Forum Member
✭✭
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7256096.stm

Around 15% higher than last year. About the same as the price increases :yawn:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I moved from them a while back. And I have not looked back.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be moving shortly I think. Just need to find a suitable alternative.
  • Billy NomatesBilly Nomates Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    571 million up from 95 million is a little bit more than 15%, if I'm not mistaken ;)
  • Sweeny ToddSweeny Todd Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dumped them a few months ago now and it's wonderful.

I mean you wouldn't mind if they made up for it with wonderful customer service, but it took 3 letters of screaming at them just to get my name right on the bill! :rolleyes:

There service and incompetence is really so bad that I would be surprised to find that it hadn't caused a few suicides.

There is just no telling them or explaining anything to them - they are the worst company on the planet EVER! IN ALL OF HISTORY!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad that British Gas can brag about the profits they make, at the expense of some people maybe not being able to afford having their heating on as much as they would like. Honestly. Fat cats.
  • jellybabie68jellybabie68 Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im on prepayment meter with British Gas and I have noticed recently that I am using £2.50 a week more than I was beginning of the year (this is just the gas) I really am watching what we use atm, good job its mild this winter. I am also looking into switching and have done a comparison on uswitch is it easy just to switch over? do they have to come and install new meters etc?
  • Sweeny ToddSweeny Todd Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im on prepayment meter with British Gas and I have noticed recently that I am using £2.50 a week more than I was beginning of the year (this is just the gas) I really am watching what we use atm, good job its mild this winter. I am also looking into switching and have done a comparison on uswitch is it easy just to switch over? do they have to come and install new meters etc?

A gas meter is a gas meter they only change them when faulty or when upgrading or to have a snoop around if they think you are fiddling the meter.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These pure capitalist companies must laugh at the people of this country. Workers mostly on 12-20K pa get 2% year on year, if they're lucky, and Mervyn King admitted lifestyle is getting poorer for most. But companies and banks move from getting millions of pounds profit to literally billions from society (£571mill is about 0.5 billion).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These pure capitalist companies must laugh at the people of this country. Workers mostly on 12-20K pa get 2% year on year, if they're lucky, and Mervyn King admitted lifestyle is getting poorer for most. But companies and banks move from getting millions of pounds profit to literally billions from society (£571mill is about 0.5 billion).

The BBC report must have changed because earlier it had a comment from BG about how they expect to run at a loss next year.

I doubt it somehow. They'll say anything to justify their greed.
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    571 million up from 95 million is a little bit more than 15%, if I'm not mistaken ;)

Try 500%! :eek:

I don't have a gas main connection but if I had, and I was with British Gas, then I would be on the phone this second trying to get moved to another provider. It is disgraceful!
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on the BBC Have Your Say part of the BBC News website made a very good point about today's announcement from Centrica. I'll summarise it:

Why are the Government forcing workers to 2% increases (or in cases less or even pay cuts) in wages, lying to us about 2% inflation, but allow companies to make 500% profits from hard working people?

I'll also repeat what a lot of people have been saying - time for the Windfall Tax to be levied on them, and ensure (for once) they don't pass it on to consumers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad that Ofgem are looking into this.

I've been saying this for ages now, these utility companies keep on hiking up their prices by unreasonable amounts, then they announce record profits. Whilst I understand they must make a profit, they are completely taking the piss....

I hope Ofgem take them to the cleaners.