Options

LBC General Chit-Chat 2 (merged) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
  • Options
    alex 1alex 1 Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    does chavvy vikki still come on clives show? as i havent heard her in ages
  • Options
    dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alex 1 wrote: »
    does chavvy vikki still come on clives show? as i havent heard her in ages

Occasionally, but she now goes by the name of Victoria and comes from a different town, I believe Radfami said it was a posh part of Croydon up a hill
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    On Steve's show this morning he mentioned that the area manager of Starbucks phoned him to apologise. Try as I might on the podcasts I could not find the story of what went wrong. Can anyone help? Cheers.

Steve normally buys a large dry coffee with an extra shot, which cost about £2 and the shot is 30p. When he goes in with Giles they share the shot, having half each. Steve thought the cost should therefore have been £4.30 and was charge £4.60. Steve only paid what he thought it should be and the barista firmly told him it was £4.60. Steve felt she was being rude so contacted Starbucks head office to complain.
  • Options
    radamfiradamfi Posts: 14,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave2702 wrote: »
    Occasionally, but she now goes by the name of Victoria and comes from a different town, I believe Radfami said it was a posh part of Croydon up a hill

Victoria from Selsdon!
  • Options
    dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Paul Ross couldn't even be bothered to turn up for his first Friday shift...why didn't they just let JH do one more Friday... huhhhh. Sat , for JH, 7:00-800...whats the point of that...?

Good to know that CB is doing Sunday, would have prefered NA , oh well, never mind....:)

I guess PR is already pre-booked for Friday, espeially as he probably didn't know he would be required by LBC only a day or so ago.

Maybe JH costs more per hour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave2702 wrote: »
    I guess PR is already pre-booked for Friday, espeially as he probably didn't know he would be required by LBC only a day or so ago.

Maybe JH costs more per hour

Also, presumably JH is committed to doing next Saturday morning so maybe the management didn't think it was appropriate for him to do Friday afternoon as well.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Steve normally buys a large dry coffee with an extra shot, which cost about £2 and the shot is 30p. When he goes in with Giles they share the shot, having half each. Steve thought the cost should therefore have been £4.30 and was charge £4.60. Steve only paid what he thought it should be and the barista firmly told him it was £4.60. Steve felt she was being rude so contacted Starbucks head office to complain.

Thanks very much for that Clitheroe :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Can someone just explain what Anthony Davis just said about the new schedule and Iain Lee?

Is Iain not doing Mondays anymore? What? He didn't explain it very well. Radamfi heeeeellllllppppp!!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    New here - lots of posts to read, so haven't yet. BUT ... where is Iain Lee .. why is this Anthony Davis bloke on now? arrrgghhh, they're messing with my lbc!!!
  • Options
    ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    This might be an odd one, but can anyone tell me the dates of every show Frank Sidebottom has done with Iain, as I'm going away next weekend and want some entertainment for the trip :)

One of you must keep some kind of detailed log, because some of you are borderline obsessive :p
  • Options
    ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, apparently "If I don't talk about food every 20 minutes I think my brain will explode" Davies is doing Monday nights 7pm - 10pm with Iain doing Thursday to Friday..

Bloody ridiculous..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, apparently "If I don't talk about food every 20 minutes I think my brain will explode" Davies is doing Monday nights 7pm - 10pm with Iain doing Thursday to Friday..

Bloody ridiculous..

Oh, what a shame. If AD doesn't get some 'edge' I'm going to have to find another radio station to listen to in the evenings now :cry:

I will not resort to telly, I will not resort to telly

I also see Jon Holmes has moved to Saturday morning - urgh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got the heads up this morning from gurney-slade that Anthony Davis was going to be on tonight.
    JFDI wrote: »
    Can someone just explain what Anthony Davis just said about the new schedule and Iain Lee?

Is Iain not doing Mondays anymore? What? He didn't explain it very well. Radamfi heeeeellllllppppp!!! :eek:

For once, I didn't get home in time for 1900 so I didn't hear the start of the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    iain is being fazed out !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Bloody ridiculous..

Iain is only doing 2 nights? Thurday and Friday? Is that right? Or do you mean Tues-Fri? Please tell me you meant Tues-Thurs. That's crap otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    There's no confirmation of this change. I'm sure Iain would have said something. I very much doubt it's happening in any case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blimey you're right - not ever really listened to this Davis bloke before, but you're right, he's talking about storing bulk bought food in a warehouse. WOT?!

I agree, I think Iain's on the way out .. I'll just follow him wherever he ends up, even if I have to splash out on a DAB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    What? Iain is only going to be doing Tuesday to Friday now? Man, they are slowly but surely squeezing him out!

Why have AD doing one odd day a week, that just doesn't make any sense to me :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joeboy wrote: »
    There's no confirmation of this change. I'm sure Iain would have said something. I very much doubt it's happening in any case.

AD confirmed this himself at the start of the show tonight..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain is only doing 2 nights? Thurday and Friday? Is that right? Or do you mean Tues-Fri? Please tell me you meant Tues-Thurs. That's crap otherwise.

Sorry, I did mean Tuesday not Thursday..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish I heard the start of the show now!

Anthony Davis does Saturday, Sunday and Monday 0100 to 0500 so it is feasible that he is getting Monday 1900 to 2200 as well, but it would seem most strange to have a different show on Monday. I haven't heard that much of him but he did do some good stand-in shows earlier this year, in particular for Nick A (when he got Louise from Barnsley to stay in the bath for most of the show!) and for Iain (when he had his car crash). He is versatile and I've heard him do both very funny and very serious shows overnight. He's actually younger than Iain, born 16 November 1974 so he is even younger than me (by 20 days!)

Would it actually save money? Surely they still have to pay Iain for Monday anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    radamfi wrote: »
    I really wish I heard the start of the show now!

Anthony Davis does Saturday, Sunday and Monday 0100 to 0500 so it is feasible that he is getting Monday 1900 to 2200 as well, but it does seem most strange that there is a different show for Monday. I haven't heard that much of him but he did do some good stand-in shows earlier this year, in particular for Nick A (when he got Louise from Barnsley to stay in the bath for most of the show!) and for Iain (when he had his car crash). He is versatile and I've heard him do both very funny and very serious shows. He's actually younger than Iain, born 16 November 1974 so he is even younger than me (by 20 days!)

Does it actually save money? Surely they still have to pay Iain for Monday anyway?

I don't mind listening to Anthony Davis, his shows aren't hard going and that's what I need in the evening really. I don't want to bombarded with issues and all that stuff. I still prefer Iain Lee though...:(

Is AD the guy who broke up with his girlfriend/boyfriend.I remember a presenter being quite open about his break up and that he felt fairly crap about it.

In the new schedule I think that there is too much Steve Allen. Everytime I put the radio on, on Sunday all I could hear was SA. He must be doing something right if he's on the radio so much...I guess all the SA fans must be out of their minds with happiness. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the new schedule I think that there is too much Steve Allen. Everytime I put the radio on, on Sunday all I could hear was SA. He must be doing something right if he's on the radio so much...I guess all the SA fans must be out of their minds with happiness. :p

He's often said that he is the second most listened to show on LBC (no doubt peaking at 0630 to 0700 which is actually breakfast on most stations in London). He's acquired one extra hour in the schedule. So if Foufas really has got Friday morning then, in a way, he has effectively been parachuted from nowhere to breakfast!
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    honkhonk wrote: »
    Blimey you're right - not ever really listened to this Davis bloke before, but you're right, he's talking about storing bulk bought food in a warehouse. WOT?!

I said he is boring! :(
This discussion has been closed.