Options

Xbox One Controller Hurts My Hands

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Hi.

Yesterday I bought an Xbox One and it's great apart from the controller which really hurts my fingers/hands/wrists. Anyone else had this trouble?

Is there a special way to hold the controller?
I much prefer the 360 controller but these don't work with the One.

Are there any other controllers out there for the One?

Never had any issues with any console controller in the past and I have been playing them since the NES days in the mid eighties. Even the N64 controller which was notoriously clunky didn't hurt like the One controller.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the smaller sticks, and bumper buttons.

I don't think there are many alternatives out at the moment, due to the console still being relatively new
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only issue I had was sometimes using the thumb sticks, where because of the groves if I was playing a racing game and applying a lot of pressure, they would rub and become sore.
    But I just bought a pair of orbit covers for the thumb sticks and don't have a problem now
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I've never had a problem with the controller hurting my hands, however, one thing I DO have an issues with. is a sweaty controller!!!

I sit and play for a few hours and just find that the 'handly' bits of the controller (the bits that kinda sit in the fleshy part of your palms!) get quite sweaty!! Why to they continue to make the controller in plastic?!! They should give the 'handle' part of it, some kind of rubber grip, so it doesn't slide about when you get sweaty!!!!!!! :P
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Xbox One controller looks and feels quite cheap compared to the 360 controller. Same with the headset. It all feels too light and sticks out even more as I'm still using both consoles and switching between the 2 regularly.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    On a similar note, I had the original 360 when it first came out and found that after an hour or so the back of my hand would ache. Fast forward and I bought a used 360 yesterday and after a few hours playing Witcher 2 I've had no problems, have they changed the size/shape slightly since it's first release.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember the original, original Xbox controller?

Now that was painful - MS eventually made the "Japanese" controller available everwhere... Once they realised that the Japanese variant version wasn't as cripplingly uncomfortable as the standard US controller.

But back on topic - Yeah, the One controller isn't as comfortable as the 360 controller.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Hi.

Yesterday I bought an Xbox One and it's great apart from the controller which really hurts my fingers/hands/wrists. Anyone else had this trouble?

Is there a special way to hold the controller?
    I much prefer the 360 controller but these don't work with the One.

Are there any other controllers out there for the One?

Never had any issues with any console controller in the past and I have been playing them since the NES days in the mid eighties. Even the N64 controller which was notoriously clunky didn't hurt like the One controller.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Good news (possibly) Microsoft have released a 1Tb version of the One with a revised controller.

The controller will be available on its own, later in the year.
  • Options
    v0idv0id Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried one of these?