Just Not Up to it.

paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
Forum Member
It is a Conservative site - but contains comments by Labour Poiticians and Supporters about Ed Milliband and it does not make good reading for Ed.

http://www.justnotuptoit.com/

e.g.

One nation Labour worked last year for Ed’s speech but it wasn’t followed through with hard-hitting policy’ - Alastair Campbell

‘(There is) a lack of vision and ambition’ - Kevan Jones MP for North Durham

"Ed pulls his punches, triangulates against himself and ends up in a no-man's land" - Alan Milburn, former Labour Minister and MP for Darlington

Milliband needs to) look in the mirror and honestly answer the question: “Will the electorate ever assent to me being Prime Minister?”’ - Brian Wilson, former MP for Cunninghame North

‘(Working class people) don’t believe they are in any story that Labour is telling about the future of this country…if they’re not part of our story I don’t know what the Labour Party is for’ - John Denham, MP for Southampton Itchen

Comments

• gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a Conservative site - but contains comments by Labour Poiticians and Supporters about Ed Milliband and it does not make good reading for Ed.

http://www.justnotuptoit.com/

e.g.

One nation Labour worked last year for Ed’s speech but it wasn’t followed through with hard-hitting policy’ - Alastair Campbell

‘(There is) a lack of vision and ambition’ - Kevan Jones MP for North Durham

"Ed pulls his punches, triangulates against himself and ends up in a no-man's land" - Alan Milburn, former Labour Minister and MP for Darlington

Milliband needs to) look in the mirror and honestly answer the question: “Will the electorate ever assent to me being Prime Minister?”’ - Brian Wilson, former MP for Cunninghame North

‘(Working class people) don’t believe they are in any story that Labour is telling about the future of this country…if they’re not part of our story I don’t know what the Labour Party is for’ - John Denham, MP for Southampton Itchen

I don't see how anyone can use those comments to prove a point, many of them were made in 2013, so if as they say a week is a long time in politics, then what do they say about months ?

Anyway all this negativaty towards Miliband doesn't seem to be bothering the electorate that much seeing as Labour are back in the lead again ;-)
    The latest weekly poll by former Tory chief Lord Ashcroft puts Labour on 32% (up two points since last week), the Conservatives on 27% (down two), UKIP on 18% (up two), the Liberal Democrats on 7% (down two) and the Greens unchanged on 7%.

http://news.sky.com/story/1379694/labour-ahead-in-polls-despite-flag-row
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we really need a website dedicated to criticising Miliband? Social media seems to take care of that nicely. Plus people can criticise the other leaders too if they are not partisan.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be fair to simply dedicate this thread or an entire website to Ed Miliband when deciding who's "not up for it."

To varying degrees none of them are up to the task, probably because politicians have done such a good job of claiming sole responsibility for anything positive that ever happens expectation levels now exceed their capabilities.

Any muppet can promise the world, delivering it is another matter. Miliband is a muppet, but aint they all?
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need a website dedicated to criticising Miliband? Social media seems to take care of that nicely. Plus people can criticise the other leaders too if they are not partisan.

I have criticized Miliband, it's just that all these negative threads about Miliband are getting a bit much. IMO the reason for them is that because there's nothing positive to be said about Cameron they're defending Cameron by attacking Miliband.

And talking about being partisan, I've noticed that any posts by Tory supporters criticizing Cameron are very few and far between.