Susanna needs a vote more than ever tonight

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Not a newsreader.
    Not working every day on Breakfast.
    and NOT a good dancer.

Bottom 2 this week, I hope. She is the weakest one left.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vote for Susanna you must be joking..not even in that dress she wore tonight..
    I am deadly serious. I never joke about women in black nylons.
    :cool:
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a dreadful AT.

She is the worst dancer left and should go tonight I feel.
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Susanna and I love Kevin. They usually get my vote, but not tonight. In a very mediocre show, they were the poorest. Not a good night for tangoes all round. Suaanna was bad and so was Sophie. I think Abbey was the best tonight all told/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    This may have been the first dance between them that Kevin didn't over dance her mainly because he didn't have a clue either. They were the worst tonight.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if someone is your favourite, I'm not sure I'd agree that the worse that they dance the more you have to vote for them. It is a reward for underperforming. It's rather unfair on the couples who are putting out the best performances and the people who appreciate them.

Voting for undermarked couples is a different matter of course, but that doesn't really apply to Susanna (rewatch the AT from last series if you're not convinced).
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she stays it will be just a sympathy vote - which is really not right.

She was the worst, with Ashley as the second worst, so she really should go. Now.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope she goes this week, but I have the feeling she'll sneak through. She somehow has fans :rolleyes:
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=davegold;70195791]Even if someone is your favourite, I'm not sure I'd agree that the worse that they dance the more you have to vote for them. It is a reward for underperforming. It's rather unfair on the couples who are putting out the best performances and the people who appreciate them.

Voting for undermarked couples is a different matter of course, but that doesn't really apply to Susanna (rewatch the AT from last series if you're not convinced).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Pasha and Rachel were my early favourites, out of loyalty to Pasha as well as in respect of her absolute beginner status. But I didn't vote for her every week. There reached a point in any case that it did not seem fair to her to try to keep her in the comp (that hideous Paso).

It's different if your favourite is one of the better dancers
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible music choice and lacking the swift sharp leg movements needed in the AT.
    Although I liked that they went for the closed hold version and they had a great connection but it was too carefully done and for the first time I thought Kevin wasn't particularly good either.
    I'd have liked to see the routine again with a decent musical choice.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

It's different if your favourite is one of the better dancers

In my opinion she is one of the better dancers. It was just tonight that she was below par.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As ATs go that was one of the worst I have seen on Strictly.

Wrong music, wrong footwork, wrong emphasis, wrong costumes, wrong everything.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    As ATs go that was one of the worst I have seen on Strictly.

Wrong music, wrong footwork, wrong emphasis, wrong costumes, wrong everything.

Yes I would agree, I really would it didn't work on any level, but I still like them more than any other couple so I don't want them to leave on a really bum note so I voted for them & now Marks gone they got all my allocation. So far (apart from Mark who we will put to one side now) there have only been 3 dances that have made me sit up & take notice & 2 of them are Susanna's & 1 Sophie.

We can't always like & vote for the the 'best' otherwise I would be voting Natalie every week & I don't dislike her at all but boy that was the dullest, technically good Paso I have ever seen.
  • Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I voted for Susanna so many times today it has added about £10,000 to my phone bill. That's how committed I am. Yes committed - it's a long story and I have to go now because the nice lady with my medication has just arrived at my bedside.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for Susanna so many times today it has added about £10,000 to my phone bill. That's how committed I am. Yes committed - it's a long story and I have to go now because the nice lady with my medication has just arrived at my bedside.

Take care Sally 😊. They don't allow sharp objects where I am either
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    I have been a big supporter of Susanna right from the beginning. She has been marvellous and has entertained week after week. However for what ever reason (maybe exhaustion as she is up at 3 am every morning to deliver breakfast news to us lazy ones) - she was below par this week.
    As a result she could be in the bottom two, and needs us the public to save her. Vote your favourite newsreader now:)

I like Susanna. But newsreaders are a complete waste of space. She (and her ilk) should be replaced by computer generated newsreaders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/606855.stm
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Susanna. But newsreaders are a complete waste of space. She (and her ilk) should be replaced by computer generated newsreaders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/606855.stm

The spirit of "Max Headroom" lives on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdpOjletnc
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    Probably has something to do with being a ridiculous theme and choice of music for an AT. Kevin did the best he could. It was better than I thought, but seriously...... some of the music choices this year have been awful.

That AT would have been SO much better with appropriate music. The passion was there but was drowned out from the noise that was the music choice.

Agree the music choice was absolutely dreadful.
  • nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Oh Susanna, done well to get this far, and tomorrow is another day - but better dancers and I just wish she would tone it down a bit - she's like Bonnie Langford's more enthusiastic sister.
  • jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gave gave her my free votes but only because the swingathon was soooooo badly scored and I'm fed up up of the judges trying to have who they want in the finals.
  • BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has the following dances left if she continues, according to the Semifinal dance thread: Foxtrot / Rumba or Salsa

IMHO only the Salsa would be something she potentially could do well at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenda57 wrote: »
    Gave gave her my free votes but only because the swingathon was soooooo badly scored and I'm fed up up of the judges trying to have who they want in the finals.

Of course the judges want who they think are the best dancers in the final. Did you think they wanted the worst ones?
  • sloggaslogga Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Well she and Kevin got all my votes cos I think they were at a disadvantage with the music they were given. Why oh why can't the couples choose their own music? The producers try to manipulate the results by controlling this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slogga wrote: »
    Well she and Kevin got all my votes cos I think they were at a disadvantage with the music they were given. Why oh why can't the couples choose their own music? The producers try to manipulate the results by controlling this.

I would feel the same way if practically every other couple in it hadn't been compromised the same way through out the series. I mean 'Delilah' for a Viennese Waltz? Artem and Natalie fared the best music wise, pity about the dance.
  • Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    slogga wrote: »
    She got my vote because of her disadvantage of being the worst dancer left (although her walking and stationary posing was incredible).