Bruce, so awful tonight

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    Anton or Vernon Kay are lined up to replace him.

I used to like him to but he has become very very doddery.

Claudia gets a big NO. She and her stupid hair are so annoying.

For the first time in a long time I watched it tonight and noticed she has turned down her little girl look and act a bit and has shortened her fringe.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    Claudia gets a big NO. She and her stupid hair are so annoying.
    I can't help thinking of James Earl Jones in a wig.
    http://s11.postimage.org/edkbg0ihv/07b_conan.jpg

I say this with love, obviously
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help thinking of James Earl Jones in a wig.
    http://s11.postimage.org/edkbg0ihv/07b_conan.jpg

lol :D:D spot on.
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    As was said as few pages back, the BBC are not going to remove him mid series, so its hardly worth moaning.

However, I do hope this is his last series and we can all rejoice next year, as long as we don't get Vernon Kay in his place.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He gets worse. I'm sorry but he's driving me nuts.

They way he sneered at the floor manager (?) or producer. Like they were HIS minions. Utterly VILE.:mad:
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the points that is often conveniently overlooked by the more vociferous elements of Brucie's Army on threads like these is that not everyone calling for his retirement is a "hater". Some of us want him to go precisely because we have/had respect for him as a light entertainer and are sad to see his descent into ineptitude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vernon Kay is awful. Like Tess, all looks and no personality.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    He is Strictly

I completely disagree. The show is strictly and would continue very well without Bruce.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eastie wrote: »
    Me and my wife sky+ it and fast forward all his bits. The easiest way to avoid Bruce.

I do the same. I didn't like him when he was on the TV 40 years ago and I don't like him now.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    One of the points that is often conveniently overlooked by the more vociferous elements of Brucie's Army on threads like these is that not everyone calling for his retirement is a "hater". Some of us want him to go precisely because we have/had respect for him as a light entertainer and are sad to see his descent into ineptitude.

But that's DS.
    If you make any sort of negative observation on his performance, you'll get slagged off by some as "hating him."

It's sad to witness the rapid deterioration of his cognitive faculties over the last couple of series.
    For his own sake he should go.

And that's from one who fiercely defended him on here until a couple of years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Brucie was in on the joke - about how bad he is! That's what makes him so loveable - the fact that he isn't.

Vernon Kaye would be a good presenter - but no, it would have to be someone with a bit more pazazz - like, let me see...Russell Brand!!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    I thought Brucie was in on the joke - about how bad he is! That's what makes him so loveable - the fact that he isn't.

Vernon Kaye would be a good presenter - but no, it would have to be someone with a bit more pazazz - like, let me see...Russell Brand!!

GOD FORBID!! :eek:

I wouldn't be able to watch it if that freak was in any way involved, and you would see a big drop in viewers, which the BBC wouldn't risk.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    GOD FORBID!! :eek:

I wouldn't be able to watch it if that freak was in any way involved, and you would see a big drop in viewers, which the BBC wouldn't risk.
    Why is Vernon Kaye a freak?

Just because you don't like someone doesn't make them a freak, there must be something about him that makes you say that, although I can't imagine what. He looks like a normal person; he dresses like a normal person; he speaks with an accent that anyone from where he was brought up speaks; he walks like anormal person. So what makes him a freak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »

Just because you don't like someone doesn't make them a freak, there must be something about him that makes you say that, although I can't imagine what. He looks like a normal person; he dresses like a normal person; he speaks with an accent that anyone from where he was brought up speaks; he walks like anormal person. So what makes him a freak.

He sext like some normal lad too. ;)
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a huge respect for Bruce and in the past have defended him but even I'm getting fed up with his comments while the judges are supposed to be talking and his unnecessary goings on about Ashley's shirt or vest as he put it.

The constant remarks about standing ovations and almost bullying the contestants to "enjoy" it go too far.

It's time for him to retire and if not then someone at the Beeb do something instead of running scared against a possible age discrimination case.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was embarrasing and made himself look even more like an old fogey when he went on and on about Ashley's shirt. I don't think any of the dancers need advice on their outfits from an 84 year old.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »

I was referring to Russell Brand, who was also mentioned in the message I was replying to..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    He was embarrasing and made himself look even more like an old fogey when he went on and on about Ashley's shirt. I don't think any of the dancers need advice on their outfits from an 84 year old.

For the first time in my life, I've complained to the BBC about Bruce, specifically those comments to Ashley.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time in my life, I've complained to the BBC about Bruce, specifically those comments to Ashley.

It's sad, because he actually believes he's funny, when he's really just embarrassing now.
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I was indulging myself earlier on watching some of Chelsee and Pasha's dances on You Tube. Brucie was much better two years ago and some of his jokes were quite funny. However he does seem to have deteriorated over the last couple of years which I suppose is understandable due to his age.

Its a shame because I really do like him and he has been Strictly over the years, however, I think this should be his last series for the good of his health. He surely does not need the money but I suppose when you are an entertainer it is very difficult to call it a day.

Most of us are just glad to retire and get away from work.

Good post :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad, because he actually believes he's funny, when he's really just embarrassing now.

And he's now telling celebs what they should wear. I mean... I can't...
  • colgirlcolgirl Posts: 242
    Forum Member

Oh for God's sake, you actually bothered to complain about that?!! You'll be calling him 'vile' next, like all the other terminally offended people on this thread. You really need to get out more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colgirl wrote: »
    Oh for God's sake, you actually bothered to complain about that?!! You'll be calling him 'vile' next, like all the other terminally offended people on this thread. You really need to get out more.

I don't think he's vile. I don't need to degenerate into insults to get my point across. :rolleyes:
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    He is just getting worse every week!!! I love Claudia
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if celebs come on and dance wearing a Long sleave thermal vest under their waistcoat, Brucie probably wears one at home. :D