Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    But it just struck me he said it's the catalyst....so the story isn't that he discovers something, but what it causes with regards to Aaron. So that's what is intriguing me.

To be fair to Duncan he's probably trying to be somewhat vague so the wording might not be something to focus on too much.
    EddyBee wrote: »
    I agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs but that wasn't what I was referring to. The funeral was absurd, from the start to the finish.

But, not as ridiculous as Robert the panto villain kidnapping Aaron so I guess I should be pleased at the slight 'improvement' from Emmerdale's writers.

Yeah the whole Eric driving off with the hearse door open where Val's coffin could easily fly out wasn't very Eric at all.

It was all a bit unnecessary but I think it made a nice change from all the miserable funerals we usually have.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's val's funeral, meant to be absurd :D
  • tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    That was one of the best eps I have seen in a while :)
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,601
    Forum Member
    To be fair to Duncan he's probably trying to be somewhat vague so the wording might not be something to focus on too much.

Yeah the whole Eric driving off with the hearse door open where Val's coffin could easily fly out wasn't very Eric at all.

It was all a bit unnecessary but I think it made a nice change from all the miserable funerals we usually have.

I'm not going to disagree with the point you are making but, IMO, they just went too far and for far too long.

Emmerdale is not a comedy sketch show where funny scenes are added in because that is what it is all about. It is a soap and comedy should come from the characters and their interactions and conflicting personalities. Tonight I felt that I was watching another programme. It just didn't feel like Emmerdale.
  • LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Eddy I'd love to read your list of things you thought were wrong with it. I mean I have a few myself but I didn't think it was that bad.

I found the Connor & Lawrence stuff awful because that guy playing Connor is a poor actor. He was way over the top with his flirting, I mean he was doing it from the very start and Lawrence didn't notice it really?

I found the Aaron and Andy stuff too contrived so although it was nice to see them together it was forced and difficult to accept.

Yes, that came across so awkward because the actor was way over egging it. "Look at me, I'm a mysterious stranger flirting so unabashedly with Lawrence who used bump balls with Edna's husband back in the day. I'm so his type, he'll totally fall for me and he'll stop being in denia...oooh, the bastard hit me! I'm gonna storm out now all upset and that."

It's another parallel with Hollyoaks as it had shades of Kevin trying to flirt with Brendan. If Robert sent him then he's the Walker figure in the set up. If Connor comes back and accuses Lawrence of sexual assault then we already know the outcome.

Oh gawd. Robert's going to end up under a train.

Just a day after Andy gets a job as a train driver.

Probably.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    I'm not going to disagree with the point you are making but, IMO, they just went too far and for far too long.

Emmerdale is not a comedy sketch show where funny scenes are added in because that is what it is all about. It is a soap and comedy should come from the characters and their interactions and conflicting personalities. Tonight I felt that I was watching another programme. It just didn't feel like Emmerdale.

I see what you mean about the comedy sketch bit. There has been a few scenes like that thrown around lately, the Tracy and Bernice fight with Jimmy wading in for example. I'm not keen on them either but I do prefer more of that than contrived forced villainy for sexy Rob.
    Yes, that came across so awkward because the actor was way over egging it. "Look at me, I'm a mysterious stranger flirting so unabashedly with Lawrence who used bump balls with Edna's husband back in the day. I'm so his type, he'll totally fall for me and he'll stop being in denia...oooh, the bastard hit me! I'm gonna storm out now all upset and that."

It's another parallel with Hollyoaks as it had shades of Kevin trying to flirt with Brendan. If Robert sent him then he's the Walker figure in the set up. If Connor comes back and accuses Lawrence of sexual assault then we already know the outcome.

Oh gawd. Robert's going to end up under a train.

Just a day after Andy gets a job as a train driver.

Probably.

Yep that's how I felt. It was uncomfortable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Charmer ;).

A 'snake' charmer? There's a couple of 'snakes' I'd like to charm :p and open wide :o.
  • spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    There are quite a few parallels between this and the stendan story on hollyoaks, this Connor thing being the latest... it's surely only a matter of time before they stick aaron with someone boring and safe for a few months that Robert can draw him away from ;)
  • FhionnuisceFhionnuisce Posts: 6,717
    Forum Member
    Just watched the Connor bits again. Frankly if it is as simple as a set up by Robert they should get new writers, it's just so obvious there really has to be some other twist
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Just watched the Connor bits again. Frankly if it is as simple as a set up by Robert they should get new writers, it's just so obvious there really has to be some other twist

I think it's Bernice;-)
  • LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    spimf wrote: »
    There are quite a few parallels between this and the stendan story on hollyoaks, this Connor thing being the latest... it's surely only a matter of time before they stick aaron with someone boring and safe for a few months that Robert can draw him away from ;)

Won't work. He's already been with Ed. Fnar.

Ooooorrrr........

An American pretending to be a student but then leaving college after just a week and then staying without any form of income for over a year on an incredibly flexible visa. Don. We'll call him Don.
  • RobronicRobronic Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think Bernice could have something to do with this Connor. It would just be too, too obvious if Robert had anything to do with it.
  • spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Won't work. He's already been with Ed. Fnar.

Ooooorrrr........

An American pretending to be a student but then leaving college after just a week and then staying without any form of income for over a year on an incredibly flexible visa. Don. We'll call him Don.

Yes that could work. They could introduce him as Traceys ex and have him pine over her for a while first.
  • tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    Robronic wrote: »
    Yeah I think Bernice could have something to do with this Connor. It would just be too, too obvious if Robert had anything to do with it.

Maybe Bernice has arranged it and Robert finds out about this. Then he offers to help Lawrence knowing he can do something about it. Maybe Connor's role was just to find out if Lawrence was gay but then he realised Lawrence was minted and he could get some money out of this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be really low of Bernice if she was the one that sent Connor.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Is Bernice that cunning though?

Plus, tomorrow she comes out and asks him if he's gay... what would be the point if she engineered the stuff with Connor? Surely him pushing Connor away would be enough proof for her?
  • AmyEWrightAmyEWright Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre episode.. but I did enjoy some bits of it. I wish Andy would have asked Aaron about Robert. I didn't like the phone call being the night before she died.. I could of accepted it being the day of her death but not the night before. After Aaron spoke to Katie outside the pub that night what would she have had to phone him about? I could understand it the following day to check they were still on but I can't understand why. It's such a plot device! Nice to see Aaron/Andy scenes and Chas being a decent mum again tonight.

Connor is such a set up! How can Lawrence be daft enough to be taken in by him. It is a stranger turning up at your door. It is clearly to show that Lawrence still has issues about his sexuality but I can't see past it being Robert. Bernice isn't that calculating! Can't wait to see Robert again tomorrow!
  • LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric has been horrible since Val died. I know he's grieving but so is Diane and he's treated her really badly. I feel bad for her and David.

I can't feel sorry for Eric either.

I really don't like the way Eric is being but I do feel sorry for him.Its not fair on Diane at all but grief can really change a person-completely.He will get past it but for the time being it's really hard for everyone else to take ! Grief can be the most isolating and lonely place ever.I never realised until recently in my life just what it can do to a person.The anger can be unbelievable
  • Crazy_BananaCrazy_Banana Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Lmack wrote: »
    I really don't like the way Eric is being but I do feel sorry for him.Its not fair on Diane at all but grief can really change a person-completely.He will get past it but for the time being it's really hard for everyone else to take ! Grief can be the most isolating and lonely place ever.I never realised until recently in my life just what it can do to a person.The anger can be unbelievable

Yes and some people in grieving deal with it more easily if they find someone to place the blame and their anger with so unfortunately Dianne was the first one he chose to cop it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Eric will obviously target Chrissie when she comes back and Diane will be forgotten about from his perspective.

Almost 9 months since the beginning, seems crazy that it was so long ago.
  • LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and some people in grieving deal with it more easily if they find someone to place the blame and their anger with so unfortunately Dianne was the first one he chose to cop it.

Yes true-and sometimes it is not even a choice.The anger is just there and won't shift.It is horrible
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    I really liked today's episode. :)

Pearl And the singer made me laugh so hard:D

And Kerry's face was priceless.:D

I still don't get why the phone call is such a big deal. The eve of her death even if Katie talked to Aaron what does it prove?

It is not a proof that Aaron hais something to do with her death:confused:

I Mean, it is not a crime if Aaron called her or if She calls him?....

Anyway, Aaron was so cute, And for once Chas made sense.;-)

Now we Have to see our guys together. ASAP PLEASE:cool::blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    :(:(:( Yesterday's episode still isn't out here yet T.T
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(:(:( Yesterday's episode still isn't out here yet T.T

poor you... should change the name of dailymotion to monthlymotion :(:kitty:
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    poor you... should change the name of dailymotion to monthlymotion :(:kitty:

It is usually out by now but sometimes it gets delayed for some reason >.<
This discussion has been closed.