Peter Andre Okay mag Re his Brothers Cancer.

Comments

• changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andre is perfectly entitled to fill his column with the story of the way his brother's condition is impacting on his life - of course he is!

And we, the public who have therefore been invited into the story are entitled to comment on it - of course we are.

It is low class, low rent, beyond tacky, extremely distasteful, revolting and beyond the pale. No matter how his supporters try and spin it, there is nothing that can be said that in any way excuses him. I've often wondered how low these Z-Listers can sink, but PA has certainly set a new low.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure that this is relevant, given that, from yours, we know you would defend anything he does. That is also your prerogative, but it adds nothing to the discussion, bar giving the impression that you dismiss the POV of anyone who does not see things as you do.

A bit like yourself do you mean, but pro his ex wife. :rolleyes: Pot, kettle, black.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    A bit like yourself do you mean, but pro his ex wife. :rolleyes: Pot, kettle, black.

Not sure where you're coming from there because I don't think I've seen artlessschaos say a good word about Katie Price :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    Not sure where you're coming from there because I don't think I've seen artlessschaos say a good word about Katie Price :confused:

Well l have seen her come to her defence on a few occasions which is more than she has ever done for him, so l draw my own conclusions from that, like she has drawn hers about myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well l have seen her come to her defence on a few occasions which is more than she has ever done for him, so l draw my own conclusions from that, like she has drawn hers about myself.

Well I completely disagree and, anyway, coming to her defense on a few occasions is hardly defending everything she does.
    I've seen plenty of times when she's slagged off KP but, yet again, it's that old story of anyone who doesn't like PA must be a KP fan and it;s just ridiculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I completely disagree and, anyway, coming to her defense on a few occasions is hardly defending everything she does.
    I've seen plenty of times when she's slagged off KP but, yet again, it's that old story of anyone who doesn't like PA must be a KP fan and it;s just ridiculous

Neither have I. Its the last defence line because quite obviously selling out your brothers cancer story and being disgusted by it obviously makes you a KP fan.

Just mischief making best to ignore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, certainly not. There are lots of folk on here that dont like him and l wouldn't say they were fans of hers, because they slate her as much as they do him.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    The Andre family may handle this any way they choose. Nobody on here knows how they feel because they AREN'T the Andre family & aren't walking in their shoes. They can deal with this horrific time how they choose & no-one can say " Oh,well done !" or "Oh,how wrong !" because we aren't involved in it. Their family pain & their family choice in how to deal with it. Anything that raises awareness of the impact on families is fine by me. There is no "how to handle cancer" manual. End of.
    Firstly we do know how they feel because PA tells us how they feel. He makes their private thoughts and feelings public.
    Secondly, when you choose to make something private very public, you choose to surrender the control over how other people think or feel about your actions.

He is not naive. He is not a simpering idiot. He has been in the business for years and has written about how the public's negative reaction to him and his attention seeking had brought him to a breakdown. So he is aware that you cannot completely control how people feel about you, nor can you fool everyone, all the time.

He has chosen to put his family through this publicly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, you just choose to believe what you want. I rarely defend her. I have defended him, over this issue. Doesn't mean I like either of them. There are pages and pages and pages of posts that "prove" I dislike both, but you choose to ignore them because I have pointed out that we don't live in the dark ages, so slating a women for having sex looks a little misogynistic.

I am quite capable of putting my dislike for a topic or an attack ahead of my dislike or mockery of a zeleb.

But again, this is not, and should not be about your personal feelings towards me. If you wish to dismiss my posts because of your own bias, put me on ignore rather than calling me a liar.

Thanks.:)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you just choose to believe what you want. I rarely defend her. I have defended him, over this issue. Doesn't mean I like either of them. There are pages and pages and pages of posts that "prove" I dislike both, but you choose to ignore them because I have pointed out that we don't live in the dark ages, so slating a women for having sex looks a little misogynistic.

I am quite capable of putting my dislike for a topic or an attack ahead of my dislike or mockery of a zeleb.

But again, this is not, and should not be about your personal feelings towards me. If you wish to dismiss my posts because of your own bias, put me on ignore rather than calling me a liar.

Thanks.:)

Good God. Are we really back to this stupidity again??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.:)[/
    QUOTE]

Ditto.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Good God. Are we really back to this stupidity again??
    Seems so. As predictable as a Peter Andre column!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not not a PA fan... I believe he loves his kids and I belileve he wants to be that great family man... I wish My dad brought me to Dubai as well.

However, I think what he is doing is morally a bit weird and wrong and I am allowed to say that.

I think KP does somethings right and somet hings wrong... Shock horror you can defend people and also disagree with them doesn't make you a "hater" of either of them.

In this case I believe PA has crossed the line. To say that his brother is going to live with him whilst goingthrough AGRESSIVE chemo and not tell the kids is just foolish.

Andrew is going to be throwing up, loosing hair, being sick most days and probably pretty crabby I know I was. I applaud him for protecting his kids but I dont think he will be able to this time.
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly we do know how they feel because PA tells us how they feel. He makes their private thoughts and feelings public.
    Secondly, when you choose to make something private very public, you choose to surrender the control over how other people think or feel about your actions.

He is not naive. He is not a simpering idiot. He has been in the business for years and has written about how the public's negative reaction to him and his attention seeking had brought him to a breakdown. So he is aware that you cannot completely control how people feel about you, nor can you fool everyone, all the time.

He has chosen to put his family through this publicly.
    No,his fame put this into the public domain and he has commented on it in a weekly column & one magazine. Two times hardly adds up to banging on about it incessantly. In fact the posters on here are the only ones going on about it to the extent of 23 pages/560+ posts and imagining the family will care about their comments. They won't,not mine & not anyone's. These are just OUR opinions & mean nothing to Andrew or his family. If people are offended then the remedy is simple....stop buying the two mags involved & reading his comments.With respect, it is really that simple.
    Andrew & the family have agreed on a course of action,and it is their course of action. Whether anyone approves or disapproves won't alter it for them. They will do what they need to do,handle it how THEY choose & unite behind Andrew. As a family should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ditto.

I have never called you a liar, and have never dismissed your posts.

Back on topic...if he wants to "protect" the kids, surely not giving blow by blow graphic accounts of his brother's condition to the press would be a good place to start...or am I missing something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No,his fame put this into the public domain and he has commented on it in a weekly column & one magazine. Two times hardly adds up to banging on about it incessantly. In fact the posters on here are the only ones going on about it to the extent of 23 pages/560+ posts and imagining the family will care about their comments. They won't,not mine & not anyone's. These are just OUR opinions & mean nothing to Andrew or his family. If people are offended then the remedy is simple....stop buying the two mags involved & reading his comments.With respect, it is really that simple.
    Andrew & the family have agreed on a course of action,and it is their course of action. Whether anyone approves or disapproves won't alter it for them. They will do what they need to do,handle it how THEY choose & unite behind Andrew. As a family should.

Are you saying what I saw about the Andres, or price or even greg wallace won't change the world :confused:

And here I was thinking I was going to be nominated for a Nobel this year for sorting out the Zeleb world of issues. Shoot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His zelebrity is based on him oversharing and putting a price tag on his life. His family are not famous. Many, many famous families have coped with cancer without cashing in on it, and without using it to fill their little columns designed to keep their profile up and their image positive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No HE has chosen to put it in the public domain. None of us would even have known his brother was ill unless he'd publicised it. Plenty of people more famous than him have had seriously ill relatives and yet we;ve not known a thing about it until after the event. His brother isn't and never has been famous and I'm sure not many people even knew he existed before this.
    Depsite what some on here seem to believe, Peter Andre isn't some huge megastar who is hounded by the press. He goes to them with stories and he could have easily made sure this was kept private. HEhas spoken about it, no one else has.
    Had he wanted this kept private, it would have been extremely easy to do so but he can't breathe without running to the papers.

As people have repeated time and time again but you have chosen to ignore unsurprisingly, his family can deal with it how they choose to, it's the fact he is using it as yet another titbit to sell to the public that people are fidning offensive. If he genuinely was using his brothers illness, with his permission, tol raise awareness of screening, symptoms etc, then fair play but he isn't doing that, he's just shooting his mouth off again and making it all about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually,it came to pubic awareness when he had to go to australia with the rest of the family in double quick time to be with Andrew and various bookings had to be cancelled to accomodate that . People inquired why & there you go ...out there...... on TWITTER etc.
    So ,out there it is,and he can comment on it as & when he chooses since he & his brothers are acting as a team to help Andrew & are there at the heart of the matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never called you a liar, and have never dismissed your posts.

Back on topic...if he wants to "protect" the kids, surely not giving blow by blow graphic accounts of his brother's condition to the press would be a good place to start...or am I missing something?

So now you think the kids read the press at this point in their lives? Seriously?:confused:
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said last night - his brother is not famous. His brother is not known. There is no need to detail every bit of his life in a trashy magazine column.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now you think the kids read the press at this point in their lives? Seriously?:confused:

Those magazines and newspapers Pete is featured in have an average reading age of 7 years old so it's not impossible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Those magazines and newspapers Pete is featured in have an average reading age of 7 years old so it's not impossible.

:D I think that's actually a little generous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They go to school. Kids at school repeat things that they hear their mums talking about. They go to shops, I assume.

They do not live in a vacuum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that being the case they will enjoy catching up on Mommy's best bits.;)
    But on the topic of the thread. People/press were always going to query why a person in the public domain(like Peter) cancelled bookings & 'left town in a hurry'. Thus it was that the plight of Andrew andre became public & Peter Andre chose to comment in his column & in OK.
This discussion has been closed.