Options

'We Can't Let Bobby Know What He Did?'

B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
Forum Member
This has been a recurring theme on EE and I'm in two minds about it. On one hand I'd never want to see a child in serious trouble with the law and being told he's responsible for his sister's death would be very traumatic.

On the other he's 12, hardly a baby, and I feel like he's old enough to be aware of the consequences of his actions. I also believe that protecting him is somehow going to backfire on Ian and Jane in the future. I'm struggling with how to think about this. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    He knows exactly what he did. He's a very messed up child who needs serious help urgently, not to be lied to and mollycoddled.
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in 2 minds about this aswell. I get that a mother would do anything to protect her children but I also think that Bobby will turn into a psychopath later.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs to be reported so he can get help from psychologists and avoid getting worse. Pandering to him and covering for him will give him a sense of entitlement and he'll get more violent without help and treatment.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very big case for Supernanny. Wearing a crash helmet....
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he's known all along and is truly psychotic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morgsie wrote: »
    I am in 2 minds about this aswell. I get that a mother would do anything to protect her children but I also think that Bobby will turn into a psychopath later.

I feel like I could understand it better if Bobby were a much younger child. Protecting a child is one thing but just how far are they prepared to go, letting an innocent man face prison and dragging others into this mess turning their lives upside down instead of facing up the fact that Bobby needs serious psychiatric counselling. The kid is troubled, but not beyond help if they get him into therapy now rather than face more serious consequences down the track.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Ian is not doing the best thing for Bobby. It's inevitable that he'll find out one day and it will be even worse for him then. As for him not wanting to lose another child, he wouldn't have lost Peter and Cindy if he hadn't put intolerable pressure on them...he makes a habit of driving (women) and children away.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    The problem is that it wasn't just a 'one off' as far as Bobby is concerned, he's threatened Phil with a golf club, he pushed Cindy and could have seriously hurt her if she'd have hit her head at all. That's not normal behaviour for a 12 year old boy. Cindy was right, he may be a young boy now, but what about when he's 18? The longer this behaviour is allowed to continue for, the worse it'll get. If Ian was really being honest with himself, he isn't keeping the secret just to protect Bobby, he's doing it to protect himself too because he doesn't want to lose any more of his family after Lucy died, Peter and Cindy have left, Jane's looking at doing time for moving Lucy's body and keeping the truth of her death a secret and Beth has had to be given to Terry.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has know all along but he knew Jane would do anything to save him because she can't have children of her own because of Steven and I'm now starting to think this story won't reach any sort of conclusion until Steven returns .. maybe he returns with Lauren.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    The problem is that it wasn't just a 'one off' as far as Bobby is concerned, he's threatened Phil with a golf club, he pushed Cindy and could have seriously hurt her if she'd have hit her head at all. That's not normal behaviour for a 12 year old boy. Cindy was right, he may be a young boy now, but what about when he's 18? The longer this behaviour is allowed to continue for, the worse it'll get. If Ian was really being honest with himself, he isn't keeping the secret just to protect Bobby, he's doing it to protect himself too because he doesn't want to lose any more of his family after Lucy died, Peter and Cindy have left, Jane's looking at doing time for moving Lucy's body and keeping the truth of her death a secret and Beth has had to be given to Terry.

Yes that's true and I thought when Bobby pushed Cindy it opened Jane's eyes but now it's Ian who is taking the lead to keep his family together even if it means he's really sacrificing any sort of normal life for himself or even Bobby who won't grow up knowing the true difference between right and wrong if he's left unchallenged.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Ian kicks the shite out of him on his 18th birthday
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still say bobby knows exactly what he has done. even if he doesn't, and as other posters have said, he is not facing up to the consequences of his actions and will always think that a) violence is the answer to his feelings /problems and b) there are no repercussions to being violent and c) his mum and dad will always get him out of the proverbial.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    This has been a recurring theme on EE and I'm in two minds about it. On one hand I'd never want to see a child in serious trouble with the law and being told he's responsible for his sister's death would be very traumatic.

On the other he's 12, hardly a baby, and I feel like he's old enough to be aware of the consequences of his actions. I also believe that protecting him is somehow going to backfire on Ian and Jane in the future. I'm struggling with how to think about this. Thoughts?

Personally, I think he needs to be aware of what he did and face the consequences, as you have said, he is hardly a baby and I honestly believe, that deep down, he knows what he has done

Protecting him now is only going to cause problems in the future - what if he whacks someone else over the head?

He definately needs help - what kind of help I am not sure but by protecting him from what he has done, Ian and Jane are only making things worse for him
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    He gave Ian a real evil look the other day. I'm wondering if Ian's a bit afraid of him.
    If Bobby and Denny ever got together imagine what it would be like. They're both little evil sods, in my opinion.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    If Adam Woodyatt or Laurie Brett ever decide to leave, this will more than likely be their exit - bumped off by Bobby!

They'll pay the ultimate price for protecting him.

A Bobby bump-off!! :D
  • Options
    NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gave Ian a real evil look the other day. I'm wondering if Ian's a bit afraid of him.
    If Bobby and Denny ever got together imagine what it would be like. They're both little evil sods, in my opinion.

I reckon Denny's going to try to bully Bobby and Booby's going to batter him.

It'd make sense as Sharon knows - and she then gets the angst of knowing if she'd spoken up her son wouldn't have been hurt/killed - and they've bought Denny's bullying back up.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Nefersitra wrote: »

It'd make sense as Sharon knows - and she then gets the angst of knowing if she'd spoken up her son wouldn't have been hurt/killed - and they've bought Denny's bullying back up.

Good point.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Bobby knows what he's done. We are all supposed to reel back in shock when this nugget is revealed. Christmas maybe.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

BIB "Booby"?! :o:D Ha ha!! I wouldn't mind if Bobby kills Denny off. We never see Denny and it would solve that. If Denny is going to stay I think he should be recast. Maybe when the two grow up if they're still around etc they'll be at loggerheads rather than a predictable pairing up of two criminal young men.
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    Bobby and Denny...soaps answer to the Krays lol.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    BIB "Booby"?! :o:DHa ha!! I wouldn't mind if Bobby kills Denny off. We never see Denny and it would solve that. If Denny is going to stay I think he should be recast. Maybe when the two grow up if they're still around etc they'll be at loggerheads rather than a predictable pairing up of two criminal young men.

I was going to make a thread about this possibility but several people have beaten me to it.

The Bloodbath's true nature would be revealed (he knows exactly what he did to Lucy - of that I have no doubt - psychopaths are very manipulative even at a very young age).

I would not really care if Darth Moppet got finished off by Hannibeale - or at least got a bloody severe kicking.

Can you imagine the strife between the Beales and the Mitchells?

It would make interesting viewing to say the least. :D