The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I see you ;)

I love the cover although I think it would have been just a little bit better if it was more zoomed out

--

Get ready for those fan made covers à la Spirit and Echo

Leona Lewis - I am ... a horse
    Eww not even going to breathe any life into those poor attempt at jokes or 'shade'
    I'm SO excited for this album! Can't wait to hear all of these songs!
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album gets a worldwide release at the same time?
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Grape Juice reporting 22nd July too

Oops :')

Soeplepel's impact >>

Album gets a worldwide release at the same time?

Yes, on a friday
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Grape Juice reporting 22nd July too

I really like this comment.
    Leona is one of those rare talents whose potential remains ever as exciting despite the stumbling blocks they may encounter. With a booming buzz about her post-Simon Cowell cycle, we’re hopeful she receives the commercial success she deserves this go round. ‘Fire’ certainly sounds worthy.

Read more: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2015/04/leona-lewis-reveals-i-am-album-cover-release-date/#ixzz3XTjmNUt0
    Follow us: @ThatGrapeJuice on Twitter | ThatGrapeJuiceOfficial on Facebook
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Do you think that this is going to be Leona's most critically acclaimed album? We have never seen that much of positivity in reviews and such strong hype before
  • pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg Soe lots of sites are reporting 22 of July...you should have written something like 25 December 2040

Personally I do not like the wings....it looks like a fan cover rather than an official album cover
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pes wrote: »
    Omg Soe lots of sites are reporting 22 of July...you should have written something like 25 December 2040

Personally I do not like the wings....it looks like a fan cover rather than an official album cover

omfg :') Grape Juice has changed it
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Thunder and Another Love Song :O Wow! Really cannot wait to see those reviews!
    Forum Member
    I really hope the people with the CD will review Thunder and Another Love Song!

although, based on the song titles so far Another Love Song seems out place!
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album cover is perfect, really expresses Leona breaking free.
  • Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My description of the cover was correct! Haha! Glad to see there are new songs on the sampler!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    Fire
    Another Love Song
    Ladders
    I Am
    Thunder

That's whats on it

I love the title 'Another Love Song'. I wonder if we'll get any reviews for the album sampler?

The only problem with blogs posting the release date is that they make post that it's been pushed back once the real date is announced. I personally believe the album won't be out until September.
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I AM says it all really how Leona is now feeling , positive ,confident , happy , just readng a book at the moment and it's says i Am is the best word to say to yourself, i think this title fits how Leona is feeling right now , this album is going to be incrdible
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I love the title 'Another Love Song'. I wonder if we'll get any reviews for the album sampler?

The only problem with blogs posting the release date is that they make post that it's been pushed back once the real date is announced. I personally believe the album won't be out until September.

I love the title Another Love Song and the fact is the second song on the sampler maybe suggest it could be considered as the second single?
    Forum Member
    Oh its called "Fire Under My Feet" on the sampler album!
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoinipO wrote: »
    IN LOVE!!!!
    I think it's my favourite Artwork! That or Echo!
    I really didn't like Echo but Glassheart's epically bad :p
    Forum Member
    So far we have...

1. Fire Under My Feet (Uptempo)
    2. I Am (Uptempo)
    3. Thank You (Ballad)
    4. Ladders (Uptempo)
    5. I Got You (Uptempo)
    6. Thunder (??)
    7. Another Love Song (Uptempo)

Kinda worries me that there is so many uptempo, a lot of big selling albums seem to have more midtempo and slower songs with the odd few uptempo!
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    IN LOVE!!!!

I really didn't like Echo but Glassheart's epically bad :p

I loved Echo! So sexy!

Spirit was a big bland, and the deluxe one was awful, but yeah Glassheart was just horrendous!
    Forum Member
    Why did the ATRL thread get closed?
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far we have...

1. Fire Under My Feet (Uptempo)
    2. I Am (Uptempo)
    3. Thank You (Ballad)
    4. Ladders (Uptempo)
    5. I Got You (Uptempo)
    6. Thunder (??)
    7. Another Love Song (Uptempo)

Kinda worries me that there is so many uptempo, a lot of big selling albums seem to have more midtempo and slower songs with the odd few uptempo!

Love the idea of an album with wings! I think I Am and Ladders might be classified as mid tempo.
    Forum Member
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Love the idea of an album with wings! I think I Am and Ladders might be classified as mid tempo.

A few reviews have called Ladders uptempo! Not sure about I Am though, that sounded midtempo yeah?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the title Another Love Song and the fact is the second song on the sampler maybe suggest it could be considered as the second single?

Going by the image on Twitter I Am is actually the second song listed. ALS is the fourth. I think I Am will be the second single released a week before the album.
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I don't know if Another Love Song was actually the 2nd track on the list, i can't remember, that's just how i typed it out :p

I am surprised at the amount of up tempo's but i think it depends what 'sort' of uptempo's they are. I mean if they were all dance based big beat uptempos then there might be an issue but Fire Under My Feet has been described as an up tempo yet clearly that is quite a classy credible song. It sounds more mid tempo to me from the clip but everyone there has said uptempo so i'll go with them!
    Forum Member
    Going by the image on Twitter I Am is actually the second song listed. ALS is the fourth. I think I Am will be the second single released a week before the album.

I dont think they'll have a single before the album other than fire.

It's clearly massive, and I suspect it'll be promoted for weeks then the release of the album whilst Fire spends its like 4th/5th week in the top 10.

Then a few weeks later I Am will be pushed, or I Got You, and the campaign will go on!
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    I don't know if Another Love Song was actually the 2nd track on the list, i can't remember, that's just how i typed it out :p

I am surprised at the amount of up tempo's but i think it depends what 'sort' of uptempo's they are. I mean if they were all dance based big beat uptempos then there might be an issue but Fire Under My Feet has been described as an up tempo yet clearly that is quite a classy credible song.

Take 21 for example - Rolling In The Deep, Set Fire To The Rain and Rumour Has It, the rest of the album was much more subdued and relaxing!

I love my uptempos and would happily have a whole uptempo Leona album, it's just the sales I worry about! :P
This discussion has been closed.