn't hate today's game enough! :mad:
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to say that I was looking forward to Smithy's game as he was funny on the wings and encouraged people to carry on but I was disappointed in what I saw today. Taking forever to pick a box, talking to IMAGINARY creatures, dealing at the THIRD offer and just not taking the game seriously at all. Why do all the rubbish players always have the big money in the box?! :mad:

He has a sense of humour, doesn't take life seriously. Maybe he doesn't need huge sums of money, but would like "smile money". That is a valid approach to the game and does not make him a rubbish player, as you say.

Lots of people like to watch players like Smithy, and we don't all want to see people who are desperate for life-changing money because they haven't managed to make it for themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had the PERFECT opportunity to carry on....he wasted that opportunity in my opinion.

Even if he went on the next round I would have given him a bit more credit.

But hey ho....

I really don't know why you get so angry at a contestant on a tv show. It was HIS opportunity, and he was entitled to do what the hell he liked with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't know why you get so angry at a contestant on a tv show. It was HIS opportunity, and he was entitled to do what the hell he liked with it.

I'm not angry at all!

Trust me. It takes a whole lot more than Smithy to make me angry ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not angry at all!

Trust me. It takes a whole lot more than Smithy to make me angry ;)

Just annoyed then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just annoyed then.

Yeah, more annoyed and disappointed.

But tomorrow's another day
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another spineless yellow belly when is a man gonna do it grrr
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to side with Birthday Girl, and my near neighbour GoCompareThis, in that this was one of the very worst games of all time, and for all the jesting it was written all over Noel's face too. Smithy was a grade A bore who thought he was amusing, but was the only one. He was not funny, just tiresome, and utterly foolish with it. Never has a game going forward to total disaster like his one been more deserving. It was perfect justice for his performance. It was everything he had coming. I'm sure his family gave him what for in no uncertain terms!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all i want is a MALE WINNER DESPERATLY I wanted to get on the show tried 3 times no luck im a total OHO and they won't have me on so I need someone to get on with my attitude to the game and finally win it and I can feel closure.
    As much as Iloved the girls 250k wins this is a far bigger deal and needs to happen and theres horrible people on that dond forum who DON'T WANT A MAN to ever win just to hurt Noel edmonds and people like me who just genuinly badly want to see it happen so bad. Then i can rest.
    All today did was make me furious!! My box too 22 my bday i'd have easily got the jackpot had I been playing today ive no debts ive nothing to fear and as far as I saw he had none either - and he buckled for 9k and did not care he threw all that money away!!!
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hindsight is a wonderful thing..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I suppose it’s in their interest to get players on who NEED the money.

It’s very rare to get a player on who isn’t in debt and can go all the way without fear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say it again, WHERE IS MY 250K MAN?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SRW wrote: »
    I'll say it again, WHERE IS MY 250K MAN?

Surely you know by now its been the big thing thats never happened during the game, so it'll happen when the threat of cancellation is looming over them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes of course I know lol and its the one thing I want to see happen and need to see happen and Noel badly wants to happen.
    Instead we get smithy.......... oh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes of course I know lol and its the one thing I want to see happen and need to see happen and Noel badly wants to happen.
    Instead we get smithy.......... oh

He was a waste of a contestant!

I remember seeing a guy years ago, think his name was Marcus, and he went all the way, but he only won £20k, but it was when I got hooked.

I do honestly think though that the big male winner wont be around until then.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Smithy was a waste of time as a game player. He simply had an amount in his own head, and once he got to that amount, or above it, he was going to deal, totally regardless of whatever that board said. This is clear as day what happened. That board was almost irrelevant to him. So it served him right that the boxes and board, and the offers and his own box all came back to bite him. He could easily have been a first round dealer, looking back I'm amazed he didn't fot that extra grand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a waste of a contestant!

I remember seeing a guy years ago, think his name was Marcus, and he went all the way, but he only won £20k, but it was when I got hooked.

I do honestly think though that the big male winner wont be around until then.

Just to correct you he was Morris and it was May 06 :) I was gutted for him.

Only two other men since have tried for it Gurpal and he won a fiver :( and Rich this year in Feb he won 50k as the 250k was in the other box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to correct you he was Morris and it was May 06 :) I was gutted for him.

Only two other men since have tried for it Gurpal and he won a fiver :( and Rich this year in Feb he won 50k as the 250k was in the other box.

Ah Morris! I was nearly right lol.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recap of Smithy's game yesterday

Wonder if this is going to be a regular feature

And playing today is MICK and he has BOX 17
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mick lives in Liverpool but originally comes from Edinburgh

He is a fitter for an engineering firm

We see a pic of Mick's mum and we also see a little statue which Mick has brought along of his late dog

His wife is in the audience along with his sister in law

Housekeeping is done and we are underway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OPEN A BLOODY BOX ALREADY! :mad:
    We don't care about your numbers.

Shut up about the doughnuts! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPENING ROUND