Internet Explorer coming to Xbox dashboard

13»

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its ok but the keyboard input should have light-up keys so text input can be done reasonably quickly with the d-pad, I hate using the RS, to fiddly.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since my PC decided to commit suidide yesterday by frying it's CPU I'm having to use my 360 as an internet broswer until I get it repaired. That kinda sucks but the good news is that IE has recived some pretty substantial updates since the last time I used it.

The best of these being the YouTube support which now plays every single video despite asking you to intall Flash for a few seconds at the start, in fact it's quite conveniant since it cuts all the ads out. It also happens to play at full 720p with no performance issues either so the YT app is pretty much useless now. I'll be honest, it's not a bad little browser! It does most things you could ask for in terms of general internet use.

They have recently updated the YT app so it looks a lot better but i still have issues with it freezing every so often and crashing the Xbox so think i'll start watching through IE.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Its ok but the keyboard input should have light-up keys so text input can be done reasonably quickly with the d-pad, I hate using the RS, to fiddly.

Thankfully you can use wireless USB k/b's but the text input isn't so bad, using the D-pad instead of the analgue stick would be a nice option yeah.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Inputting any kind of text on screen with the Xbox was always really irritating having to scroll back and forth with the stick or d-pad so i just bought a chat pad.

Much easier to use the mini keyboard! :cool:
    Forum Member
    They have recently updated the YT app so it looks a lot better but i still have issues with it freezing every so often and crashing the Xbox so think i'll start watching through IE.

Yeah definitely try it out as it's so much better than the YT app. Plus you have access to all the features. I was quite surprised to see every video run but especially when they play in 720p so well. It was the one thing most poeple who used IE moaned about so it's nice to see MS sorted it!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now that YouTube works on IE, does that mean all content is available? The big disappointment of the App was that certain videos were removed. mainly music videos.
    Forum Member
    So now that YouTube works on IE, does that mean all content is available? The big disappointment of the App was that certain videos were removed. mainly music videos.

Yes, all content.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find using YouTube on XBox Internet Explorer, videos are still very slow and jittery in full screen mode.
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    I find using YouTube on XBox Internet Explorer, videos are still very slow and jittery in full screen mode.

I only suffered that problem once by watching a 720p vid fullscreen at someones profile page, it didn't like that too much so if you navigate away from there and watch the video on the main YT page it would be ok.

Having said that the zoom feature is brilliant, I'd mostly watch a video in the large player and just zoom in a touch to make it full screen, it was quicker than going in and out of fullscreen mode to comment.