Cable in North Wales

Does any one know if there are any plans to get cable into North wales... I know BT infinity has rolled to a few places and moving closer.
but I would love cable here....:cry:

Comments

• paulbdspaulbds Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Hi Daniel, no progress here in Colwyn Bay

Paul
  • HorizonHorizon Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt North Wales will get cabled by VM as its too remote and not enough people to make it cost effective to dig up the streets.

As the OP said BT is rolling out Infinity, but North Welsh folk may eventually get an alternative to a BT service or another company using BT's lines. The alternative being Fibrespeed.

Fibrespeed (link below), a subsidiary of Geo, has obtained EU and Welsh Assembly funds and is linking up the main business parks in North Wales to a fast fibre optic network. Although a business-to-business service at the moment, some entrepreneur may come along and lease space on the network and try and "push" services out to residential areas which are close to the business parks. So keep an eye on that. But for the foreseeable future, it's BT or one of the resellers.

http://www.fibrespeed.co.uk/en/
  • paulbdspaulbds Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Hi Daniel, follow up from earlier this year,
    BT Infinity is coming to the bay early next year - about time

Paul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Saltney, BT Infinity 100Mbit FTTP is now available, plus standard BT Infinity in other parts of Saltney. I also noticed plenty of Virgin Media cabinets and manholes, but I don't think the service is active. Maybe empty ducts?