Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I agree, that was very funny.

Not sure I agree with the other team being given SUCH a big advantage though, means Jimmy may coast through again!
  • fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjsept wrote: »
    I agree, that was very funny.

Not sure I agree with the other team being given SUCH a big advantage though, means Jimmy may coast through again!

I know - i have an awful feeling Jimmy is going to do well this week!!!
  • sturnussturnus Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    fonzerelli wrote: »
    I know - i have an awful feeling Jimmy is going to do well this week!!!

Please, no! :(

On the other hand, there is a chance that Callum, who hasn't seen the recipe, might be for the chop tonight.

Having said that, what are the chances of the two in Friday's final being Callum and Jimmy? :eek:
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Would much rather Jimmy get further than Callum, yet again yesterday Callum was useless, I dunno how Adam and Clare had the patience to put up with him, he's in the finals he should be able to use his own initative and not be constantly looking for guidance at this stage.
    And he took the other guys lobster too :rolleyes:
    I find the format deeply flawed, far too easy for someone completely average to escape under the radar. Jimmy is bad too, but I don't fine him as irritating as the blinker.
    I would love Courtney to win, but I feel she won't, she's not one of the chosen few so can't see it happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sturnus wrote: »
    Please, no! :(

On the other hand, there is a chance that Callum, who hasn't seen the recipe, might be for the chop tonight.

Having said that, what are the chances of the two in Friday's final being Callum and Jimmy? :eek:

Callum is often quite good at desserts though so he may do ok. Adrianno Zumba also does deserts and Claire mentioned cake in the preview. Mr Macaroon will probably be fine at the expense of someone else.

If it's Jimmy v Callum in the final - i don't think i'll watch it!!!
    Forum Member
    Callum is often quite good at desserts though so he may do ok. Adrianno Zumba also does deserts and Claire mentioned cake in the preview. Mr Macaroon will probably be fine at the expense of someone else.

If it's Jimmy v Callum in the final - i don't think i'll watch it!!!

This is the first time I have watched MC Australia - are there usually two in the final?

Pretty sure neither of them will get to the final 2 - the challenges must be pretty immense these week and are bound to highlight their many weaknesses. (She says with fingers crossed!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(
    pjsept wrote: »
    This is the first time I have watched MC Australia - are there usually two in the final?

Pretty sure neither of them will get to the final 2 - the challenges must be pretty immense these week and are bound to highlight their many weaknesses. (She says with fingers crossed!)

yeah there's one eliminated everyday from tonight, i think. Then the final two go head to head in a series of challenges. Looking forward to see who excels this week.

God knows what i'll do when the series finishes!!! :(
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    In all the challenges from the beginning of this series I only remember once that Callum did good & that was his bloody macarons.

Otherwise he's either caused the failure of his team or he's with the winning team not because of him but because of the brilliance of his team mates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think callum has won the Invention Test twice in 14 weeks. and has been in the bottom 2/3 around half a dozen times!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    :(

yeah there's one eliminated everyday from tonight, i think. Then the final two go head to head in a series of challenges. Looking forward to see who excels this week.

God knows what i'll do when the series finishes!!! :(

That's how I feel! :) It's bad enough I'm going to miss Wednesday's show we'll be without cable that night (moving home!) but hopefully I'll catch up on Sunay before the final!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's VERY interesting reading everyone's speculation when I know the result. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant believe jimmy made the best cake!!
    to be fair the judges were as surprised as i am lol

poor alvin but his cake was abit of a mess

oh and yet more fish face from callum!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Callum did well tonight - he does seem to excel with the puds!!

Very surprised at Jimmy!! Although i would have liked to have seen how he did without having pre-read the recipe!!! Bet his mystery box is full of Indian ingrediants!!!

Poor Alvin - although they all seem to be quite "at peace" when they are eliminated!

Matt's face was a picture when Alvin said he was going home to romp in bed!!! Priceless!!!
    Forum Member
    I hope Alvin does something more than just setting up his website with recipes otherwise all those pains, traumas, & most of all knowledge he learnt from the show would have been wasted.

Surely he didn't need to go through the whole Masterchef process just to have a website.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Alvin does something more than just setting up his website with recipes otherwise all those pains, traumas, & most of all knowledge he learnt from the show would have been wasted.

Surely he didn't need to go through the whole Masterchef process just to have a website.

it's probably more to do with recognition. people wouldn't have visited Alvin's website if they've never heard of him.

but now he's featured on MC - people will google him and visit his site!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://cinnamonpig.com.au/

think this is his website!
    Forum Member
    it's probably more to do with recognition. people wouldn't have visited Alvin's website if they've never heard of him.

but now he's featured on MC - people will google him and visit his site!

You couldn't get anymore recognition than being on Masterchef at primetime & most popular show in OZ right now.

So he might get some hits on his website, then what??

Well I hope his plan of opening an asian tapas bar happens, if not it'll be such a waste of experience on his part.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    It's VERY interesting reading everyone's speculation when I know the result. :D

I know it too. Found out by accident.
    Forum Member
    I also know who the final 2 are, also by accident:mad:, but I don't know and do not want to know who won!
    Forum Member
    I'm not clicking on any website links to do with any of the contestants just in case I find out who wins, I will be devastated if I do!
  • Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was off sick recently and downloaded all 85 episodes and watched them. Unfortunately I found out who won after seeing the second episode, it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the show one bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://cinnamonpig.com.au/

think this is his website!

I dont think it is a very good website either :cry:

ps i know who wins too - downside of watching it after australia i guess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    h007 wrote: »
    I dont think it is a very good website either :cry:

ps i know who wins too - downside of watching it after australia i guess

if that's what they meant by launching his own website - i'm disappointed for him. It's no more than a blog!!! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have thoroughly enjoyed this, found it quite by accident. I thought Marion was a cert,but what do I know, and I was happy for Aaron when he survived against her.

I was also a bit surprised by the decision to bring back eliminated contestants, and two of them are still there while the other contestants who actually survived are gone... I have to admit, I would have felt a bit cheated!

On the whole though it is hugely entertaining for a cookery show and it's anyone's game now!

I found Gary, George and Matt a bit strange at first, but they really make the show work somehow!
    Forum Member
    I have thoroughly enjoyed this, found it quite by accident. I thought Marion was a cert,but what do I know, and I was happy for Aaron when he survived against her.

I was also a bit surprised by the decision to bring back eliminated contestants, and two of them are still there while the other contestants who actually survived are gone... I have to admit, I would have felt a bit cheated!

On the whole though it is hugely entertaining for a cookery show and it's anyone's game now!

I found Gary, George and Matt a bit strange at first, but they really make the show work somehow!

Agree with everything you've said here! I still don't like the eliminated contestants being back. Bringing one back after a series of very hard tests may have been understandable but to have two of them still there with what appears to be a very good chance of winning, hmmm - not sure!

And I love the guys who present it, they have really grown on me. I've always though George looks like Chris Moyles though :confused: