Absolute Bloody Travesty!

Comments

• Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered about you swearing. But you are wrong. The dance was not crap.

Ok it was not a c**p dance, but it was a c**p paso! or did I miss what dance it was supposed to be.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    I think Patrick has been consistently overmarked all the way through. Ashley is just a bit bland, although it's a shame he went on his best dance.

Agree

However Ashley being up against Patrick it was a no brainier. Only because Patrick is the judges favourite and for some rather odd reason he got a 10 for it, which was utterly rediculous
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    I agree - both Patrick and Ashley should be in and she should be out - just who is voting for her out there - middle aged southerners?

How pompous is that comment?
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeus wrote: »
    I'm not entirely certain but I think it's possible Susanna came second in the public vote, not first: E.g.

Patrick : 6 + 1 (7)
    Natalie : 6 + 4 (10)
    Abbey : 5 + 3 (8)
    Sophie : 4 + 6 (10)
    Ashley : 3 + 2 (5)
    Susanna : 2 + 5 (7)

Yes that's true she was first or second but no lower. Oh and for other posters. I vote for Susanna AND Kevin but I would vote for Susanna if she was with someone else too, because I like her & I am obviously not alone. It amuses me greatly that people think that because they don't like someone that nobody else could possibly think anything else.

I am delighted that she is through because of the public & despite the judges. If she goes next week then so be it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I think I must be watching a different programme. Ashley was the poorest dancer left in competition. He cannot move his hips and is stiff. Susanna has not been good for a few weeks now. I think the fairest result should have been Susanna and Ashley in bottom 2. Patrick is in the top 3 best dancers left which include Natalie and Abbey. My previous favourite Sophie disappointed this week again. Final Abbey, Natalie and Patrick.

This would be my final three also. Ashley was the poorest dancer although Susanna should have been with him in the dance off instead of Patrick.

Len is just as inconsistent as the other judges. He didn't like Patrick's Rumba when they originally did it, he said it was too full on so Patrick slowed it down. He didn't mention anything about heel leads the first time but now all of a sudden that's his angry rant.

Len also complained of Ashley's hips originally then did an example of how Ashley should move his hips. Ashley's hip movement in the dance off was worse than the first time and Len said nothing about it. Ashley struggled to do the lifts and missed the last one so Len made excuses for him missing the last lift. Len is simply the oldest judge on the panel. He wields his I'm the most experienced judge card when he doesn't get his way. He wears that angry ole man title well.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »

It's probably a correct comment -

Susanna should be out and Patrick and Ashley in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That poster despises Susanna it's a regional thing for them I think

Oh and I am a middle aged midlander with some Northern English & Southern Irish roots so I don't know how I could possibly be a Susanna fan but strangely I am.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that's true she was first or second but no lower. Oh and for other posters. I vote for Susanna AND Kevin but I would vote for Susanna if she was with someone else too, because I like her & I am obviously not alone. It amuses me greatly that people think that because they don't like someone that nobody else could possibly think anything else.

I am delighted that she is through because of the public & despite the judges. If she goes next week then so be it.

Never a truer word spoken and all that :D

Oh and I am a middle aged midlander with some Northern English & Southern Irish roots so I don't know how I could possibly be a Susanna fan but strangely I am.

I'm a Yorkshire girl so I should absolutely hate her with the passion of a blazing sun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK but, "middle aged southerners" whats that all about.Are there no middle aged northeners watching and voting?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well I am a middle aged southerner, but I don't vote until the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Why it's to do with Abbey and Natalie?

It would appear from the marks they get that they are the judges favourites; Natalie is an excellent dances and even though she didn't get the best marks for her Paso, she won the swingathon, which brought her to the top of the leaderboard; Abbey is constantly over marked, lovely as she is but her Salsa wasn't a patch on Ashley's; just very clever with the music, the dress etc but it was basically a hustle/disco dance. Still its only my opinion and its only a TV show, life goes on. ;-):D
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley wasn't the best male dancer, or the best dancer overall, so, imo, no travesty (in terms of the wider overall competion). However he did have at least another week in him and Susanna should have gone for me.

It does seem to show that Patrick isn't popular (at least this week) in the votes if he went from top of the leaderboard to ending up in the bottom two overall. And Ashley at the other end of the scale couldn't have been as popular as I had orinally thought, becasue Susanna, who was below him and danced an average A.T., managed to stay out while he didn't (big surpsie that outcome). I wonder if Susanna came even above Sophie, Abbey and Natalie in the votes, next week will be telling if she stays again (and is near the bottom of the leaderboard). I don't really like her dancing, I don't get the sexy BBC host thing either and I'm still trying to get used to Kevin's intensity of dancing.

Speaking of Sophie, she was in quite a mirky spot on the leaderboard herself, so I'm also somewhat suprised she climbed to saftey on what seems to be more support than I'd expected her and Brendan to have. I'm more suprised at what this result says about Susanna's standing than what it said about Ashley or Patrick.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member

I voted for Susanna as well. She has performed some amazing dances this series so I think she has every right to get to the final.:kitty:
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    its not really a travesty, he was the worst dancer left in the show :sleep:

probably should have been up against susannah, but i think she is better overall than him, although she's had a few duff dances recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    chels.p wrote: »
    How is this going to ensure Natalie or Abbey wins? If Sophie and Susanna are more popular than they will win-it's as simple as that! Susanna must have a lot of support to have escaped the dance off.

Or maybe its the Kevin lovers doing the voting and keeping her in? Who knows? We are all going to have different views and opinions and we are all entitled to voice them. I actually had Ashley down to win from the beginning; shows how much I know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK but, "middle aged southerners" whats that all about.Are there no middle aged northeners watching and voting?

Well apparently if they are watching they should be sticking forks in their eyes rather than supporting Susanna.

I may be wrong (I often am) but I think this has something to do with her moving to Salford but deciding not to disrupt the rest of her family (husbands job & children's school) by moving them out of London to 'the north' to set up home but travels back & forth.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when her name was mentioned when she was saved, the ovation was almost as though Nelson Mandela had just walked into the room

But you don't know what had just happened before that

Perhaps Kevin or Susannah had just cried , perhaps Ashley had just said all he wanted to do was to go home to his baby

Yes it probably means they are popular but just because the audience cheered or appeared to cheer in a pre recorded show we don't know what it mems really
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I gave up on this series from the off.

I cannot stand Bruce for one and it became increasingly obvious that the producers had a favorite. Especially when the 'Judges Vote off' was introduced.

I no longer watch and just read the spoiler threads and laugh like a drain.
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - both Patrick and Ashley should be in and she should be out - just who is voting for her out there - middle aged southerners?

Hello, middle aged southerner here. How very DARE you imply I would vote for that woman. I was for Ashley all the way! Seemed to me he was the most natural and had the greatest potential to be a great dancer if only his schedule allowed him to give his routines a bit of polish.
    Perhaps that could have happened if the morons that produce the show didn't keep hauling him off to make the pointless and cringing VTs instead of letting him train.
    The only reason I will even bother voting for the rest of the series is in the hope that it will stop Susanna winning.
    Not that I'm bitter........:p
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idetached wrote: »
    This would be my final three also. Ashley was the poorest dancer although Susanna should have been with him in the dance off instead of Patrick.

Len is just as inconsistent as the other judges. He didn't like Patrick's Rumba when they originally did it, he said it was too full on so Patrick slowed it down. He didn't mention anything about heel leads the first time but now all of a sudden that's his angry rant.

Len also complained of Ashley's hips originally then did an example of how Ashley should move his hips. Ashley's hip movement in the dance off was worse than the first time and Len said nothing about it. Ashley struggled to do the lifts and missed the last one so Len made excuses for him missing the last lift. Len is simply the oldest judge on the panel. He wields his I'm the most experienced judge card when he doesn't get his way. He wears that angry ole man title well.

I totally agree. I thought him telling Natalie she was in danger was very off too. Don't know what his problem was last night. His meds need regulating :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Why it's to do with Abbey and Natalie?
    It isn't - there are some funny ideas on here!
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Ok it was not a c**p dance, but it was a c**p paso! or did I miss what dance it was supposed to be.

You do love your crap :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member

No she shouldn't because the public voted to keep her in and so that's the correct decision. She had to have received either the top or second from top amount of votes this week.

Oh and I didn't vote for her, my OH did because he knew she was in trouble. He's a Manc btw.
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    As a southern softie I had Ashley and Suz to be in the dance off with Ashley surviving and rightly so.

I thought the public would comfortably save Patrick from the DO
  • StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    multisync wrote: »
    As a southern softie I had Ashley and Suz to be in the dance off with Ashley surviving and rightly so.

I thought the public would comfortably save Patrick from the DO

Not quite sure about this which is probably why we endured the fix that was the Swingathon