Steps The Ultimate Collection!

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK i just picked up the CD + DVD version of the album...and there was like 1/2 left there on the shelfs and then i come home and find out it is #2 on iTunes i am really surprised it has gone down so well :D proves STEPS still have it :D

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Is this just a rehash of the greatest hits album released at the end of their career?
  • fatpatiscallingfatpatiscalling Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    i really want it and am so glad its doing well
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Is this just a rehash of the greatest hits album released at the end of their career?

Technically yes, But it has a bonus track a re-recorded version of ABBA's Dancing Queen! But i am happy to get it just to support them coming back :D
    i really want it and am so glad its doing well

I KNOW RIGHT! It just proves all the doubters wrong that they are still relevant and still have a niche in the market for them. And now the tour, If both go down well could we be looking at another album next year? I bloody well hope so!
  • fatpatiscallingfatpatiscalling Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Technically yes, But it has a bonus track a re-recorded version of ABBA's Dancing Queen! But i am happy to get it just to support them coming back :D

I KNOW RIGHT! It just proves all the doubters wrong that they are still relevant and still have a niche in the market for them. And now the tour, If both go down well could we be looking at another album next year? I bloody well hope so!

I have to say i am ashamed to admit i didnt think their return would work but people obviously still love their music (as do I) so i am pleased on their success with this album but i saw their 2 performances on This Morning today and didnt rate their dance moves but i think thats a quality people like about them

i need to get this album !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say i am ashamed to admit i didnt think their return would work but people obviously still love their music (as do I) so i am pleased on their success with this album but i saw their 2 performances on This Morning today and didnt rate their dance moves but i think thats a quality people like about them

i need to get this album !

hahaha save up and get it then! haha :D i think it was inevitable because they are like 10-15 years older now plus they still have untill april 2012 to get everything back and sharp so there is no worries there for me. Im afraid I was the same with all the backlash and negativity on here but I am pleasantly surprised and am genuinely happy for them :D
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I'm glad it's doing well. When it was announced I immediately thought it would flop because it's essentially just a rehash of Gold, but the documentary has caused quite a bit of Buzz (:p) and with this tour announcement I think the album could be quite successful.

I bought it for the bonus DVD myself, plus it's nice to have 'You'll Be Sorry' featured after it was criminally overlooked on Gold. :D
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I cant believe it is number 2 on itunes :eek:, I thought it would probably peak at around 20! I am so glad it is doing well though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I'm glad it's doing well. When it was announced I immediately thought it would flop because it's essentially just a rehash of Gold, but the documentary has caused quite a bit of Buzz (:p) and with this tour announcement I think the album could be quite successful.

I bought it for the bonus DVD myself, plus it's nice to have 'You'll Be Sorry' featured after it was criminally overlooked on Gold. :D

Same here!!! My mum said why would you want that and when i pointed out the DVD with all the videography on it she was like get it as it is a nice collection to have!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW it is #1 NOW GO STEPS!!!!! :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW it is #1 NOW GO STEPS!!!!! :D

where are you getting that position from?
  • Music4life22Music4life22 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    where are you getting that position from?

Its #1 on the ITUNES Download chart
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fantastic..I just bought Dancing Queen off Amazon..but now see you can get tickets for the tour now if you buy the whole mp3 album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I am a massive STEPS fan i thought i was gunna get to like number 10 on iTunes because of all the people being negative and putting them down, Not #1 i' proud of them :D
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »

Yes, You'll Be Sorry is one of my favourite Steps songs and I never understood why it wasn't on Gold. Glad it's on the new collection, although they now seem to have omitted Words Are Not Enough instead, which is strange!
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would a NEW ALBUM do well?

Now thats the big question, I see them recording one next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Yes, You'll Be Sorry is one of my favourite Steps songs and I never understood why it wasn't on Gold. Glad it's on the new collection, although they now seem to have omitted Words Are Not Enough instead, which is strange!
    I am presuming it is down to space?..but words are not enough exists as a single mix I am sure..so it is a shame to miss it out
    I guess you could argue that the remix of One For Sorrow and the song I Know Him So Well should also be on it to be a complete collection
  • myscrapbook2011myscrapbook2011 Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have my copy....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I have my copy....

Bully for you:p. I don't :mad:
  • TutorGirl89TutorGirl89 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    My copy came in the post today :-) Didn't think it was going to do as well. Can't wait for the tour now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy came in the post today :-) Didn't think it was going to do as well. Can't wait for the tour now

I dont think anyone did to be honest, I dont think STEPS thought it would do as well as it has done :D Im sooo glad that it has done this well :D
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im delighted that the album is off to a good start, i really hope it does the same in the offical charts.
  • Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon.uk are selling 'The Ultimate Collection' for
    £8.93, in its 20 Track, 1 Disk Edition.

http://amzn.to/oXMO9n

But, they are selling the 2 Disk 'Deluxe' Edition for
    £8.99 - meaning that you get a 2nd CD, with 19 Video
    Clips, for just 6p more!

http://amzn.to/qwMufP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pikeur wrote: »
    Im delighted that the album is off to a good start, i really hope it does the same in the offical charts.

Same I hope it stays at #1 on iTunes for the rest of the week! They deserve it again they're amazing
    Zeus555 wrote: »
    Amazon.uk are selling 'The Ultimate Collection' for
    £8.93, in its 20 Track, 1 Disk Edition.

http://amzn.to/oXMO9n

But, they are selling the 2 Disk 'Deluxe' Edition for
    £8.99 - meaning that you get a 2nd CD, with 19 Video
    Clips, for just 6p more!

http://amzn.to/qwMufP

hahaha looks like more people will get the CD + DVD version which I think is a very good thing to have as a STEPS fan ;)
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the Words Are Not Enough video not on the DVD? It was arguably their most expensive one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the Words Are Not Enough video not on the DVD? It was arguably their most expensive one.
    lazyness?